1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

HostGator VPS Hosting

Discussion in 'Web Hosting' started by T1pt2p, Oct 30, 2009.

Get Started with HostGator VPS Hosting Today!

HostGator's Linux VPS Hosting is an ideal bridge between shared hosting and dedicated servers. VPS plans can be completely customized to match your specific hosting needs and upgraded anytime as your site grows. It's a great way to start small but still have the ability to scale up very quickly.

With full root access, you're able to install advanced software and completely customize virtually anything as if your VPS were a dedicated server without the cost of one. For easy administration, cPanel is available.

http://www.hostgator.com/vps-hosting/

T1pt2p, Oct 30, 2009 IP
  2. dynashox

dynashox Premium Member Staff

Best Answers:
    Good move by Hostgator especially to their current customers who decide to go with others hosting company that provide a VPS plan.

Just hope they will provide a coupon code to use when buying that VPS.

- Dynashox -

dynashox, Oct 31, 2009 IP
  3. micksss

micksss Notable Member

Best Answers:
    VPS is not available right now but once it is I'm sure all of there coupon codes will also apply to VPS.

micksss, Oct 31, 2009 IP
  4. Bohra

Bohra Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    yea doesnt seem to be available to public

Bohra, Oct 31, 2009 IP
  5. micksss

micksss Notable Member

Best Answers:
    It was only available to the first 200 signups as a soft launch and orders can be
    placed again in a month or
    so.

micksss, Oct 31, 2009 IP
  6. Bohra

Bohra Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Prices seem to be decent i guess its gonna be a good service thats if prices remain the same

Bohra, Oct 31, 2009 IP
  7. bryon123

bryon123 Peon

Best Answers:
    Hi!
    They have virtuozzo and SLM to help manage the nodes. This means the nodes are more stable than..say..a openvz node that uses UBC to manage resources.

It should be interesting to see how they do in this market(s).

Bryon

bryon123, Nov 1, 2009 IP
  8. GatorJay

GatorJay Peon

Best Answers:
    We filled up really quickly on the VPS soft launch, we've been working some hard 60 hour+ weeks getting ready for this launch. Hopefully next month will be the final launch and im sure at that time I can whip up a special coupon for DP members. :)

As far as I know, all of our normal 20% off and 9.94 off coupons will apply, but that can change before launch.

GatorJay, Nov 3, 2009 IP
    ~kev~ likes this.
  9. dynashox

dynashox Premium Member Staff

Best Answers:
    It's nice to have a Hostgator representative here and really looking forward for a special coupon for DP members.

I just wonder whether Hostgator will provide more options for customers to choose from when ordering the VPS plan like an option to choose different control panel, DirectAdmin maybe or an option to add extra RAM, bandwidth, etc. when the VPS plan is launch?

- Dynashox -

dynashox, Nov 4, 2009 IP
  10. GatorJay

GatorJay Peon

Best Answers:
    We plan on offering multiple operating systems either on or shortly after the full launch. Only CentOS will be considered managed, the others will be generally supported only.

No plans at this time to offer a different control panel, this is really due to licensing costs. Also as a VPS, you can choose any control panel you wish if you purchase the license yourself.

Extra's will likely be done in the form of upgrades to the next plan up.

Last edited: Nov 4, 2009
    GatorJay, Nov 4, 2009 IP
  11. ~kev~

~kev~ Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Its about time that hostgator stepped up and offered a VPS. Their lack of options is why I had to leave them and go with another hosting provider.

Who knows how many customers hostgator has lost over the years because they did not offer a VPS. Chances are those customers will not go back. I know I will not.

~kev~, Nov 4, 2009 IP
  12. GatorJay

GatorJay Peon

Best Answers:
    We have already had a few existing customers return for VPS. We expect that if someone left our service due to a product not existing, they will remember our top notch support and come back. If we had offered VPS a year or two ago its unlikely we could even support it due to our outstanding growth. We've hired hundreds of new employees in the last two years. I can't even name enough VPS companies on one hand who offer true 24/7 support of a larger host like ourselves.

As a VPS customer, i've been with 5 or 6 VPS companies for hosting game servers, voice servers, and other applications. I can attest to some of the horrible companies out there, selling extremely oversold VPS servers, with almost non-existant support. We expect that our name will be a big factor in bringing in new or existing VPS customers.

GatorJay, Nov 4, 2009 IP
  13. Bohra

Bohra Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Very much agree a person with shared host will not directly shift to a dedicated server in most cases . Specially high end dedicated servers which hostgator has.

Its good that HG is takin a step ahead

Bohra, Nov 4, 2009 IP
  14. wholenewmind

wholenewmind Peon

Best Answers:
    I was late to upgrade, it is gone so fast, It will be very interesting to see how HostGator does in this market.

The price is definitely competitive.

Look forward to sign up with a coupon.

wholenewmind, Nov 4, 2009 IP
  15. T1pt2p

T1pt2p Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I get 50% discount on first month when purchased at Hostgator VPS Hosting. You can ask the customer support to get it.

T1pt2p, Nov 5, 2009 IP
  16. AndrewJ

AndrewJ Peon

Best Answers:
    Nice pricing too! I think I'll be signing up for one of these plans.

AndrewJ, Nov 5, 2009 IP
  17. ~kev~

~kev~ Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Its been about 3 years since I used hotgator for my personal website. The company I work for, we currently use hostgator. Since I built the company website, I got to pick the hosting provider, and I picked hotgator.

I'am glad to see that HG finally stepped up and got into the VPS market. With their outstanding support, I'am pretty sure they are going to "chew up the competition."

One thing I really like about HG is their online chat. Usually a tech support person gets right and and the problem is resolved in minutes.

~kev~, Nov 6, 2009 IP
  18. enkass132

enkass132 Active Member

Best Answers:
    my friend bouught a VPs hosting.. it is cool to buy. we are at turkey but their servers work Perfect

enkass132, Nov 6, 2009 IP
  19. sarpras2005@yahoo.co.in

sarpras2005@yahoo.co.in Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I will plan shift my blog to VPS...

I checking below vps

slicehost, knownhost and now hostgator

sarpras2005@yahoo.co.in, Nov 10, 2009 IP
  20. micksss

micksss Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Looks like VPS orders are being excepted again :) http://www.hostgator.com/vps-hosting/

micksss, Nov 12, 2009 IP