1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

High traffic from Google but pagerank is 0

Discussion in 'SEO' started by financialjesus, Dec 4, 2009.

My website www.financialjesus.com gets a lot of traffic from Google - about 30 000 visits/month.

I have several keywords that I rank on the top of the search results.

The Problem
    The problem is, that despite great traffic my pagerank is still 0 and has been like that for a long long time.
    I really wouldn't care about it since it is just a number and anyway I rank high and get a lot of visitors but it seems very important to advertisers.

I am trying to sell some text links on my website and since the pagerank is 0, people are only offering me 5-10 dollars per link/month.
    At the same time I see people with 5 times less traffic (6000 visits/month) but with pagerank 3-4 selling the same links for $20-30.

As my own website shows - it is not important to have a high pagerank to rank high in Google - even pagerank 0 will be ok, for 1st position.

But why is this pagerank so important to advertisers? Shouldn't the higher amount of people visiting my website be more important?
    And lastly - what can I do to make my pagerank better reflect the amount of visitors my site has?

financialjesus, Dec 4, 2009 IP
  2. extomas

extomas Member

Best Answers:
    This is not the problem, in fact it is good news for you. PR has nothing to do with traffic INSTEAD rankings drives traffic.

extomas, Dec 4, 2009 IP
  3. Paulie

Paulie Active Member

Best Answers:
    Pagerank can be important for advertisers as links from high pr sites equate better than links from sites that are pr0 (obvioulsy in the same niche is preffered)

So maybe you should offer banner advertising instead of text links?

That way people are paying for pure advertisement, rather than backlinks

Just a thought

Paulie, Dec 4, 2009 IP
  4. gary101

gary101 Peon

Best Answers:
    About your Google ads, increase the size of the font to the maximum size and change the blue to #0000FF, you might have a bit more success, worth a try.

Last edited: Dec 4, 2009
    gary101, Dec 4, 2009 IP
  5. Bohra

Bohra Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    If your traffic is much dont worry about PR .. PR Is more like a show piece traffic is more important

Bohra, Dec 4, 2009 IP
  6. gary101

gary101 Peon

Best Answers:
    yeah but people say that and still take note of it, if you have a high PR people are more likely to link to your site, which means more PR and more traffic.

I think it is a man thing, we like to go up levels, we need something to show that we are making progress.

gary101, Dec 4, 2009 IP
  7. MoviesP.com

MoviesP.com Peon

Best Answers:
    If you have already get enough traffic, why are you still caring about pr?

MoviesP.com, Dec 4, 2009 IP
  8. financialjesus

financialjesus Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I want to sell some advertising space on my website, but no one wants to buy if my pagerank is low...
    For some reason they don't care that I have over 30 000 visits per month.

9. MarkAse

MarkAse Peon

Best Answers:
    Forum profiles from very high PR sites can give you a pretty quick jump....look into Angela's and Paul's packets for help.

MarkAse, Dec 4, 2009 IP
  10. financialjesus

Best Answers:
    Well, I couldnt care less for the low pagerank, but people wont by advertising on a website that has 30 000 visitors and pagerank 0, but they will buy advertising on a page that has the same 30 000 visitors and pagerank 2.
    I don't get this.
    It seems to me that pagerank is only important to people buying and selling ads. It is not important for Google anymore and nothing depends on it... only if I make money or not

Easy to say if low pagerank is affecting my income potential. A number that is not useful for anything and doesn't mean anything is the difference if I make 100 dollars a month or 1000 dollars per month.
    It seems that the number of people a website actually has is not that important...

Angela's and Paul's packets? What are they? Point me to the right direction please :)

11. mdvaden

mdvaden Active Member

Best Answers:
    If you could give me 5 times more traffic, or 5 times more PR, I'd take the traffic anyday.

:)

mdvaden, Dec 4, 2009 IP
  12. Dotcom Hippie

Dotcom Hippie Peon

Best Answers:
    I rarely care about my own PR. What I do care about is the PR of those linking to me. :)

Dotcom Hippie, Dec 4, 2009 IP
  13. financialjesus

Best Answers:
    Thats exactly how I think...

14. Axel.jr

Axel.jr Peon

Best Answers:
    Are you sell link or paid post on your blog?, if yes this is the point. Same like my blog :) ,,,

Axel.jr, Dec 4, 2009 IP
  15. donluttrull

donluttrull Peon

Best Answers:
    Odds are this guy gets the point between the traffic vs. pagerank BUT why can't he have both?

It does infact BOOST the overall value of a site if it has page rank PLUS traffic.

Have you tested or gotten high pr backlinks through dp members or other sources yet?

I would like the traffic PLUS the page rank so overall more income would come my way.

I do agree if I had to choose between the two I would take the traffic IF it was good traffic BUT I wouldn't be satisfied with one or the other if I could have both.

donluttrull, Dec 4, 2009 IP
  16. financialjesus

Best Answers:
    What do you mean? Are you saying that my pagerank is 0, because I am selling links?

I've never done any special link building to get a high pagerank. You are saying I should, right?

17. patco

patco Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    If you need to see your PR growing you have to wait until the next PR update. BTW Nice blog :)

patco, Dec 4, 2009 IP
  18. br3adman

br3adman Active Member

Best Answers:
    Leave backlinks leave backlinks Leave backlinks leave backlinks Leave backlinks leave backlinks Leave backlinks leave backlinks

I suggest doing this and it should rise to 1 or 2 withen 2 months

br3adman, Dec 4, 2009 IP
  19. RightMan

RightMan Notable Member

Best Answers:
    You may find it little tough to sell advt. space on your site due to low PR, but if the traffic is really good as you claim, I am sure you would have many repeat clients for you as they are bound to get good traffic from your site as well.

Be little lenient with your price in roping advertisers initially and gradually scale up as you have enough of them satisfied with your traffic prowess! :)

On second thought, if the traffic is good, why rely on advertisers? Instead focus on affiliate marketing to deliver the goods! :cool:

Regards,

RightMan

RightMan, Dec 4, 2009 IP
  20. zgerm

zgerm Peon

Best Answers:
    In fact, I want to get visitors to my site instead of high pr, PR is only show you how importance for your pages, the main key is the traffic.:)

zgerm, Dec 4, 2009 IP