1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

TTZMedia - Extrememly poor CTR 250,000 views only 8 clicks

Discussion in 'Pay Per Click Advertising' started by Hendrickson, Oct 29, 2009.

Anyone here with TTZMedia? John Chows PPC network? Well just posting to let users know that John has been fiddling with the click detection code again I think. Click rates are at an all time shocker!

Since about the 22th I have seen things really go wrong with TTZMedia. Chck it out 250,000 ad impressions and only 8 clicks....can you image it. Oh where's the proof?!. Here attached below. I've removed TTZMedia because of this.

Anyone else with TTZMedia experienced something similar?

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

Hendrickson, Oct 29, 2009 IP
  2. timeless1983

timeless1983 Guest

Best Answers:
    John is a smart person. But that kinda seems ridiculous and hard to believe.

timeless1983, Oct 29, 2009 IP
  3. Hendrickson

Hendrickson Active Member

Best Answers:
    Well believe it, my last days stats are even worse, only $.50 cents made from over 200,000 advert views. Click rate of what .000001% Nobody else here with TTZMedia ??

Hendrickson, Oct 30, 2009 IP
  4. bhaswara

bhaswara Peon

Best Answers:
    same here. Previously i got agout $10 a day. Now only $1-2/day with same impression.

bhaswara, Nov 1, 2009 IP
  5. Hendrickson

Best Answers:
    Ok something is really up. Either John is closing TTZMedia or he is just ignoring the fact none of our clicks are registering anymore but his are. And he is cashing in on that.

I put the ads back up a few days ago and the same thing only worse. Almost 250,000 ad views and 0 clicks for the 4th. Nothing made....John isn't answering any of my emails. Seems TTZ Media has no support?

I can't believe he is letting his ad network fall to bits like this.

Hendrickson, Nov 5, 2009 IP
  6. ishan001

ishan001 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Strange! Can't it be some problem with stats!

ishan001, Nov 5, 2009 IP
  7. Hendrickson

Best Answers:
    John has finally (2 weeks later) placed a notice in the admin cp of ttzmedia there is an issue with the ad server...shocking to say the lesat. takes he about 2 weeks to see there is an issue. Must have been user side only.

Hendrickson, Nov 8, 2009 IP
  8. MaverickMoney

MaverickMoney Active Member

Best Answers:
    I thought it was just my site not getting anymore clicks. I removed one of my ads just to test things out. Hopefully they'll get this fixed soon. I'm barely earning a single click per day when I was previously getting 10-20.

MaverickMoney, Nov 8, 2009 IP
  9. webmaster1189

webmaster1189 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    what ttzmedia lol??there are plenty of good networks.why stuck with this scam network.i m sure you need to try other networks

webmaster1189, Nov 9, 2009 IP
  10. Hendrickson

Best Answers:
    tribalmedia and the other big sites have never even accepted my sites. They don't seem to like tech or gaming sites. TTZ was good for tech sites. Now its completely flopped :(

I hope John gets it sorted out soon. He really need to hire someone to fix and not doing it himself. I sure his tweaks landed the site in this mess.

Hendrickson, Nov 9, 2009 IP
  11. Dean_Saliba

Dean_Saliba Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I think calling the site a scam is a bit harsh, if my memory is right TTZ Media has been around a few years and a lot of big bloggers use it.

Dean_Saliba, Nov 9, 2009 IP
  12. MaverickMoney

Best Answers:
    Anyone getting any updates? I haven't gotten an update since 11-4 (over a week ago).

MaverickMoney, Nov 11, 2009 IP
  13. Hendrickson

Best Answers:
    No John chow is not answering emails again. I think this is his way maybe of killing off the network. I hope he will pay us. I'm starting to doubt this now.

Hendrickson, Nov 13, 2009 IP
  14. MaverickMoney

Best Answers:
    I probably don't have as much as you for payments, but he should still make some sort of update, rather than making posts on his blog.

MaverickMoney, Nov 13, 2009 IP
  15. Dean_Saliba

Dean_Saliba Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Does he run the network personally these days or has he got a team in to do the work for him?

Dean_Saliba, Nov 14, 2009 IP
  16. MatthewN

MatthewN Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Same problem here. Earnings dropped big time. I'd be fine with it if an email was sent out right away saying they had a problem, but due to lack of information except for a non dated 10 - 15 word message saying they are working on it I probably wont be going back.

There's actually a script that you can buy for $30 that allows you to display shopping.com ads on your site using the API 3 from shopping.com. I've tested and CTR is about triple of TTZ and if you enter a PID it actually displays the correct product unlike TTZ which never could get product matching right. Edit: TTZ started off with good product matching I should add... it just got really bad at the end showing stuff like office printers when the content is about mobile phones.

Although TTZ paid out more per click (25 cents) vs 15 cents for Shopping.com (my average), CTR is triple, so it works out quite well.

The script can be found here... http://www.e2interactive.com/api3/ and takes an hour or 2 to integrate with wordpress. I set it up with a custom field, so if a product I mentioned had a PID set in a custom field, the shopping.com ads would show and if not a Chitika mega unit shows.

MatthewN, Nov 17, 2009 IP
  17. MaverickMoney

Best Answers:
    Another site someone could use which pretty much uses the same style of advertising is http://www.justrelevant.com. My friend is using and is getting in upwards of $0.40 per click. The only downside is that you need to have 200,000 pageviews a month to apply.

I applied a couple days ago and am still waiting for a response.

If I don't get an update within a week from TTZ I'm going to switch to something else, anything else. I recommend everyone else to do the same. You could always post comments on his blog and see what's up johnchow.com

MaverickMoney, Nov 17, 2009 IP
  18. MatthewN

MatthewN Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Good luck with getting a response from justrelevant.com. :) If their sales can't be bothered speaking with you then perhaps it's a good sign that their support is also crap.

MatthewN, Nov 17, 2009 IP
  19. MaverickMoney

Best Answers:
    Well my site didn't necessarily fit the specifications and I applied late Sunday night, so I'm not really expecting a response right away, if at all.

MaverickMoney, Nov 17, 2009 IP
  20. spiritofseo

spiritofseo Peon

Best Answers:
    wow that's a shockingly poor CTR!!

And maverick money, did you really make $1500 in 2 weeks? Not bad...

spiritofseo, Nov 17, 2009 IP