1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Why is it always "CHEAP ARTICLE WRITER"

Discussion in 'Copywriting' started by phyza, Apr 13, 2009.

1. CPAPro1337

CPAPro1337 Peon

Best Answers:
    because these people are just looking for fly by night BS content to fill their site

CPAPro1337, Nov 6, 2009 IP
  2. Ziantal_ann

Ziantal_ann Peon

Best Answers:
    I certainly agree with you. Small site owners and individuals do not have much capital to hire quality and expensive article writer. That is the reason why they go for what they can afford.

I know someone who offers cheap rates for articles but you will be impress with how he works. Its quality made, well researched and done with taste. I do not agree with others here who say cheap article writer=cheap articles.

Ziantal_ann, Nov 6, 2009 IP
  3. AnniCanClick

AnniCanClick Active Member

Best Answers:
    All right, in answer to the OP:

There aren't enough adverbs in the world to express the total candor that I'd like to infuse the following statements with, so you'll just have to take it at face value. The Internet is like the ocean; every drop of water is one website, and each site is teeming with activity, --just because you can't see it, doesn't mean it isn't there. Even the dead sites, that are just sitting there, waiting for their registrations to expire, are filled with activity; hackers trying to crunch through security, the rare hits from the largely oblivious public, and so on. From the microscopic forms of life, all the way up to like, the Giant Squid, --let's pretend that Google is the Giant Squid. Makes sense to me.

Anyway, the point is, all these tiny little writers, and tiny little get-rich-quick clients, they're like plankton. They are short-lived, and are constantly depleted and replenished, because they're unable to grow beyond the spectrum of their metaphor, because they have no focus, and they started out with the belief that this *waves hands around indicating entire Internet* is an easy job. But without the plankton, nothing else in the ocean would survive. The rest of the fish thrive from an ocean of minutia, because we have something to compare and contrast to, and a virtual economy constantly in flux.

So for the frustrated fish; the talented writers wondering why it is that so many jobs and clients are passing them by, and going to writers who work for nothing, --don't worry. You're a fish. You eat plankton. And worms. And anything else that gets in your way. And in return, you'll grow, and later on down the line, you'll read much more confusing analogies and metaphors from other people in copywriting forums.

It's about money. You spend money to make money in the content market, and the less money you spend, the more your inevitable payout will seem like in comparison. Bloggers, and webmasters that are new to the Internet won't realize for a few years that spending a little more, increases the quality, thus increasing the payout even more; quality content is a huge investment. And by then, there'll be a whole new crop of cheap writers, and cheaper clients.

The sad thing is, when you label yourself as a "cheap article writer", that's what you are. I don't know about the rest of you, but I sure as hell never said to anybody when I was a kid, that I want to grow up to be a cheap article writer.

AnniCanClick, Nov 6, 2009 IP
    jhmattern likes this.
  4. averyz

averyz Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    It all depends on who and what you are writing for.

New sites take years to make money (real money not $1.25 a month) When you hear people telling tales on how their sites get put up and make people rich the next week blabla.. Then go ask them for a well paying job. (good luck, they are probably broke and will pay you with stories or try to hustle you out of a few dollars)

Go to the BST section and look at how much new sites are selling for, $20-$50?
    So if someone spends $10-$25 on content on these sites they are making $10-$25 or less to build a website.

For every web page that is making money there are thousands that make .000 or very little. If you find someone that wants a page that gets 1000 views a day rewritten to try to sell something they will probably invest and spend some money.

So that’s why “80%” want cheap writers because 80% of sites really don’t make decent money. People know $$$ buys quality but lots of times they don’t have the money to spend on it

Last edited: Nov 7, 2009
    averyz, Nov 7, 2009 IP
  5. BlueriverD

BlueriverD Peon

Best Answers:
    I don't even understand why there is so much talk about article writing in a copywriting section. I've seen this corrected by others a number of time but still no matter what I see people confusing copywriting with article or blog writing.

BlueriverD, Nov 10, 2009 IP
  6. digicam

digicam Active Member

Best Answers:
    How about if DP creates a separate Content Writing forum?

digicam, Nov 10, 2009 IP
  7. jhmattern

jhmattern Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    You can talk about any type of writing in this section, even though it was originally setup as a copywriting forum. You just may not sell your writing here, buy writing in this section, or create duplicate threads just because you haven't searched. It's not likely a content writing section will be added. Remember, this is a webmaster forum; not a writing forum.

jhmattern, Nov 10, 2009 IP
  8. SCOTTIESIL

SCOTTIESIL Peon

Best Answers:
    I am getting 7 free blogs on the clickconversion.net network. So free is not always bad, they are on different C class network IP addreses. But I do need copy writers. anyone interested in a partnership?

SCOTTIESIL, Nov 20, 2009 IP
  9. gvannorman

gvannorman Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Well, when it comes to "cheap article writers" you need to understand that it is the writers that are cause of this trend. All the quality writers her on DP start charging less and less to compete with the foreign writers. This is the main problem.

Quality is worth something. My tip is don't be afraid to say no to a client who only wants to pay you a portion of what you want. Its really that simple. Eventually these buyers will come back and be willing to pay more for the quality that you can provide.

gvannorman, Nov 20, 2009 IP
  10. jhmattern

Best Answers:
    No they don't. Certainly not "all." Many are smart enough to know better, and you rarely if ever even see them advertising here.

jhmattern, Nov 21, 2009 IP
  11. SmallPotatoes

SmallPotatoes Peon

Best Answers:
    A different perspective:

I'm a perfectionist about my sites (probably pointlessly). When I do my own writing, I spend a ridiculous amount of time on it, to the point where my effective return is very low. Faced with a blank document screen, I'll spend half an hour searching for the right literary allusion to open a FAQ about changing passwords.

I've found that by hiring cheap writers, I can often get a serviceable first draft, which I can rewrite into usable shape much more quickly than I could write from scratch.

If I contrast two hours spent writing a 500-word article on my own, vs paying someone $5 and then spending 15-20 minutes touching it up, it's clear which makes more financial sense.

SmallPotatoes, Nov 21, 2009 IP
  12. jhmattern

Best Answers:
    For those with the 15-20 minutes per article to spare (where it's not cutting into more important income-generating activities), AND as long as you're 100% sure you're not getting infringing work (copyscape is far from enough to tell you that) for your $5, then it might be a tolerable option. You won't get anything amazing, truly unique, or experience-driven from an authority source, but for quick SEO fodder it's certainly better than using the $5 articles outright.

jhmattern, Nov 21, 2009 IP
  13. neoloves?

neoloves? Active Member

Best Answers:
    I'm partly saddened by what's happening.
    This cheap writer phase is so damaging, and no one seems to care.
    Too many people are dabbling in the website business because they all want to make money, so, the invest as less as possible, and then try to get links, and ads and make cash. A big truth in this phenomenon is that the dollar rate has greater returns for certain geographical locations, so, people are putting anything they can online.

I'm so hoping that Google becomes a super being overnight and takes LSI really seriously. All the rewritten stuff needs to go. It's unfair to rewrite, and charge a pittance, it's not even writing, it's so crappy.

A few clients who insist on original certainly wouldn't ever know if the content is a simple rewrite so a lot of the writers that guarantee originality probably don't understand all this, and honestly believe they're churning out original content.

For writers who're really trying to make the online world a better place, they get beaten because someone somewhere is dying to sell $1 articles and they'll even write 500 words for it.

How do you compete with this?
    You don't. I would be so glad to give some people a piece of my mind even at the risk of sounding mean. I don't because some part of me understands that making money is what drives everyone, and I'm no one to judge but I'd give anything for stricter online policing.

neoloves?, Nov 29, 2009 IP
  14. jhmattern

Best Answers:
    Long story short, if you're still trapped in a phase where you're losing out on gigs to the $1 article crowd, the problem isn't with them. It's with you. They're only your competition if you're doing something wrong on the marketing front. If you don't want to be offered peanuts, start targeting more serious markets.

jhmattern, Nov 29, 2009 IP
  15. neoloves?

neoloves? Active Member

Best Answers:
    True, but unfortunately there are a few people who are getting trapped. I know at least 3 writers who're very new in the market, and they write well. They're completely underpaid, and they don't have any sites yet, have just about signed up with PayPal, and, so they'd need a while to settle in but at the moment they're really getting ripped apart.

16. jhmattern

Best Answers:
    Again, if they're underpaid, it's their own fault. That's what happens when people jump into business without conducting proper market research or coming up with any kind of business plan. Freelancing is business. Those who treat it as such tend to do rather well. That includes targeting the right markets from day one!

17. digicam

digicam Active Member

Best Answers:
    Out of all the webmasters who hire writers, how many do you think have thousands of $$$ to spare? If you need 100 articles for $20 each, that's what? Sure, there are people there willing to pay that much. But they aren't many! The vast majority of people making web sites are average income folks who just don't have a bottomless well of money to pay top-shelf writers.

Cheap article writers, whether local or offshore, are just doing what they can to compete. That's just business unfortunately.

digicam, Nov 29, 2009 IP
  18. jhmattern

Best Answers:
    Actually, there ARE many with big budgets. But people trolling forums for advertised gigs won't find them. It's not how that market operates the vast majority of the time. That's precisely why those who do the business planning and who choose the right market to target tend to succeed while those who tend to focus on the obvious and advertised gigs often quit out of sheer frustration in not getting paid enough.

Anyone who chooses to compete with cheap article writers is precisely that and they'll never be anything more until they learn how to treat their own writing more like a business and start over in the proper market. That's just business.

19. neoloves?

neoloves? Active Member

Best Answers:
    1 thing that has helped strike a balance (for me) is to find at least 2-3 well paying clients. Make sure you write well and are indispensable to them. Now, I know this isn't going to work for everyone because we're separated by boundaries, so value of money varies. Your good clients will always pay you a lot. They may not have work for you for all 20 days of the month. As such, fit in whatever they have, and at the same time you can consider a few of the 1 cent a word gigs.

I'm still happy with the money I make because I don't have to pay $1300 on house rent like my friends have to. I have to pay just $250, so, even mediocre paying jobs help me.

I'm not targeting very high markets because in some instances I'm overlooked even before my application goes through because I'm not native. Don't let all this bother you because it's a very small part of the job.

Make sure you have some sort of a blog where you can keep uploading new written stuff. It doesn't have to be hardcore but add variety because it helps potential clients view your work.

Another thing, that can be done to override the cheap brigade is offer comprehensive services. Become a regular blogger, give people articles, upload blogs, make things work for them, follow up, see how your work helps their site do well, they'll keep coming back.

Sometimes, it's even okay to work for free, write a few sample articles, there's way too much we still have to learn.

20. gvannorman

gvannorman Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Well, lets discuss this for a minute. "It is okay to work for free" I do not agree with this. I feel that my time is worth money to someone and that someone is me. If I do not get paid for my time, it is because I am spending it with my family not work.

Simple.

gvannorman, Nov 30, 2009 IP