1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How many articles can you wirite in one day?

Discussion in 'Copywriting' started by in7, Nov 25, 2009.

I know that there are a lot of variables, mainly, the length of the article, the depth of the article , and your familiarity with the subject.

Let us say that the articles are avg. 500 word articles, not overly in-depth, and you have a general familiarity with the subject, but you still have to do some research.

It takes me about 1 hr. per article for something like this. This is mainly due to my slow typing speed, something I am desperate to improve on.

in7, Nov 25, 2009 IP
  2. Alanaj

Alanaj Active Member

Best Answers:
    I've written 500+ words in 15 minutes, but have also spent about 45 minutes on a similar subject with similar word count. I think it depends on your mood, subject matter, familiarity and your process.

Here's a tip (if you don't already know it): Write your intro paragraph, identify 3-5 key points and then elaborate on those points in 3-5 paragraphs. Writing goes much faster for me when I use this blueprint.

To answer your question the most I've written in a day was 15. I would love to devote one full day to see how many more I can finish.

Last edited: Nov 25, 2009
    Alanaj, Nov 25, 2009 IP
  3. gvannorman

gvannorman Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    There is quite a bit that goes into writing an article. You can use the format that Alanaj mentioned it will work wonders for you. I use the same format (sort of). Sometimes it will be varied depending on the topic and keyword density requirements.

But to answer your question I can write 20 500 word articles daily (depending on research required)

gvannorman, Nov 25, 2009 IP
  4. DreamingBig

DreamingBig Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    If the niche is not that hard and under 250 words, I can do a lot and possibly 30 plus per day.

If the niche is hard and around 250-350 words, I can write around 15-20 per day.

If the article is around 400-500 words per day, I can do no more then 10-15 per day depending on the niche.

The niche is vital because if a lot of research is involved, it might slow me down.

DreamingBig, Nov 25, 2009 IP
  5. Flashforward

Flashforward Peon

Best Answers:
    For me usually 5-10 500 word articles a day. It depends on if I have school or other activities, along with the topic of the article.

Flashforward, Nov 25, 2009 IP
  6. nisar

nisar Guest

Best Answers:
    As of today i am able to write only one article in a day and that also if i try my best. I new to all this and it takes me alot time to proof read and deliver the best. As each newcomer has the "try to be a perfectionist mood"

nisar, Nov 29, 2009 IP
  7. pro.seods

pro.seods Peon

Best Answers:
    If I am in a mood to write articles I can at least do 10 articles in a day (500 words each). It will take me around 30-45 mins to do research on the topic given, 10 mins to come up with something creative and unique and around 5 mins to type it out. So round about 1 hour per article.

But, notice one thing most of my time is utilized in research and development work which is one of the main aspects of an article writing process. Rest assured the article always have come out as a beauty and my buyers have adored them.

pro.seods, Nov 29, 2009 IP
  8. shabbirbhimani

shabbirbhimani Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    No matter how much I know about the topic(s) I cannot complete the article before couple of hours. Normally I do not prefer to write for others and I have couple of blogs with lots of readers and I write for my users.

shabbirbhimani, Nov 29, 2009 IP
  9. Sensei.Design

Sensei.Design Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    it depends. For normal it doesn't take me longer then 30 mintues to write an post an article of about 500 words when I'm writing about a topic I am in. I had days when I did 25 articles of 700 words each, but it always depends on how motivated I am and for whom I'm writing

Sensei.Design, Nov 29, 2009 IP
  10. etali

etali Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I prefer not to produce more than 2,500 words in a day. I'm capable of more in an emergency, but I feel that the quality suffers if I do too much. The actual writing process doesn't take too long, it's the fact checking, tweaking, and proofing that takes time for me.

etali, Nov 29, 2009 IP
  11. Lucky_romania

Lucky_romania Active Member

Best Answers:
    Depends on niche, knowledge about subject..

Lucky_romania, Nov 29, 2009 IP
  12. Alban123

Alban123 Peon

Best Answers:
    For article directories, in my native language, I can do ten 300-350 words original articles per day.

Alban123, Nov 30, 2009 IP
  13. guitarpro

guitarpro Active Member

Best Answers:
    Well, I would ideally like to do about 10 articles a day 500 words, but because there is so much of pressure on deadlines and the fear of not meeting them, I have even done about 25 articles a day 500 words in length.

guitarpro, Nov 30, 2009 IP
  14. in7

in7 Peon

Best Answers:
    Interestingly, it appears that the portion of the writing that takes most of you the longest is the research portion. For me, the main "gating item" is the typing. I am currently a slow typist, as you all have probably seen by one of my previous threads in this forum. Hopefully, with much practice, my speed will increase and along with it, my article output.

in7, Nov 30, 2009 IP
  15. d-namic

d-namic Member

Best Answers:
    If I'm familiar with the niche I scribe 12/15 articles per day, if is a new niche 8/10.

d-namic, Dec 3, 2009 IP
  16. bodzila

bodzila Peon

Best Answers:
    i usually take more than about a hour to complete one... LOL.. i'm really slow considering the others..

bodzila, Dec 3, 2009 IP
  17. ElitePrime

ElitePrime Active Member

Best Answers:
    Haha it takes me about 2 hours to write one article because I have to open a bunch of pages. do a bunch of research and take a bit of knowledge from each website to formulate my own unique articles. That was why I gave up being too lazy.

ElitePrime, Dec 3, 2009 IP
  18. learn2earn

learn2earn Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    All along 500 words, I can write 5 articles in a day.

learn2earn, Dec 3, 2009 IP
  19. sameer_reddy

sameer_reddy Peon

Best Answers:
    I have written around 15 well researched 500-1000 word contents in a day. That is the maximum I have written

sameer_reddy, Dec 3, 2009 IP
  20. WriteResults

WriteResults Peon

Best Answers:
    I write 3500 words per day. This can be fiction, magazine feature articles, Internet articles, or anything else that Im being paid to write. When I say 3,500 words per day, I mean words that I end up keeping after editing. If Im writing fiction, this may mean writing quite a few more, then editing it down.

Christine

WriteResults, Dec 4, 2009 IP