1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Making Money With Google Adsense

Discussion in 'AdSense' started by pearlgurl, Nov 7, 2009.

1. timosai

timosai Active Member

Best Answers:
    I'd be dubious going over 10% CTR on any adsense channels, let alone 30%! bit of a gamble, but i guess if your only earning 30/day it's still low enough to fly under googles radar.

timosai, Nov 8, 2009 IP
  2. ExtremeEzine

ExtremeEzine Peon

Best Answers:
    It looks like someone has been learning from the keyword academy :) Nice job pearlgurl

I would also mention to look for the exact keyword phrase in the title when checking the competition. These will be much higher to beat.

ExtremeEzine, Nov 8, 2009 IP
  3. mexfi571

mexfi571 Peon

Best Answers:
    how many keywords we should put for each page? someones says 15-20 someones says 3-4, someone says %1-2 :) But in my little site experience, 15-20 is better (but really and really similar keywords about subject of page).

mexfi571, Nov 8, 2009 IP
  4. dferrara

dferrara Peon

Best Answers:
    I use both the google keyword tool and my favorite is Micro Niche Finder. I find a good keyword with Micro Niche finder, one that has high search but low competition and then double check my results in Google Keyword Tool.

dferrara, Nov 8, 2009 IP
  5. rtek

rtek Active Member

Best Answers:
    ejay - im sure those guys use pay per click advertising(adWords) to bring trafic to ther websites and thus make profit..

pearlgurl - thanx for the valuable info

Last edited: Nov 8, 2009
    rtek, Nov 8, 2009 IP
  6. sruthin

sruthin Peon

Best Answers:
    Good news...
    can you tell me how many keywords i can place in a website??

Thank you

sruthin, Nov 8, 2009 IP
  7. indiankartoon

indiankartoon Guest

Best Answers:
    great post pearlgurl. A newbie like me has lot to learn from this :).

However I got a question. I have selected a keyword using the method that you stated. Global Monthly Search Volume for this keyword is 2000 and when I google the keyword, I find 4 PR4 and a PR3 sites in top 5. However the other sites on the first page have PR6 and PR5.

Also, google says that there are a total of over 50k search results for my keyword in quotes like this "keyword". When I take off the quotes and do a search, the number of results increase to 1000k.

My question is that will it be possible for me to come onto the first page for this keyword in short time?

indiankartoon, Nov 8, 2009 IP
  8. pearlgurl

pearlgurl Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Yeah, I agree 30% CTR bit high. But as I said in the first post, the screen shot is from the first 3-4 hours of the day. As the day goes on the CTR automatically comes down near to 10%.

Thanks. Experience speaks man. :)

BTW I didn't get your second paragraph, can you explain little more?

There is no magic or thumb rule, it depends on the keywords you choose. It is hard to rank in first page if it is a high competitive keyword. Global Monthly Search Volume is low doesn't mean that the keyword is not competitive. :)

Almost all the search engine algorithms give importance, in varying degrees, to the number of times a keyword appears on a web page. Each search engine is marked by a different calculation of keywords. While some allow a large keyword density on the webpage, others like Google place a limit on it. In order to avoid search spamming through keyword stuffing, search engines also implement measures other than keyword density.

What is an Ideal keyword density?

There is much talk about the ideal keyword density of a web page. The bottom line here is that there is no thumb rule regarding the ideal keyword density in a website, mainly because the search engines change their algorithms frequently. Also, different search engines allow a different keyword density. So, while a more than 2% keyword density is considered spamming by Google, MSN and Yahoo allow a liberal 5% keyword density in a web page. While some search engines attach more importance to keywords in your title, meta tags and web copy, Google - the most important search engine, searches for keywords in your web page text.

Also the ideal keyword density changes with the type of keywords. When the keyword is highly competitive, the website owner should focus on not more than one word per page. Pages with low competitive keywords should ideally focus upon two or three keywords per page. More often than not, search terms comprise of moderately competitive keywords. Such keywords must be used on the home page, and must be linked with internal supporting pages.

Ideal keyword density is more of a range than a figure. A 1% - 7% keyword density is what any web page should aim for. A 1% keyword density is achieved by inserting a keyword once in every 100 words of text, and so on. But a keyword used once in every thousand words would mean a watered down keyword density, which, in turn, will mar the chances of your website figuring high in the search engine result pages.

Keyword optimization

For a search engine to rank your web site highly, focus on one or two keywords per page. This will allow the spiders to be convinced of the relevance of your page content to the keyword. Keeping a one-keyword-per-page policy is the best bet. Writing a minimum of 250 words creates enough content to naturally include a good keyword density.

All this stuff about keyword density is effective in search engine optimization only for keywords that are less than highly competitive. Fiercely competitive keyword terms such as ‘Search Engine Optimization’ cannot assure a good ranking with search engines, even with keyword density as high as 60%. This goes on to show that search engines place more importance on other elements such as inbound links or anchor texts. To improve search engine ranking, your keyword density must not be too high or too low.

Another Point view

While many search engine optimizers swear by this aspect of search engine optimization to improve rankings, many others are quick to refute this theory, pointing out the importance of writing for the visitors instead of search engines. Citing the rankings of web pages with a keyword density as high as 20% alongside the same of web pages with a keyword density of 2%, these experts prove their point. A good ranking, according to them, is the consequence of relevant content focusing on the theme of your website, which is anyways bound to include the keyword. Losing visitors can be attributed to forced write ups that are deliberately keyword stuffed. The use of similar words instead of the same keyword again and again will increase your article’s credibility. The search engines too, have started focusing more on semantic connection between words instead of simply relying on keyword density, in their endeavor to curb spamming.

Conclusion

While it cannot be denied that keyword density is one of the aspects of search engine optimization, it is definitely not the only factor. Losing your sleep over achieving the exact keyword density in your web pages won’t help your rankings much. Writing meaningful, relevant content, without bothering about the keyword density, is the key to good ranking.

Last edited: Nov 8, 2009
    pearlgurl, Nov 8, 2009 IP
  9. clarisa

clarisa Peon

Best Answers:
    wow....wonderfull.
    your eaqrning is so good
    and thank for your tips...vey helpfull

regrads

clarisa, Nov 8, 2009 IP
  10. mexfi571

mexfi571 Peon

Best Answers:
    thanks for your answer. it helps me. I think , Ideal keyword density is changing with all type of sites. Some sites has several pages of photo ( "0" word ) , so you can't use even one keyword! But some pages has thousands words or hundreds sentences, so you can use there 10-20 keywords. It is my simple logic.

mexfi571, Nov 8, 2009 IP
  11. amishaseth

amishaseth Peon

Best Answers:
    my CTR is 2%, sometimes even 1%
    What should be average CTR of any website.
    Is 10% CTR ok with Google
    Is 10% CTR normal
    Is it Possible to have 10% CTR

amishaseth, Nov 9, 2009 IP
  12. pearlgurl

Best Answers:
    Personally I feel that any discussion of average CTR/CPM/EPC across different sites with different subjects, in different countries ... is a complete waste of time. First, there is no way of working out an average unless Google discloses the full figures that only they know. Any average calculated from figures disclosed by webmasters here is likely to be skewed because the people who do well won't disclose their figures so you have an incomplete picture. If there are only two categories of publisher who make either <$100 or >$10,000 then how will the knowledge that the average is $4,000 be of any benefit to anyone? It could drop to $1,500 if one or two of the multimillion dollar publishers pull out. And adding a million other sub $100 publishers may not move the average by more than a couple of dollars. :)

The problem with comparing CTR (and in fact a lot of Adsense statistics) is that every blog is so different that any such comparison can be problematic – and at times pointless.

The percentage of people who click on ads varies depending upon many different factors. I’ll list a few here

*CTR varies between topics
    *CTR relates to Ad relevancy
    *CTR can vary seasonally
    *CTR varies between reader types
    *CTR varies between ad design and placement options
    *CTR varies depending upon other site design factors
    *CTR varies depending upon other options to ‘click

So there you have some of the reasons why CTR can vary so much. I guess the question remains of ‘what is a good CTR in Adsense?’

Really the only way to answer that question having covered everything that we have just examined is to say that a good CTR will vary from blog to blog.

I’ve seen blogs that have done everything that they can to increase CTR and are still under 1% while have seen others that get into double figures. I suspect that most bloggers fall somewhere in between that and would fit into the 2%-5% range.

Last edited: Nov 9, 2009
    pearlgurl, Nov 9, 2009 IP
  13. Sonal Shah

Sonal Shah Peon

Best Answers:
    Thank a lot. Your information is very useful for each and every bigginers of adsense business.

Sonal Shah, Nov 9, 2009 IP
  14. sarpras2005@yahoo.co.in

sarpras2005@yahoo.co.in Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I get very low value click.

I need above 100 clicks to reach $10.

15. aliahsan

aliahsan Member

Best Answers:
    Good start.

aliahsan, Nov 9, 2009 IP
  16. WunschShrek

WunschShrek Peon

Best Answers:
    There is nothing wrong with having a high CTR, I have sites that get 50% - 100% CTR on a daily basis, and I average 300-500 per day in revenue with adsense.

Getting a high CTR is a good thing, not a bad thing.

Only reason it would be a gamble is if you were breaking their terms in order to get a CTR that high.

WunschShrek, Nov 9, 2009 IP
  17. pearlgurl

Best Answers:
    Thanks for your concern. But how in the earth they come to know who am I?:)

pearlgurl, Nov 9, 2009 IP
  18. WunschShrek

WunschShrek Peon

Best Answers:
    Yeah I removed that, I realized they would have a pretty hard time tracking you down lol.

WunschShrek, Nov 9, 2009 IP
  19. MonkeyMagic

MonkeyMagic Active Member

Best Answers:
    Excellent information, really helpful :)

MonkeyMagic, Nov 9, 2009 IP
  20. Santacruz

Santacruz Active Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks for sharing this. I learned this couple months ago and start making more adsense income :)

Santacruz, Nov 9, 2009 IP