1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Google warns against comment spamming for ranking

Discussion in 'Google' started by soopoot, Nov 26, 2009.

1. BadBoyzStudioZ

BadBoyzStudioZ Peon

Best Answers:
    What in the hell is the point in worrying about what Google does or doesn't do? If you discover some "secret" weapon you can bet everyone in the known universe is going to do it too and Google will get all butt hurt and change their algorithm. Just quit trying to cheat the system and build a good website that people care about and quit licking Google's behind!

If you don't think that Google is "Big Brother", considering they have a picture of YOUR HOUSE on their website, then you are all sheep to slaughter as far as I can tell!

BadBoyzStudioZ, Nov 26, 2009 IP
  2. Sem-Advance

Sem-Advance Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Do you think they saw me nude sunbathing??? :eek:

http://www.clintdixon.com/images/clintshouse.jpg

Sem-Advance, Nov 26, 2009 IP
  3. BadBoyzStudioZ

BadBoyzStudioZ Peon

Best Answers:
    BadBoyzStudioZ, Nov 26, 2009 IP
  4. soopoot

soopoot Member

Best Answers:
    soopoot, Nov 26, 2009 IP
    wwe_fan9417 likes this.
  5. mcmatterson

mcmatterson Peon

Best Answers:
    Google says,

"If I spammed comment fields of third party sites, what should I do?

If you used this approach in the past and you want to solve this issue, you should have a look at your incoming links in Webmaster Tools. To do so, go to the Your site on the web section and click on Links to your site. If you see suspicious links coming from blogs or other platforms allowing comments, you should check these URLs. If you see a spammy link you created, try to delete it, else contact the webmaster to ask to remove the link"

this will take some people a very long time to do- ha

mcmatterson, Nov 26, 2009 IP
  6. peepin2me

peepin2me Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Yeh. Spam the web with your competitors links I say!

peepin2me, Nov 26, 2009 IP
  7. jBaRz

jBaRz Peon

Best Answers:
    Comment Spamming is a huge turn-off for google..
    If your going to comment blogs , Do It minimally and do it right :)

jBaRz, Nov 26, 2009 IP
  8. tattoos

tattoos Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Or if you "believe" your site has been penalized. (penalties are not always obvious) But yes, that's what it "implies".
    They are probably hoping spammers are going to voluntarily hand themselves in and save Google some work ;)

lol, did anyone notice all the comments in this thread?

Just because someone writes something on a forum does not mean they know what their talking about :D

Interesting to note, Google responded with a clarification that basically says you can comment spam all you want provided your site comply s to the Google webmaster guidelines. :rolleyes:

"petrolini said...

Hey guys,

we are really happy that you liked our blog post

We noticed from your comments that a couple of concerns are rising. So we would like to clarify a few things.

Linking is only one of the many factors involved in the ranking process. If you are basing all of your efforts on creating unnatural backlinks and doing other techniques that are against our Webmaster Guidelines, that would probably affect your ranking.

Considering what we said above, it's useless to think of harming your competitor's ranking by spamming comments with their name, since it usually won't affect their ranking if their sites are complying with Google Webmaster Guidelines.

Thanks again,
    Paolo Petrolini & Adel Saoud
    "

:D
    Spot on.

Cheers
    James

tattoos, Nov 26, 2009 IP
  9. Mr. Gill

Mr. Gill Active Member

Best Answers:
    Backlinks from commenting never worked.
    Now stop asking and distributing those dofollow blog links people.

Mr. Gill, Nov 26, 2009 IP
  10. selvam_cbe

selvam_cbe Peon

Best Answers:
    In soon google may warn that about forum signature backlinks. Google guidelines about comment backlinks in bit fishy. First google want clean them up with their blog comments in the above post. Most of comments from this post anchor test with keywords. (Even its useless)

Before to advise someone else, google must clean themselves and their spammy comments.

selvam_cbe, Nov 26, 2009 IP
  11. zingo

zingo Peon

Best Answers:
    What in the hell does this mean? So how can they tell if they are "complying with Google Webmaster Guidelines" if someone is spamming the blog comments? They just said that comment spamming does not comply with Google guidelines, what a mindfu*k ....

Someone please explain.

Yep this will work for sure, No Links = no one will ever find your site to begin with. If they cannot find your site, how would they ever know it was an "appealing site" and give you links to start with? I think Goog wants you to live in fantasy land.

FACT: This will never work.

Last edited: Nov 26, 2009
    zingo, Nov 26, 2009 IP
    wwe_fan9417 likes this.
  12. incomesinternational.com

incomesinternational.com Peon

Best Answers:
    Actually it's very possible. The Google Maps image of my house has me and my wife in our driveway. I tried to get it removed but no one seems to give a shit that it's infringing my rights to privacy so the image is still there.

13. Oranges

Oranges Active Member

Best Answers:
    Really? Wanna see Few Affiliates sites, got ranked in top five and few Goarticles.com's articles? Making $$$$, with just some smart dofollow blog commenting, Angela & Paul's Links and a bit link wheel stuff? you'll be amazed how manipulating it can be.

Back to the point, i think its just a sheer propaganda to scare webmasters and clean google's mess which they created on their own.

Last edited: Nov 26, 2009
    Oranges, Nov 26, 2009 IP
  14. sultanofseo

sultanofseo Notable Member

Best Answers:
    that doesn't sound right to me. discounting those links is one thing and penalizing the sites where the links point to is quite another. if that ever heppens, would not that be so easy to destroy the competition? what would prevent a dishonest competitor to blast out thousands of comment spam using the URL for their competitor? i think search engines will learn to devalue those links but penalizing a site for links on a 3rd party site dont make any sense

sultanofseo, Nov 26, 2009 IP
  15. lindamood1

lindamood1 Active Member

Best Answers:
    related comment post will help.

lindamood1, Nov 26, 2009 IP
  16. robjones

robjones Notable Member

Best Answers:
    It isn't hard to figure out that if Askimet can recognize junk blog comments (and they do it very well), so can Google. People can call it a scare tactic if they want, but G has slapped tough penalties on sites in the past and doesnt seem to mind doing it. It is after all their product, not a public utility... and we are users, not owners. They don't need permission or approval.

If this ends up devaluing the practice of shotgunning comments that are valueless to the blog owner already, good.

robjones, Nov 26, 2009 IP
    Mia likes this.
  17. milands33

milands33 Peon

Best Answers:
    it builds backlinks relevant to your keywords! I'd better go to on-page optimization now.

milands33, Nov 26, 2009 IP
  18. manny07

manny07 Peon

Best Answers:
    This is so true, even it is a useful comment and the comment is related to the article sometimes they declare it as a spam.:(

manny07, Nov 26, 2009 IP
  19. cipals15

cipals15 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Comment has good and bad side.

The bad side is when people supply irrelevant comments while supplying a link to irrelevant webpages. That's what google is fighting now.

cipals15, Nov 26, 2009 IP
  20. mdvasanth86

mdvasanth86 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    This a great news for everyone.

There are people who post comments on my video blog ( just videos , no text )

- Wonderful post. I love your writing style.

WTF??

mdvasanth86, Nov 26, 2009 IP