1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Is ShareASale A Scam? CJ Pays, But NOT ShareASale!

Discussion in 'Affiliate Programs' started by Surf_Dude, Sep 4, 2008.

I used to run Purity Products ads on Commission Junction.
    They paid me over $100 every month.
    Then I read about the lawsuit, and the scumware, and commission thefts.
    So I switched to ShareASale - all the same pages (plus a few more), with the same ads.

For 3 months, I gave them many thousands of impressions.
    At over 500 "hits", and ZERO pennies paid to me, I called it quits, and pulled all my ads.
    The NEXT DAY, they put $12 into my account (as if to say, "Whoops, we hit your level of intolerance - please come back.") Yeah, right. Great timing. How disingenuous. I'm gone. The $12 "make up" teaser payment confirms my suspicions.

I was in marketing for years. One thing I learned, is that you use THE OPPOSITE of your WEAKEST point as your tagline. For instance, if your parts are slow, your tagline is "Fastest Parts" available. If your parts are lacking features, you claim "Full-featured Parts".

And if you help affiliates and employees steal commissions, maybe you build your reputation for "cleanest network", and "scumware free", and "no parasites". WHERE DID MY MONEY GO? No more free ads for you! No more free real estate for ShareASale! I should have dropped them last month, but I wanted to give them a full calendar quarter.

I know it wasn't Purity Products, since they paid just fine with CJ.

Surf_Dude, Sep 4, 2008 IP
  2. cr0cx

cr0cx Active Member

Best Answers:
    Well I was promoting ShareASale last year, and "forgot" about my account there, earlier this year I logged in and noticed some money there, just $xxx sent in the letter about the taxes, and I got a check.

cr0cx, Sep 4, 2008 IP
  3. paop

paop Peon

Best Answers:
    I get about 2K++ every month from SAS.

I think it has to do with what you promote and how your promote. :0)
    Why not give it another try!

paop, Sep 4, 2008 IP
  4. Surf_Dude

Surf_Dude Peon

Best Answers:
    Actually, it WAS my second try. Oh, well.

If there is one thing I just don't get, it's affiliate marketing.
    It is a mental block, or bad genes, or something.

In the time I spent trying to try to make it work, I could have built quite a few nice-paying PPC pages. Time to go back to my strengths.

Surf_Dude, Sep 4, 2008 IP
  5. rehash

rehash Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I used them a few years ago and I suspect they were cheating or using a bad software for tracking sales.

rehash, Sep 4, 2008 IP
  6. Nick_Mayhem

Nick_Mayhem Notable Member

Best Answers:
    It has been 3 years and now I have a script tracking my impressions and all installed still something is wrong because I am being paid $0.

Nick_Mayhem, Sep 5, 2008 IP
  7. rocky_noob

rocky_noob Guest

Best Answers:
    ShareASale is big affiliate network i not work with ShareASale but i think ShareASale is trust company

rocky_noob, Sep 5, 2008 IP
  8. seoindiaweb

seoindiaweb Banned

Best Answers:
    ShareASale and Clixgalore sux big time, real worst support as well

seoindiaweb, Sep 5, 2008 IP
    Nick_Mayhem likes this.
  9. WallaceYeung

WallaceYeung Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Just plan to signup for affiliate to shareasale,
    dig to the old thread,
    I might give up to join shareasale and stick with cj.com.

WallaceYeung, Nov 3, 2009 IP
  10. silent_thunder

silent_thunder Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I have been with them for a while got one payment..But I really didnt like their way of treating affiliates, they give you minimum resources so I am now diverting all my traffic towards smaller networks which still believe in AM and affiliate relationship.

I dont think they would be scam if they were scam it would be all over by now, but I just hate big networks like shareasale and CJ not becasue they are scam becasue they dont give damn if you make money or not..its all about Super Affiliates in those networks

silent_thunder, Nov 3, 2009 IP
  11. topcbstore

topcbstore Peon

Best Answers:
    I have been with them for 3-4 years and consistently making couple hundred bucks every month. Then all of sudden those assholes suspended my account and kept my money. I sent them an email to explain what I have done wrong but they never replied back. I method of promotion was to use their datafeeds and blogging, all whitehat stuff. I do the same sort of promotion with CJ and they never question about my account.

Shareasale sucks. Affiliate beware... stay away from Shareasale!

Here is my shareasale affiliate id 140447.

I hope shareasale-scamers read my post.

topcbstore, Nov 4, 2009 IP
  12. 5starAffiliates

5starAffiliates Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Hi Surf Dude,

Sorry for whatever happened to you.

However I have to say that I've been around for a lot of years, read a TON of affiliate forums and consider myself to be an affiliate advocate and SAS is the one network I hardly ever hear any complaints about. Almost every affiliate I know likes them better than other networks and I know them to be honest industry players.

It makes no sense for SAS to steal from you, because they don't get paid unless you get paid.

What I think is the MOST likely scenario is that the merchant placed the SAS pixel wrong or it's not working or something.

Did you contact the merchant about it before coming here to defame a network's otherwise good reputation??? :(

5starAffiliates, Nov 5, 2009 IP
  13. Johnyboy

Johnyboy Peon

Best Answers:
    That's a good point right there. I hate it when idiots make these statements based on pure sand and in their sayings, I never see a real proved method of how to catch the "bad guys".

Man that's just mean. Where all that hate from? I guess you're so dumps, that you can't realize that people are actually seeing these posts: me myself just came across by google.

So my point is, if you don't actually got proof SHUT THE HELL UP. Because, if somebody doesn't close this conversation like 5starAffiliates did, your info goes up in the search engines.

Conclusion: Think about other affiliate marketers that struggle to make a buck and are confused and disoriented of which network, product, website theme, companies etc etc etc etc .... to choose.

Johnyboy, Jan 23, 2010 IP
  14. sagargemini

sagargemini Peon

Best Answers:
    I choose to disagree with "surf_dude" and others. Frankly I have no vested interest either in CJ or in ShareAsale. I have, in fact, account with both and both of them have paid me. Although my earnings through CJ have been below average, ShareAsale has paid me on time. CJ & ShareAsale does pay, but the revenue really depends upon what you do with their opportunities...

sagargemini, Mar 4, 2010 IP
  15. jeanpaul

jeanpaul Guest

Best Answers:
    jeanpaul, Apr 12, 2010 IP
  16. simey

simey Active Member

Best Answers:
    Thing is, often when the same merchant is with several different networks, sometimes the right cookie doesn't get credited.

If a SAS cookie was last, but there was a earlier CJ cookie, the SAS cookie should get the sale. Doesn't always happen though.
    IMO: it's more about the merchant than the network. At least with these big networks. They all have good merchants and they all have crap merchants.

simey, Apr 12, 2010 IP
  17. haniadel

haniadel Active Member

Best Answers:
    absolutely SAS is not scam i get constant $$$ every month

haniadel, Apr 12, 2010 IP
  18. winnergirl

winnergirl Peon

Best Answers:
    I signed up with ShareASale and placed lots and lots of ads on my web site. I received payments and then suddenly I could not log into my SAS affiliate account. I e-mailed my contact person, Jason Rubacky, several times and finally got an answer of he would check into the problem. Never heard back, and I e-mailed SAS directly, no answer, just no response at all. I have dead links, no more checks, no answers, and a mess of a web site to clean up, the clean up nightmare I am facing is what makes me really mad. Finally, I am not a corporation, I am a person, and I take things personally.

winnergirl, Jan 12, 2011 IP
  19. mtmjohn

mtmjohn Peon

Best Answers:
    Shareasale is not a scam. They are a well respected company.

mtmjohn, Jan 13, 2011 IP
  20. inucpa

inucpa Peon

Best Answers:
    Shareasale is not scam. They Pay me on time (every 20th) per month

inucpa, Jan 13, 2011 IP