1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Okay, so they banned me from Warrior Forum because of my name?! (lol)

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by Game Producer, Jan 28, 2009.

1. Rich Mann

Rich Mann Active Member

Best Answers:
    They just real strict rules about linking to affiliate product pages. It's OK if it's a page you built that has affiliate products but a straight link or redirect directly to an affiliate product sales page will get you tossed.

Rich Mann, Feb 8, 2009 IP
  2. teo123

teo123 Banned

Best Answers:
    Remember giving any sort of promotion - even if negative in nature - is still promotion.
    Those forms may get a nice little increase in traffic now. ;)

teo123, Feb 8, 2009 IP
  3. trackermo

trackermo Guest

Best Answers:
    I still go on the Warrior occasionally. From what I understand, i's not a rule to use your real name. Last year they decided it was better if members used their real names rather than nicknames. And the admins offered to change them manually. At least, that's what they said. I already used my real name as my username there, anyway, so it was never an issue.

I think the real trouble may be that it's not programmed into the sign-up, so it still has to be manually changed by the admin... not sure about that. But it makes sense.

But I don't think it's a RULE to use your real name. More like a guideline.

As for getting him un-banned. Well, maybe someone has the pull. But, not me. And, frankly, I find that forum a bit too... hmmm... pick an adjective: greedy, unfriendly, cliquey... shall I go on? As is all too common in forums, a few people try to take over the whole place and, unless the admins rein them in, they soon act like its their own domain. Literally.

That was one of the first marketing forums I joined (back when they claimed to be "private"), and when I go on there now, relative newbies (newer than me) run ramshot over the whole place. If you make one comment that someone doesn't like, you get blasted from here to tomorrow. No, thanks.

Plus, I'm not impressed with their WSO or classified areas-- I've tried both twice ($$) and received very poor responses (as in $0). Oh, hey! I know why. I didn't promise the Moon, the Sun, the Stars and the Universe, all for $5. LOL! I just offered a real product at a real price... and I was drowned out by all the BS.

Honestly, the ads there are ridiculous-- but people suck them up. Being strongly supported by PIPs, they get a constant influx of newbie and semi-newbies so... there you go. Lambs to the slaughter.

Anyway, that's been my experience. Personally, I would say don't waste your time there. There are a lot of better forums than that-- strarting right here. :) And others... many.

Marige

trackermo, Feb 8, 2009 IP
    JoyGoRound likes this.
  4. dangregory

dangregory Peon

Best Answers:
    I have to agree about the negative assessments of the WForum. I had a friend who spent a year there giving lots of free, no strings attached advice. Then when people urged her to finally sell a WSO sharing some of her expertise, as soon as the WSO became successful she received creepy death threats from one member and a bunch of other people slamming PayPal with spurious refunds to try to break her business. Then when she complained publically in an effort to alert other members to this one extremely scary person, a bunch more scary people came out and harrassed her in that thread. Keep in mind, she was seriously afraid for her life at this point. And nobody stood up for her. In fact, the success of her WSO only seemed to bring out the worst jealousy and petty behavior in other members. (She only made about $1500 from her WSO, so it really wasn't a huge success or anything, just a nice achievement since she hadn't tried to sell IM based how-to guides before.)

She has since retreated underground and isn't a part of the public IM world any more. Can't say I blame her!

Dan

dangregory, Feb 8, 2009 IP
  5. Karen May Jones

Karen May Jones Prominent Member

Best Answers:

Bad! What is WSO? Also, did that really scary person ever get "his"?

Karen May Jones, Feb 8, 2009 IP
  6. Rich Mann

Rich Mann Active Member

Best Answers:
    I won't attempt to defend the WF here because over the years I have witnessed some crazy things happen in there, but I will say that I have seen some remarkable things happen in there too. It's a pretty close knit group and typically if you have a problem in there it's not uncommon to have a bunch of others lend you a hand to resolve the problem. I have learned a lot about the IM business in there by some of the top marketers on the internet.

On the other hand, I've had my share of getting taken for a ride on WSO's. (Warrior Special Offers). The latest costing three months of valuable time chasing my tail by someone that didn't have a clue, posted a WSO claiming to show you how to make $100 a day in 90 days as you watch over their shoulder, and folded up after 50 days and ran with the money. over 550 people bought into the scam and then got dumped on their butts and never made a dime. Neither did the promoter.

The WSO was eventually taken down and the entire thread was removed but the author still has an account there. That's what I'd call a clear reason for getting banned but that didn't happen.

I'm glad I joined this forum because I can see that there's a definite difference in philosophies here.

Rich Mann, Feb 9, 2009 IP
    JoyGoRound likes this.
  7. increased online traffic

increased online traffic Peon

Best Answers:
    You likely never will find out the answer to your question, I have been banned there for a second time. But this time I know why, because I said that I should maybe ask the moderators what I am allowed to say so my post don't get deleted also added that the forum reminded me of communist Russia, that did it.

8. amki

amki Peon

Best Answers:
    To those of you who paid to join and want your money back, I read on another forum that it's as simple as going to PayPal and asking for it. Can't verify that as I didn't pay. Maybe that's why I got banned. LOL

amki, Nov 30, 2009 IP
  9. vlerian

vlerian Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    amki, this thread was created almost a year ago :)

vlerian, Nov 30, 2009 IP
  10. amki

amki Peon

Best Answers:
    I know that. I just replied at length as to why I bumped it, forgot to save it, apparently am having login problems because I've been inactive here for a long time, lost it, and don't feel like going through it all again.

The thread needed updating, IMO, because of of current activity internet-wide on the subject; bumping seemed the better option.

I refer you and all readers to this forum thread http://ablakeforum.com/index.php/topic,813.0.html for relevant information not appearing in this (DP) forum.

amki, Nov 30, 2009 IP
  11. tonyran

tonyran Peon

Best Answers:
    I know this is an old thread but couldnt resist

WF - Threads: 106,560, Posts: 1,155,164, Members: 161,802
    DP - Threads: 1,510,840, Posts: 12,302,908, Members: 329,937

(Stats are of today)

So that leave them with older and more serious member wich doesn't mean anything really:D

tonyran, Nov 30, 2009 IP
  12. amki

amki Peon

Best Answers:
    One of the things mentioned in the forum thread that I posted above was that Allen Says set his 'users currently online' stats by stretching the time (hope I remember that correctly). Lots of juicy tidbits there; hope you'll read it.

I suspect that the almighty Warrior Forum is past its use by date.

amki, Nov 30, 2009 IP
  13. gabrielh

gabrielh Peon

Best Answers:
    I recently joined both WF and DP to network and to post WSO's, and that is when I started using my real name (or most of it, at least..). My experience on all forums has reflected what is written here but has also been the same all across the board - no matter what forum we're talking about, people make friends and enemies, cliques form, gurus and leaders appear, some people make nuisances of themselves and some are ignored - all forums become microcosms, small worlds in and of themselves, and they tend to reflect the larger world and memes of internet marketing. You also get out of them whatever you put into them, so I'm going to make an effort to post here at least once a day. And, not meaning to hijack the thread, but I'm new here. Please add me to your contacts list if you'd like.

gabrielh, Dec 2, 2009 IP
  14. TG2006

TG2006 Guest

Best Answers:
    I was banned for having an avatar that apparently offended women on the forum. I rejoined and was banned after I asked about a refund I wanted from a WSO seller but was banned after one post for "spamming".

What annoys me is the mods never EVER ban the likes of Paul Myers who is one of the rudest and arrogant members on the forum. He regularly makes abusive posts towards anyone that doesn't agree with him.

Theres different rules for some senior members. If you're friends with Allen you will never get banned and you get to post WSOs for free (John Taylor, Paul Myers for example)

Allen Says doesn't have a clue about how to run a forum.

TG2006, Dec 21, 2009 IP
  15. dess71

dess71 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    What is wrong with WF?? They banned me for doing nothing. Even no signatures. But they keep on sending me their WSOs. what kind of dishonesty is that?? They don't want me but they want my money. Oohhh. I don know what to say more than this.

dess71, Jun 22, 2011 IP
  16. pmbrent

pmbrent Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    The WF is a tricky place, some topics or post get automatically deleted and some people get banned for no apparent reason. The messed up thing is they don't provide feedback on why those actions were taken.

pmbrent, Jun 22, 2011 IP
  17. golfpro1

golfpro1 Peon

Best Answers:
    It happens, you should speak to one of the mods to see if they can be a solution

golfpro1, Jun 23, 2011 IP
  18. Charlotte Jordan

Charlotte Jordan Active Member

Best Answers:
    Wait, what? No way to get the ban lifted? I call BS. Send a ticket to the helpdesk to find out why. I have heard of a few people being permanently banned, but it looks like in your case you shouldn't have been. I'm very active over there and have never had any issues.

Charlotte Jordan, Jun 24, 2011 IP