1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

$58.10 This Month So Far

Discussion in 'AdSense' started by Webwaster, Nov 18, 2009.

This month so far (November 18th)

I made $26.85 in adsense

I also made $31.25 in Amazon sales so far this month (A Playstation 3 and a sound system were bought)

About 3 sites / 60,000 monthly impressions total on the average

Webwaster, Nov 18, 2009 IP
  2. live-cms_com

live-cms_com Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    $0.50 CPM is low, try improving your ad placement.

live-cms_com, Nov 18, 2009 IP
  3. Webwaster

Webwaster Peon

Best Answers:
    I could make my CTR 7%, if I wanted to. But layouts that generate that kind of CTR are usually ugly and generally not pleasing to the eye. They also make it hard to find the information posted on my website, which is why I build my websites.

But I don't want to increase my CTR. I want to deliver quality content to the visitors of my sites, that's the primary goal.

So, when I say this, I mean I have made $50+ a month AND delivered great content to visitors of my sites. Now, how many people can say that?

4. Jontish

Jontish Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    That's great. Now do the job 10x and you're rich :D

Jontish, Nov 18, 2009 IP
  5. The Defender

The Defender Peon

Best Answers:
    Nice, it's definitely a good thing that you care about the information on your site. There are too many sites that are junking-up the web.

The Defender, Nov 18, 2009 IP
  6. Webwaster

Webwaster Peon

Best Answers:
    Well, I take this job pretty seriously. I am not going to do just 10x of the job. I am going to do 100x of the job... But I don't care about "getting rich quick", that's just pointless. Why not contribute good content to the Internet? There is already a lot of junk there, why add more logs to the fire?

If you try to make someones life better, give them answers to questions they ask... show it to them on a silver plate, people will notice that you care, and will naturally share your site and give you friend referrals.

As for making money from it, it's just a side-effect.

7. craig105

craig105 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I wish you good luck all it takes is time and dedication and a lot of luck! :)

craig105, Nov 18, 2009 IP
  8. live-cms_com

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    If you had more prominent ads you could deliver great content and make lots more money, only detracting a little from the user experience.

Here's my stats so far today with only a single ad unit per page -
    706 impressions, 63 clicks (8.92% CTR), $32.72 total ($46.34 CPM)

Quite good considering it's just one ad unit. I too try to create great content, but I also like to make good money from it.

9. Webwaster

Webwaster Peon

Best Answers:
    live-cms_com, I don't doubt your high CTRs and your great profitability, however... we have different goals.

only detracting a little from the user experience is not true, and you cannot prove it to me because I have done my research.

This doesn't just depend on ad position, it depends on the niche and advertiser competition for your niche. I am not going to write about things I don't know anything about just because the ads on that subject are more profitable.

No matter how much you optimize, the ads are clicked because

1) people's vision is distracted by making ads more prominent than the content of the website
    2) people don't care about reading content on your website
    3) the ad's titles are more interesting than content titles seen on the webpage they are displayed on.

when you optimize your adsense CTR, you must also bastardize your website content in one way or another, because what you essentially are doing is balancing the trade off between the webpage space resources. a 8% CTR is seen on websites that put effort into making the ads more visible than the actual content. And that is not something I am interested in doing. So, you and I have different goals here...

Last edited: Nov 18, 2009
  10. TheVccMatey

TheVccMatey Peon

Best Answers:
    Congrats! This month Adsense was kinda low. I focused on affiliate marking this month.

Anyway, I agree with you completely. Providing content to the visitors are the best way to get more traffic :D

TheVccMatey, Nov 18, 2009 IP
  11. live-cms_com

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    If you have more prominent ads then you'll earn more money and be able to dedicate more time to the websites instead of working, win/win? More money for you and more good content for the visitors.

12. cipals15

cipals15 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Double that. That's my adsense earnings. Anyway, its good to follow your own ideals. That's fine. But do you have a goal with respect to the presence of your website on the internet?

cipals15, Nov 18, 2009 IP
  13. linkers

linkers Peon

Best Answers:
    Well congratulation you made some money.

linkers, Nov 18, 2009 IP
  14. Remotay

Remotay Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    A LOT of sites have great content / layouts and make more than this.

Remotay, Nov 18, 2009 IP
  15. ContentSpooling

ContentSpooling Peon

Best Answers:
    How much daily traffic of your site has to generate an adsense income like that? Try to get more traffic as it is the one of the most important part in adsense.

ContentSpooling, Nov 18, 2009 IP
  16. KiDkillER

KiDkillER Peon

Best Answers:
    My Adsense earning is about $90+ per month right now, not much but it's still money. I'm building another blog right now, if it generates good earning from Adsense, I'll build another similar blog.

Fyi, I've spent some money outsourcing the content though, it's a long term business. :)

KiDkillER, Nov 18, 2009 IP
  17. Rahulbuzz

Rahulbuzz Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Dude you wrote 350 articles and after a long time you are earning this much money. This shows newbie blogger takes to much time. But i am sure you will build better earning blog in less time now.

Rahulbuzz, Nov 18, 2009 IP
  18. sultanofseo

sultanofseo Notable Member

Best Answers:
    thats great to hear. while its good to offer content to the visitors, you also have to think whether your site gets any repeat visitors or just one time passer by. if repeat visitors then focus on site quality. if one time visitors, then capitalize on your site as much as you can

sultanofseo, Nov 18, 2009 IP
  19. Webwaster

Webwaster Peon

Best Answers:
    My goal is to make an unlimited amount of money, but my other goal is to make at least enough so I can continue doing things I love doing.

20. Webwaster

Webwaster Peon

Best Answers:
    Well i don't think about trying to do anything to "generate traffic". If I write about important things people want to learn about, traffic should be the least of my worries!