1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Wordpress acting slow

Discussion in 'WordPress' started by capebretoner, Nov 16, 2009.

I have 5 wordpress blogs installed on a shared account at Hostgator, and very recently they have been slowly down dramatically.

I am having the same problem with the 15 or so that I have installed on a Reseller account at hostgator.

The only plugins that I have installed are SuperCache and All-in-one SEO.

Is there anyone else having this problem? Is it a problem with the host or product? Would I have the same problem with Drupal?

I know that this is not a lot of information, but server admin is not my strong point so if you have questions I should ask to the host please let me know.

Thanks,

JM

capebretoner, Nov 16, 2009 IP
  2. Sweely

Sweely Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I think you should ask the host. If you already know that your blogs were running fast a few weeks ago, and that they've started to run slow lately... then ask the host, they may know something. I don't use hostgator - so no - I haven't experienced something like this.

Sweely, Nov 16, 2009 IP
  3. theapparatus

theapparatus Peon

Best Answers:
    Afraid it's not. Let's start off with a link to at least one of your sites please.

Please remember that some sites have banned the use of the All in One SEO plugin just for this reason. Some hosters feel that this plugin slows things down for everybody.

Anything in the webserver's error logs? Please check for us.

theapparatus, Nov 16, 2009 IP
  4. capebretoner

capebretoner Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I'll have to wait till tonight to check the logs, but one site in question is www.bluenoser.net and another is squared-breakers.info

Maybe they are only slow for me.....

capebretoner, Nov 16, 2009 IP
  5. theapparatus

theapparatus Peon

Best Answers:
    http://www.bluenoser.net/ Comes up fine for me. Supercache is not loading on this blog although.

http://squared-breakers.info is very long to load. Supercache is loading, although it's saying that it's taking a long time to generate in the first place:

<!-- Dynamic page generated in 83.003 seconds. -->
    <!-- Cached page generated by WP-Super-Cache on 2009-11-16 20:02:04 -->
    <!-- super cache -->
    Code (markup):
    Can you please add in the code found in this post so we can get a check of the number of queries that are occurring?

http://lastblogger.com/archives/339

theapparatus, Nov 16, 2009 IP