1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Scammed twice by Yahoo.

Discussion in 'Yahoo' started by Jack Zero, Oct 19, 2009.

1. ironmonger

ironmonger Peon

Best Answers:
    I almost fell for that domain bait and switch scheme yahoo had but i researched it before i bought it and it paid off after reading so many bad things about yahoo, you have to do your research every time you buy something nowadays

ironmonger, Nov 4, 2009 IP
  2. dfweyer

dfweyer Peon

Best Answers:
    dfweyer, Nov 4, 2009 IP
  3. romburak

romburak Peon

Best Answers:
    Yahoo has incorporated the tactics of it's new owner - Microsoft.
    But paying 1.99/1st year, promo price, is just as good as a promotional balance transfer on you credit card.

The consumer should be aware!!!

romburak, Nov 4, 2009 IP
  4. wildogre

wildogre Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Ahhh its really disgusting these hosting companies do so. Bluehost also increase there rates after first year to renew the plan :(

wildogre, Nov 4, 2009 IP
  5. averyz

averyz Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I used to get domains through Yahoo like 5-10 years ago for $4.99 then all the sudden the turn it to $30- $40. WTF!!!

So I moved all my domains, canclled the accounts and then they were still trying to charge me… They said I need to call a # that put me on hold for 40min of dropped my call to cancel.:mad:

B.S.. I cancelled the account and they claimed I didn’t and tried to make it impossible to cancel.. SCAM..

Took me 3 hours to get it all squared away and the charges reversed.

I have never spend a dime on any yahoo stuff since and never will again..

Yahoos going down hill.. Their shares were worth $40 a year ago and now they are at $15 and dropping. See you at the bottom Yahoo. Scumbags.

averyz, Nov 4, 2009 IP
  6. jNorth

jNorth Peon

Best Answers:
    My theory is that yahoo wants to go out of business. or at least they really don't care about the future of their company. They make changes that cause people to leave, but a few stay and get ripped off. They aren't really into providing comprehensive valuable services, just fly-by-night, over-charged schemes that rely on suckers.

jNorth, Nov 4, 2009 IP
  7. imagatto2

imagatto2 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Snow bird how did you revoke their ability to hit you up on paypal? I thought you had to give companies permission to do that?

Also guys --- The BBB is a private corporation , not a government program. You have to pay them to use their bbb and say your part of the bbb. I paid like $250 like 10 years ago. Dont know what its at now. If you pay they will never say anything bad about your company to anybody LOL.....

imagatto2, Nov 4, 2009 IP
  8. Sem-Advance

Sem-Advance Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Hate to say this but you are not talking about bait and switch. You may have fallen victim to a great upsell .....but it was not bait and switch.

You can find more information here

http://www.ftc.gov/bcp/guides/baitads-gd.htm

You are spreading information that is completely inaccurate. Please research what you are talking about prior to posting.

Microsoft has a deal with Yahoo to power their search engine.....Yahoo could care less about organic search since they make most of their revenues as the largest display advertising company online.

By posting things recklessly you discredit this forum and it's members, in the eyes of others.

Sem-Advance, Nov 4, 2009 IP