1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Why & How JESUS CHRIST IS GOD. . .According to Scripture.

Discussion in 'Politics & Religion' started by Nehemiah, Mar 18, 2009.

1. Obamanation

Obamanation Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Interesting that the neither Jews or Christians anywhere on this planet kill people for working on the sabbath, or for cursing at their parents, or for being gay. As I pointed out earlier, some churches now have gay pastors, and gays fighting to be pastors in the ones that don't. Given that the old testament is considered a Holy text to both Jews and Christians, I ask you again, how do you reconcile these things?

Obamanation, Nov 28, 2009 IP
  2. HR_MBA

HR_MBA Active Member

Best Answers:
    Being gay is still considered an abomination by most churches around the world, yet phrases several lines later are considered 'outdated'. Why is this so?

HR_MBA, Nov 28, 2009 IP
  3. Obamanation

Best Answers:
    That is part of the question I asked you. The full question was more general. Why no killings by Jews and Christians for what the bible clearly indicates requires death? Why is it "wrong" to kill some one, or have sex with a 10 year old?

It seems you may be searching the bible for absolutes(fundamentals) more than many "Christians", especially the gay Christians. This is not unusual, by the way, for what I call Atheist fundamentalists.

4. HR_MBA

HR_MBA Active Member

Best Answers:
    It seemed the OP had no problem in posting original bible quotes, so I posted a few for clarification. I'm sure you could find examples of Christians killing for these reasons if you looked hard enough - pretty sure I read an article by a Rabbi outlining 'How to kill non-Jews' the other day. If that was a Sheik, oh imagine the outrage

HR_MBA, Nov 28, 2009 IP
  5. Obamanation

Best Answers:
    Mullahs do so all the time. Sticking with Christians vs. Atheists, you'll be hard pressed to come up with examples of the church advocating killings. I know it feels good to say, "the bible orders people to kill" and call the religious evil, but it is quite frankly pure B.S.. Now if you can figure out why it is that Christians and Jews don't kill people in the name of the old testament, which clearly orders death for many mundane things, while at the same time some(many?) Muslims are perfectly happy to die/kill in the name of their religion, you'll be a step closer to putting your finger on the real culprit.

6. Breeze Wood

Breeze Wood Peon

Best Answers:

~ The religion for man from God is to seek redemption from the "sin" committed by Adam and Eve.

~ Even the immediate quote is misleading as how the sin is passed on as being done through nature when it actually is passed on through teachings as the original couple became corrupt in thought and the search is for the truth the corruption has misplaced.

~ The bible itself is a corruption from the original sin all the writings not issued by God as the author. The scribes, followers of Jesus whoever they are that compile the teachings written in the book are all doing so through sin (varying degrees). The Quotes from the bible are clear examples when read of their imperfections that in seeking redemption may be made more perfect during the process to the point of discovering the sin and then only will we know them to be perfect renderings of Gods wishes.

~ In short, the Edenist congregation believes literally the bible is alive and open for revision as long as the original sin has not been discovered and is the process of revision that will lead us to the final truth - The Bible is the beginning but not the end.

~ Our path takes us through the Garden of Eden, not through Jesus Christ for redemption - Jesus is our example but our salvation is for our own making.

Breeze Wood, Nov 28, 2009 IP