1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

GAF Writers is a Joke.

Discussion in 'Copywriting' started by wounded1987, Nov 23, 2009.

I post a project on GAF, get some intrest from low rated providers, nothing prooving their work is original, i say ok maybe high rated providers that have good feedback are more reliable. then i get 2 providers with 50-100 feedbacks which is decent, they charge $1 per 100 words, i say it's low but if they are good why not.

then i go to their employment section to see the feedbacks where THEY HIRE OTHERS. and what i see? "need writer $1 for 300 words!"

I pay him $1 per 100 words and he hires others for much less then that.

ok now can anyone on earth tell me where can i get a decent writer?
    a decent COMPANY that doesn't outsource writers in that horrible fashion!

HELP!

wounded1987, Nov 23, 2009 IP
  2. Suki

Suki Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    GAF is full of such providers, sad to say. While DP is also crawling with cheap incompetent writers, I believe most of them do their work themselves instead of outsourcing it farther.

However, further outsourcing is no guarantee that you will get sub-standard articles. I'll tell you my story, and I hope that gives you an insight into the outsourcing world.

I started work as a content writer in India - my home country. I had no clue what rates were like, and I was paid Rs 60 - about $1.25-$1.5 - per 500 word article. Of course, our provider gave us "research" from the Net or PLR articles, but she hired(hires) *only* English Honours students from India's best universities. She won't give work - even with those abysmal rates - to people who:
    1. Are not from an English Literature background
    2. Make typos or grammatical mistakes
    3. Get caught on Copyscape
    I like to call her the "Content Trainer" for our universities.
    Working under this woman, we all got whipped into shape in a couple of months. No one seems to last long with her, but while they're there, the content is quality.

I know that people like to see their articles being worked on by one, dedicated professional. I provide that service myself, albeit for $2 per 100 words. So do many other people.
    Still, I'd like to say that outsourced articles (where the actual writers get paid a pittance) may not end up being a waste of your money.

Suki, Nov 23, 2009 IP
  3. gvannorman

gvannorman Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I have to agree with Suki. I have looked at GAF and decided not to try and bid on projects there. Mainly because there are buyers who are just looking to hire the best writer for the worst rate.

If you want quality then paying $0.015 or $0.02 is not that high of rate.

gvannorman, Nov 23, 2009 IP
  4. bumba1988

bumba1988 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Well, you can find a lot of good writers from Digital Point Forum itself. Just post your job in the content creation section and make the instructions clear. You should not have trouble to find decent writers with rates like 1$ per 100 words.

I am a writer myself and that is why I am in touch with an article writing company. But, I cannot post their contact details here in a thread. If you are interested to know about them, please shoot me a PM. I will send you the details. I hope it was helpful.

bumba1988, Nov 23, 2009 IP
  5. wounded1987

wounded1987 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    wounded1987, Nov 23, 2009 IP
  6. gvannorman

Best Answers:
    I personally do not outsource mainly because I want to be able to control the quality that it is put out by my name.

7. bzgroup

bzgroup Peon

Best Answers:
    who are the writers? i need some business writers!

bzgroup, Nov 23, 2009 IP
  8. gvannorman

Best Answers:
    There are all kinds of writers here myself included. Just make sure that you get what your looking for. Check out my signature for my link.

9. flaco

flaco Peon

Best Answers:
    I do all the work myself. Sadly, that does lead to some longer wait times for some of my clients. :(

flaco, Nov 23, 2009 IP
  10. sans300

sans300 Peon

Best Answers:
    Need articles written. I can do it!

sans300, Nov 24, 2009 IP
  11. bumba1988

bumba1988 Active Member

Best Answers:
    You better DO NOT write any post without proper information. The thread you pointed out was not created by me and nowhere near related to your thread.

You asked for a writing service that is what I believe. I gave you a mail id to contact with them. I am in touch with them and I liked what they write. Additionally, I gave you the mail id to get in touch with them not to point out to particular threads. I wanted to send the mail id through a PM as I did not want to advertise contact details here. But, you took it and published a post here in this thread & this is not really something ethical.

I still stick to what I said : The articles are really good as far as I have seen. I did not see any client to lodge a complaint either. I do not know what you really want. But, I will prefer you not to disgrace other writers, that is a crime. This forum is for people who need professional help, not to disgrace other users. It's UNETHICAL and ILLEGAL to post links from other websites without any confirmation. Can you prove what you said? If not, IT IS A PUNISHABLE OFFENSE. You better keep that in mind.

bumba1988, Nov 24, 2009 IP
  12. zaggernaut

zaggernaut Active Member

Best Answers:
    Whoooo:eek: Calm down guys!

Wounded1987 is only trying to ascertain that the work he/she forwards to a writer doesn;t get tossed around further.

TBH I have also been contacted by you Wounded, and I could very well see your concern about further outsourcing.

As a content provider, lemme tell something really useful. You CANNOT judge the quality of writing here ( or anywhere forum/site) without actually committing to a sample project. The ratings, Itraders, previous feedback, GAF score etc. they are not definitive means of quality certification, not at least in content creation area.

Also, never make the mistake of thinking that 'cheap' is always bad. And vice-versa.Remember, £5.60/hour is minimum wages in UK, but is a hefty hourly pay for an Indian worker.

Go and try a writer. Hopefully you'll make a long-lasting relationship.

zaggernaut, Nov 24, 2009 IP
  13. bumba1988

bumba1988 Active Member

Best Answers:
    I understand what you say and I agree with what you believe an ideal content writer should be like. I am just angry with the fact that wounded just misused the mail id I gave him or her. I never wanted any other thread or contact details to be publicized here. That is why I asked for a PM to send the contact details. I know the person whom I suggested and I am 100% sure of the quality of writing. It is not about me but more about the person concerned. Posting a thread which is no where related to the person I mentioned, is obviously like disgracing the reputation of that person.

I hope you understand the source of my anger or outburst.

bumba1988, Nov 24, 2009 IP
  14. zaggernaut

zaggernaut Active Member

Best Answers:
    Very true!

zaggernaut, Nov 24, 2009 IP
  15. kongkalingkong

kongkalingkong Peon

Best Answers:
    why you don't grab some PLR articles and rewrite them quickly in first and last paragraph and you're done, even you can using some software to do that..

kongkalingkong, Nov 24, 2009 IP
  16. gvannorman

Best Answers:
    This practice is not considered quality in the eyes of most writers. If you want articles re-written look for at least 80%-90% original. Re-writing 2 paragraphs will not give you what you desire.

gvannorman, Nov 24, 2009 IP
  17. kb1987

kb1987 Peon

Best Answers:
    Hi,

I can vouch for the fact that GAF is full of people who have no idea of how to write articles. They just accept the job that is to be done and outsource it to others.

Regards

kb1987, Nov 24, 2009 IP
  18. the writer

the writer Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Okay, I'll be the first to ask the question; what is GAF?

the writer, Nov 24, 2009 IP
  19. gvannorman

Best Answers:
    GAF is a freelance website (http://getafreelancer.com) mostly writers from countries like India, Pakistan and other non English speaking countries.

Usually buyers can get article writers for a fraction of what the cost should be. But, the quality usually is suspect also.

Not really worth my time to bid on projects because most buyers do not like to pay my rates.

gvannorman, Nov 24, 2009 IP
  20. bumba1988

bumba1988 Active Member

Best Answers:
    I almost agree with you but the quality is not always that bad either. You know, what you say about the rates is something, I accept. But, I have been bidding in some of the projects there previously and have seen that the offers are as low as it can be (I saw one giving 1$ for 500 words).

Additionally, people from the countries you mentioned are not always that bad in writing. Some lack the knowledge but there are experienced people too.

bumba1988, Nov 25, 2009 IP