1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Dare I ask about your EPN EPC now QCP has gone live?

Discussion in 'Commission Junction' started by markowe, Oct 6, 2009.

1. internetmarketingiq

internetmarketingiq Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    For every person who says they are doing better I seem to be seeing 10 that are doing worse. I frequent a lot of Forums and this seems to be the trend. I don't do anything new with eBay. Just leave what's up ... up until I have time to change them out.

internetmarketingiq, Nov 7, 2009 IP
  2. Pixelrage

Pixelrage Peon

Best Answers:
    I think the people who had the "100 sites @ $1/day" are the ones getting hit the hardest. That's how I started out - mass producing sites that barely made anything. I then got banned, got back in and was told to delete all of the underperforming sites. Now I only have 5-6 sites that I put effort into. However, my EPC is still dangerously low at 0.03.

Pixelrage, Nov 11, 2009 IP
  3. Dreamerr

Dreamerr Peon

Best Answers:
    How did you get back in markn26?
    I also had a bunch of small sites (around 50) and got banned - they said it was for cookie stuffing but I wasn't.

Dreamerr, Nov 11, 2009 IP
  4. Pixelrage

Pixelrage Peon

Best Answers:
    I wrote them a letter of desperation and urged them to reconsider letting me in. This was after that huge round of bannings they did in 2008. Luckily, they looked at my sites and gave me another chance. Supposedly it has become much harder to get this to happen to you in the present day.

Pixelrage, Nov 11, 2009 IP
  5. markowe

markowe Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I dunno, it's just crazy this whole thing, my EPC has been pretty feeble so far under QCP (though I must admit, actual sales haven't been spectacular either, something to do with me losing the will to invest in my sites, perhaps?), barely $0.05, with some campaigns dragging along the bottom at $0.01. Then suddenly, seemingly on the strength of one big sale ($7200, wish those happened more often) my EPC leaps to $0.25 then $0.35 then $0.60!! You can imagine that does wonders for my earnings, but at the same time I really don't like it - just more wild inconsistency, that I thought QCP was supposed to eliminate. I am just waiting for the mail from EPN - we want to see your logs, we are banning you for invalid clicks, bla bla bla... There are people on the EPN forum right now complaining of being banned with $20,000 owed in commissions just because they couldn't produce log files when requested (?!) You can't seem to win under QCP, even when you are earning...

markowe, Nov 15, 2009 IP
  6. tstewart

tstewart Peon

Best Answers:
    Hey dude

What is EPN, EPC, QCP ? Please describe thank in advace

tstewart, Nov 16, 2009 IP
  7. markowe

Best Answers:
    EPN - "A once-popular, good-paying affiliate network, now gone down the pan" (or, sometimes, "eBay Partner Network).
    EPC - "A performance statistic, veiled in mystery, on which all of our livelihoods now depend" (also, "Earnings Per Click", but that's a silly name).
    QCP - "The arcane system used to calculate EPC, known only to practitioners of the Dark Arts (EPN)" - also "Quality Click Pricing" (Google it, I'm sure you'll come across the odd mention of it).

markowe, Nov 16, 2009 IP
    Pixelrage likes this.
  8. jdmkidd

jdmkidd Peon

Best Answers:
    stuck at $0.15 not sure how to get it up...

jdmkidd, Nov 17, 2009 IP
  9. DatingGold Colin

DatingGold Colin Peon

Best Answers:
    Last month=earnings down close to 90%

This Month=earning up close to 50%

(Compared to previous payout structure)

So who knows!! I think when its all said and done, I'll probably make the same or possibly a little more under this system.

DatingGold Colin, Nov 17, 2009 IP
  10. markowe

Best Answers:
    Ahhh, the age-old problem, only made worse by QCP ;)

markowe, Nov 18, 2009 IP
  11. Pixelrage

Pixelrage Peon

Best Answers:
    I'd do just about anything for 0.15...I've been stuck at 0.03 all month.

Pixelrage, Nov 18, 2009 IP
  12. TenPercenter

TenPercenter Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    .06, before and after QCP.

TenPercenter, Nov 24, 2009 IP
  13. Pixelrage

Pixelrage Peon

Best Answers:
    I'm now pushing 0.01's. Check out my newest blog post if interested.

Pixelrage, Nov 25, 2009 IP
  14. markowe

Best Answers:
    Really bizarre, mine has also plummeted to almost 0, after a massive leap earlier in the month on the back of one large sale. On the other hand, actual sales are pretty flakey too now. So I'm wondering if the difference between "real" commissions and EPC earnings is not that great after all, at least in my case where traffic is of a reasonable quality, just not very high-ticket... Blah, sick of racking my brains over it anyway, I'm planning to leave my account pretty much to rot - if it earns any, so be it, if they ban me I won't lose any sleep. I'd rather be focusing on new revenue sources that give me a measurable return on investment...

markowe, Nov 25, 2009 IP
  15. Pixelrage

Pixelrage Peon

Best Answers:
    It looks like we're not alone, there's a whole 0.00 club on the ePN forums talking about this. Either ePN is having issues which they haven't mentioned, or some other big change has just happened. All I know is that my results are tanking and it's not looking very good.

Pixelrage, Nov 25, 2009 IP
  16. donluttrull

donluttrull Peon

Best Answers:
    I have days of $0.00 then days of $0.01 then now $0.02. When it first launched I was getting around $0.16 a click BUT they stopped that real quick lol. I think they are still working things out and I hope they end up making it up to the affiliates generating MUCH MORE revenue compared to what they are actually paying us.

For instance one campaign generated over $400+ winning revenue but I got about 1/4 of it. Another one generated $200+ winning revenue and I received under $30 for it. I don't see how any of it makes sense BUT hope they get to fixing things sooner than later before they lose too many of us.

donluttrull, Nov 27, 2009 IP
  17. geomark

geomark Peon

Best Answers:
    You guys are talking about this as if it is anything but a scam by epn. Whatever, maybe you'll wake up eventually.

geomark, Nov 28, 2009 IP
  18. Pixelrage

Pixelrage Peon

Best Answers:
    It is a scam. Unfortunately I relied on it for too many years and it generates most of my at home income. I'm starting other ventures right now to position myself away from EPN already.

Pixelrage, Nov 30, 2009 IP
  19. geomark

geomark Peon

Best Answers:
    Yeah, I know a lot of people grew to depend on it. I guess I'm fortunate that it was never more than about 20% of my online income so I didn't come to depend on it, although I had some great ideas for new store fronts that I was starting to ramp up when this QPC scam hit so I was pretty mad.

geomark, Nov 30, 2009 IP
  20. tweetmyrss

tweetmyrss Peon

Best Answers:
    Oh man... Now keep in mind that I am new to EPN.. My first week I was getting .14 per click. So as most of us would do I duplicated, then tripled my efforts only to go down drastically each day. Now just a week and a half after my excitement peaked at .14 I am now at .00 and avg. .01 epc ... and Iam now expecting to get the suspension letter any day now, as a lot of others have and are receiving.

It just seems wrong. I spend hours upon hours on keyword research... as most of us do. I am not just throwing crap out there. It's frickin' crazy. I changed nothing... just duplicated.

EPN was probably taken over by freaking left wing nut cases, just like everything else nowadays, where the average person making decent money is looked down upon. EPN has become the Odrama administration duplicated.

It's all about control and total over reach of power. Plus they never have paid me my $34.21 that I worked my ass off for. Bet I make less than half a cent per hour on this crap.

Needless to say I am freakin' pissed off more that they just slammed all those good people out there that were making a living at this. I read numerous pleas where publishers were going above and beyond to do it right, and then wrote explaining everything only to get suspended.

It's BS... and looks like something that would never happen in America. What left wing organization would listen to a complaint? They are all in bed togeter.

If I send a support ticket along with the other thousands of requests they will never work it.

Screw EPN..

tweetmyrss, Dec 29, 2009 IP