1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

(Questions)Accessing my own paypal account from other country

Discussion in 'PayPal' started by metronome, Nov 4, 2009.

Hi,

Right now I have paypal (canadian) verified, for a very long time there.
    It will be waste to just shut it down and make a new paypal account when I move to other country(indonesia) especially that paypal account is still connected to the bank I used there(I dont close down my bank, the bank I use is available in indonesia too, so I can withdraw it even after I move).

Can I actually still access it in indonesia? Or should I just use canadian VPN to access it? If I need to use Canadian vpn to access it, should I clear internet cache and cookies everytime I wanna access paypal?

Thanks.

metronome, Nov 4, 2009 IP
  2. metronome

metronome Active Member

Best Answers:
    Wow that's great, so I can just go to paypal, and log in as usual without using VPN?
    And then I won't get limited etc right?

And anyway, your file attachment cant be downloaded I dont know why...

metronome, Nov 4, 2009 IP
  3. SkyisLimit

SkyisLimit Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Yep .. Im trying to view, but donno why.
    but..Since Canada is your is originating, and the destination is Indonesia which is supported by the PayPal, then its no problem. U can access it directly, form Indonesia no vpn needed. and be active as you were in Canada. these are the shots form PayPal TOS.

you may go to Tos.. and view.. access limit account, you can find.

good luck.

yes.. u wont get limit.. its clear. Indonesia is supported by pp.

gud luk

Last edited: Nov 4, 2009
    SkyisLimit, Nov 4, 2009 IP
  4. arthur101

arthur101 Peon

Best Answers:
    Honestly, it doesnt matter wherever you are. If you travel to sri lanka which doesnt support pp, you can still use your paypal card to withdraw cash from their atms and use it normally! it works as long as you are the owner ;)

arthur101, Nov 4, 2009 IP
  5. flaco

flaco Peon

Best Answers:
    You might just want to call PayPal and inform them that you are moving. Suddenly accessing your account from another country might be a red flag. :)

flaco, Nov 6, 2009 IP
  6. metronome

metronome Active Member

Best Answers:
    ok, I am in another country now
    thanks for all of your answers:)
    now , the confirmation:
    1. You CAN access it from indonesia without problem
    2. Paypal will get suspicious a while, telling you to change password etc, but after you change your password and confirmed your identity by confirming your birthday, credit card, bank account etc, that's it
    3. One transaction might be auto disputed by paypal during password change, basically if you paid someone during that time, that transaction will be auto disputed by paypal, paypal will make sure that you really are the one that wanna send the money

What I did:
    before I go to indonesia, I called them and told them a bit that I gonna move to other country.
    Well...they will for sure suggest you to just close your paypal account, but they dont say you must do that.

anyway, that's all
    I will report more if I get trouble~~

metronome, Nov 14, 2009 IP
  7. merlinseo

merlinseo Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Yes I suppose you can
    Because I had accessed my paypal accounts outside my home country without any problem
    Let assume you are traveller

And i am sure you can access without any problems, Don't worry
    I suppose your permanent dest. would be canada and you might plan to return back there later so if thats the case dont shut it, use it, you can always say you away for temporary time from that country to paypal

merlinseo, Nov 14, 2009 IP