1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

STOP promoting ClickBank until you read this!

Discussion in 'ClickBank' started by thedanielsolution, Nov 5, 2009.

Recently I did a test with several ClickBank products:

What I found out will blow your mind!

Each of these programs offer the visitor the opt-in option.
    Essentially STEALING your sale.

So I am clear:

You send a visitor (hop) to your clickbank hop link for that program. The visitor decides to fill in the opt-in form and sends off their email address to the program owner.

Not only do you not get that user's email..... Which shouldn't surprise you...

BUT: If that user clicks thru one of the emails they get from that program, they are directed through a payment process WITHOUT your clickbank code.

We all know that most sales require the visitor to have more than a single exposure, and we all drop in the optin form for that reason...

My advice::

TEST the program first..
    Visit (thru your clickbank id), fill in the opt in form.
    Close your browser and open A DIFFERENT BROWSER
    (this will ensure you have no cookie or other identifier to say you have been there before)

Now open the email they have likely sent you by now, click on any (or all) of the links provided in the message and follow the path a buyer would. You can go right to the order page without it costing you anything.

At the bottom of the Clickbank order page look for the text

Affiliate ID = xxxxxx

If it's not there - YOU WOULDN'T GET THE COMMISSION FOR THAT SALE!!!

thedanielsolution, Nov 5, 2009 IP
  2. NCMedia

NCMedia Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    OMG!!!!!

Good basic reminder to people, but no need to make it a 'blow your mind' warning...

NCMedia, Nov 5, 2009 IP
  3. jaykou

jaykou Active Member

Best Answers:
    just found out one of the end of world product is doing this..the vendor took all my commissions!!! Let's see how it converts without opt-in

Last edited: Nov 5, 2009
    jaykou, Nov 5, 2009 IP
  4. Faclez

Faclez Peon

Best Answers:
    NC You crack me up. Lets have another post - OMG Clickbank has a secret cure for cancer and they are not telling anyone!

Faclez, Nov 5, 2009 IP
  5. thedanielsolution

thedanielsolution Peon

Best Answers:
    Are you serious...?

Some of my clients (and members of this forum) spend hard earned money to pay for ads to promote the clickbank program and are ROBBED of their commission by dishonest product owners...

This is call for a BLOW MY MIND warning.

thedanielsolution, Nov 5, 2009 IP
  6. TheLasTSamuRai

TheLasTSamuRai Active Member

Best Answers:
    I have faced this problem with a forex publisher so i switched to another problem.
    You can avoid this by checking the sale page of the product you promoting from time to time.
    Affiliates are spending time and money to sell publisher's stuff so i think this is very dishonest.

TheLasTSamuRai, Nov 5, 2009 IP
  7. TheRookie

TheRookie Peon

Best Answers:
    great post and warning, I think your thread is justified. Its stealing and those people should be prosecuted or clickbank should do something about it.

TheRookie, Nov 5, 2009 IP
  8. CBMP_Rene

CBMP_Rene Peon

Best Answers:
    Post the accused websites so we know who to look out for.

CBMP_Rene, Nov 5, 2009 IP
  9. Michelle.

Michelle. Peon

Best Answers:
    Never thought of that! thanks.

Michelle., Nov 5, 2009 IP
  10. jaykou

jaykou Active Member

Best Answers:
    My article on end of world got almost 1800 views and 700 clicks. That's just one article, though the other articles have also just got half of those url clicks i had only one sale so far. I was very much disappointed to find out that I was deceived :(

jaykou, Nov 5, 2009 IP
  11. Chri5123

Chri5123 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Hey mate,

Shameless plug here, but you did say you were promoting end of world 2012?

Check out http://www.2012contact.com

No opt in - no commissions leak and with the film coming out as well - easy money!

Hope this helps.

Chri5123, Nov 5, 2009 IP
  12. affiliatenewbie

affiliatenewbie Peon

Best Answers:
    As a matter of fact I first check the sales page whether they have popups and opt in and whether they collect emails and use all tricks. In my opinion email collection one need to do thro the officialsite and not thro the sales page of affiliates. that solves the apprehension and reservations. Anyway no wonder why more and more affiliates start making their own duplicate products and join the elite vendor bandwagon. One need to remeber that the CB survives on affiliates and not on a bunch of crap sellers.

affiliatenewbie, Nov 5, 2009 IP
  13. jaykou

jaykou Active Member

Best Answers:
    @chris 5123

I didn't say it's 2012 contact. It's definitely a product about 2012, don't like to mention the specific name as everybody knows what it is!!

jaykou, Nov 5, 2009 IP
  14. terryd

terryd Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    wow......OMG..........I will stop promoting clickbank products now...............hardly earth shattering news....more common sense really :rolleyes:

terryd, Nov 5, 2009 IP
  15. ParthS

ParthS Peon

Best Answers:
    What the hell? If anything, I see higher conversions with publishers that have an opt-in page. They're giving away something for free, the prospect is even more interested in the product, and when they're ready to buy, they'll have your affiliate link saved on their computer, and you'll commission for a product.

ParthS, Nov 5, 2009 IP
  16. redrossero

redrossero Peon

Best Answers:
    Unfortunatelly some vendors will replace your links with theirs in the autoresponder series.

Also, check out for hiddin links on the sales page. Sometimes they hide them on the testimonials, I saw somethig like "Read here" which goes to his paypal. Sometimes I saw REAL Paypal buttons on the sale page.

redrossero, Nov 5, 2009 IP
  17. silverpoint

silverpoint Member

Best Answers:
    there are also vendors that give away "free samples" of their product. People fill in their email addess, then when they check their inbox, the email redirects them to a totally different sales page (with a better price offer). That's really bad for the affiliate.

silverpoint, Nov 5, 2009 IP
  18. floodrod

floodrod Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Even as a vendor, I agree this will "blow peoples minds" and is excellent information. Definitely do not promote anything for a vendor who uses hoplinks in their newsletters. Take the advice and check their emails out in full.

But just remember, newsletter messages can increase your conversions if the Vendor does things honestly and does not over-write the hoplink.

Also, watch how often that list owner sends "broadcasts" and does JV's. If your vendor is sending weekly emails promoting other offers with their Hoplink, ditch em... Your cookie lasts for 60 days, so it is in your best interest if the vendor promotes NOTHING else besides the product that makes you commission.

That's my policy anyways... As long as your cookie time lasts, we will not overwrite any hoplink or promote any other product.

floodrod, Nov 5, 2009 IP
  19. tnt7973

tnt7973 Member

Best Answers:

This is not true and a false statement made by an unhappy affiliate that thinks he should get a sale for every 25 visitors he sends to a product. Or they like to see there post count increase on this forum and discourage other affiliates from this niche.

Don't listen to this person and test for yourself.

tnt7973, Nov 5, 2009 IP
  20. Morrow66

Morrow66 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Vendors who do this are stupid and greedy and the funny thing is they will most likely make more money by not screwing over their affiliates.

Morrow66, Nov 6, 2009 IP