1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

18.tv in German

Discussion in 'Appraisals' started by htmlindex, Nov 13, 2009.

Just picked up Achtzehn.tv which means "18" in German, which I am very happy with. Haven't registered a .tv name in ages! I think this could be a great name for an adult site as well as other stuff too. I noticed that the owners of the English version "Eighteen.tv" has developed theirs into an adult site.

The name sold back in 2008 http://www.namepros.com/tv-marketplace/491578-lots-of-tv-names.html
    Then was resold on Sedo again http://www.namepros.com/tv-marketplace/532208-achtzehn-tv-at-sedo-auction.html

Have no idea why the past owner dropped it but I definitely won't be dropping this one :)

I also picked up a few other numbers in other languages also:
    Cinque.tv - the number "5" in Italian (Italy also has a TV Channel number 5)
    Oito.tv - the number "8" in Portuguese

htmlindex, Nov 13, 2009 IP
  2. xhanch

xhanch Member

Best Answers:
    It may be good in German. But that makes the target market is so limited and the population of Germans is not too great.
    I prefer chinese, indian and indonesian name since their populations is so hugeee....

xhanch, Nov 13, 2009 IP
  3. htmlindex

htmlindex Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    That is true, but consider the wealth of Germany & the internet useage of the population & how strong the .de extention is & the big German domain sales compared to the other 3 countries mentioned. How many Indonesian domains have sold? How big have the .in domains sold for as well as the Chinese IDNs?

Sure, China & India will be big powerhouses down the track but at this stage, how wealthy are the other countries & how many people in China & India don't use a computer compared to Germany?

htmlindex, Nov 14, 2009 IP
  4. chandan123

chandan123 Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    nice drop pick up :) i guess currently its high $xx

btw at what time .tv drops :p ?

chandan123, Nov 14, 2009 IP
  5. p.hanto.me

p.hanto.me Peon

Best Answers:
    I would say low $xxx, but you better develop it into an adult tube site (teen niche, related to "18" age) and it will worth a lot more as it has lot of potential.

p.hanto.me, Nov 14, 2009 IP
  6. htmlindex

htmlindex Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Not sure exactly when a .tv name drops as I've never tried to pick up any names just after they drop but I do know that some big .tv investors on other forums do have software to pick up the really good ones

htmlindex, Nov 14, 2009 IP