1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Squidoo V.S. Craigslist. Which is more profitable?

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by MarketExpert, Nov 25, 2009.

I have made thousands from Craigslist and only hundreds from Squidoo. However Squidoo is permanent and Craigslist ads are only a few months.

What are your experiences?

MarketExpert, Nov 25, 2009 IP
    ncz_nate likes this.
  2. Christian Little

Christian Little Peon

Best Answers:
    I think you've answered your own question.

I would have to agree that craigslist is more profitable, but squidoo has link juice which is always a plus. CL has way more buyers/people looking for your stuff, whereas squidoo is less targetted traffic.

Just do both and enjoy the ride :)

Christian Little, Nov 25, 2009 IP
    ncz_nate likes this.
  3. iwillguide

iwillguide Peon

Best Answers:
    Craigs list is good for affiliate marketing but i think dont help on SEO point .squidoo is good to get back links ..search engines give high credits for the back links of squidoo but you need to do a lot of work to get traffic from squidoo lens but its worth full to boost your earnings!

iwillguide, Nov 25, 2009 IP
    ncz_nate likes this.
  4. zurpit.com

zurpit.com Peon

Best Answers:
    Craigslist is good for getting traffic but not good for getting permanent backlinks. Also you have to know how to post links because if you do it wrong. Most likely it will be flagged down.

zurpit.com, Nov 25, 2009 IP
    ncz_nate likes this.
  5. seosg.info

seosg.info Peon

Best Answers:
    there isn't much good money left in craigslist for beginners. you'll just get marked as spam on craigslist is filled with spammers. if you want a good way to make money online, you should probably try starting an online business.

seosg.info, Nov 25, 2009 IP
    ncz_nate likes this.
  6. Jamie_M

Jamie_M Peon

Best Answers:
    I have tried to use Craigslist and I got flagged (like other posters have mentioned happens). I am just curious..you said you made thousands from Craigslist. Was this promoting your site for affiliate products or was it selling physical goods in your area?

Jamie_M, Nov 26, 2009 IP
  7. MarketExpert

MarketExpert Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Mostly affiliate products using unique descriptive SEO'd titles.

MarketExpert, Nov 30, 2009 IP
  8. MoviesP.com

MoviesP.com Peon

Best Answers:
    They are just not the same type of marketing.

MoviesP.com, Nov 30, 2009 IP
  9. spock0149

spock0149 Peon

Best Answers:
    I've had a good stream of visitors from backpage.com. There's some neat software out there too that does autoposting.

Backpage

Pros: Very relaxed with posting identical ads in multiple cities.
    Cons: Not so much traffic as Craiglist

Craiglist

Pros: MASSIVE amounts of traffic
    Cons: They're really strict with the ads and you're limited with how many you can post with one account. PVA's and all that mess to deal with.

spock0149, Nov 30, 2009 IP
  10. redviolin

redviolin Peon

Best Answers:
    craigslist is more profitable by the long run but ive noticed alot of people are now moving over to backpage for traffic as well

redviolin, Dec 1, 2009 IP
  11. elitesystem

elitesystem Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Craigslist is good but you can accept sweet SPAMS. As for squidoo, they are different and cannot be compared. Squidoo is a marketing elite and they dont like spams. You can advertise, earn from it, get backlinks and many more from a Squidoo lens.!

elitesystem, Dec 2, 2009 IP
  12. alex_cristo

alex_cristo Peon

Best Answers:
    Well, both have their wn importance and values and its hard to compare them.

But the bad thing about craiglist.org is that your listing expire after 30 days or earlier but with squidoo this is not the case but you need to promote your squidoo page but if you post on craiglist users already coming to that and you need not to promote your craigslist posting.

alex_cristo, Dec 2, 2009 IP
  13. JamesKPowers

JamesKPowers Peon

Best Answers:
    Umm, nobody can answer this question for you. It totally depends on what you're selling. For instance if you're selling services I'm willing to bet Craigslist would be a better fit for you, whilst if you were selling an ebook or electronic course you would do better in Squidoo.

JamesKPowers, Dec 2, 2009 IP
  14. elitesystem

elitesystem Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I used both. Craigslist is good for receiving spams :D; once your email add appears there, its gone! Squidoo is doing much better! You can compare both! I just came across a thread which was comparing USfreeads with squidoo. I would say the same for this case; advertising goes to Craigs! While squidoo provides backlinks, good for Seo and marketing-- you get to keep your lens forever as long as you keep them updated!

elitesystem, Dec 3, 2009 IP
  15. dejanlesi

dejanlesi Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I think you should do a bit of both.. Craigslist for short term income and also Squidoo and websites for constant recurring income.. And if you play it right the squidoo and websites income also always grows :)

dejanlesi, Dec 3, 2009 IP
  16. desperateboy

desperateboy Peon

Best Answers:
    We can use craiglist for good traffic only bcoz after one month it removes from their database. Squidoo is permanent advertisement & back link for website. Both have different advantages.

desperateboy, Dec 3, 2009 IP
  17. Jamie_M

Jamie_M Peon

Best Answers:
    Do you use multiple Craigs List accounts? I have tried posting in large towns, but when I do, I am immediately flagged (even for topics that aren't that big like making money online, weight loss, etc). When I post in smaller towns, I am almost never flagged, but don't really get any hits. Maybe I am not writing my copy very well.

Jamie_M, Dec 5, 2009 IP
  18. TFriend

TFriend Peon

Best Answers:
    To answer the OP's question...It all depends what your goals are and what you are doing.
    I have made a lot of money from both, craigslist and squidoo.
    Craigslist works well if you know how to use it properly. Even then you will receive HUGE amounts of highly targeted leads which will make you decent amounts of cash "now" but it definitely wont last..Ads get flagged, gets moved down from the front page, ghosted and eventually expire. Craigslist is completely useless for any kind of SEO..

On the other hand, if i were building a site or landing page with the intentions for it to get ranked well, then craigslist is going to prove useless to me and id go the squidoo route. Squidoo lasts longer, ranks longer, is more valuable to the visitor and can prove to be very useful in an SEO campaign (along side other Web2.0 properties as well)

TFriend, Dec 6, 2009 IP
  19. MarketExpert

MarketExpert Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Yes my frend. Mackpage is my favorite classified website! Less restrictions. There is nothin worse than crating a great ad and having it deteted by some scaggy craigslist user.

MarketExpert, Dec 7, 2009 IP
    elitesystem likes this.
  20. cyberfreakz

cyberfreakz Peon

Best Answers:
    I think it depends more on whom you target and what you sell. If it is precise, then craglist or any good classified site helps. If you are trying to attract a bigger general crowd, squidoo lenses help better!

cyberfreakz, Dec 7, 2009 IP