1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Why is it always "CHEAP ARTICLE WRITER"

Discussion in 'Copywriting' started by phyza, Apr 13, 2009.

1. lavina dias

lavina dias Active Member

Best Answers:
    They want to maximise profits so they need Cheape wirters (No offense), but in my opinion, quality never comes at cheaper rate.

lavina dias, Oct 11, 2009 IP
  2. jhmattern

jhmattern Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    That's definitely the thought. It also doesn't usually work that way -- there's a reason why some of the most profitable sites and publications pay more for professional writing. In the end, the quality does pay for itself (and then some).

jhmattern, Oct 11, 2009 IP
  3. omshanti

omshanti Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I second your thoughts.

Well, quality of content makes a huge difference as people love to read something that makes a difference to them. IF you write stuff that doesn't make much sense, people won't become loyal to your blog ~ that's how you create authority blogs and sites.

omshanti, Oct 14, 2009 IP
  4. HJITechnologiesLLC

HJITechnologiesLLC Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I'm no 'cheap' Article writer, I write QUALITY stuff, I ignore the 'Looking for cheap writer' type crap threads.

HJITechnologiesLLC, Oct 14, 2009 IP
  5. Gwen78

Gwen78 Peon

Best Answers:
    Everyone is looking for a bargain. It all comes down to how much value you put on your time, and writing.

Gwen78, Oct 29, 2009 IP
  6. LWS

LWS Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    because they don't have money lol

LWS, Oct 31, 2009 IP
  7. averyz

averyz Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    If someone were looking for quality they would look in the local listings for a writer.

Most people look on the internet to outsource because it is cheaper..

It’s the same thing with webdesign and coding most people are looking to outsource and save money.

averyz, Oct 31, 2009 IP
  8. wptheme

wptheme Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Prob is that most webmasters want content for their website and robots, not reading material for their visitors.

wptheme, Oct 31, 2009 IP
  9. abhijit

abhijit Notable Member

Best Answers:
    This is so true. I am still trying to find my niche for "affordable content", but I have come across far too many people that are more interested in passing copyscape, and validating grammar on MS Word, than they are in the potential value they could be adding to human visitors to their sites. Grrrr

abhijit, Nov 2, 2009 IP
  10. AnniCanClick

AnniCanClick Active Member

Best Answers:
    Lol; I get this cartoon-y image of search engine robots reading over a keyword farm, or cheap crappy content, with a little bubble over their heads saying "Find penis enlargement travel to Italy wear high quality cleaning products..." and shortly after, short circuiting and exploding due to maximum confusion.

AnniCanClick, Nov 2, 2009 IP
  11. TheCheesePolice

TheCheesePolice Member

Best Answers:
    Personally, I write for what I believe is a high rate ($0.80 per 100 words). I prefer this as I don't have to whore myself around, and I get mainly serious buyers.

TheCheesePolice, Nov 3, 2009 IP
  12. PhilipR

PhilipR Peon

Best Answers:
    I can probably count on one hand the number of posters who answered the OP's questions in this mini-book of a thread. :rolleyes:

Yes, of course providing cheap work leads to more work. ... It leads to more CHEAP work, in which you won't make any decent money.

I, for one, think that providing less work with high quality and good rates is far better, simply because you have to work more hours due to the fact you are getting far less money.

In addition, if you write mostly crap articles, you will never be able to hone your writing skills.

Think of it that way.

Last edited: Nov 3, 2009
    PhilipR, Nov 3, 2009 IP
  13. istroller

istroller Peon

Best Answers:
    its not that the foreign writers have bad writing skills n therefore they sell their articles for cheap....its a nasty comment to make...pls remember that english is no longer a language dat the brits or americans speak...ppl all over the world hv embraced dis language n hv mastered the grammar/phonetics/ et al of this language n r fluent than even the native speakers themselves.

istroller

istroller, Nov 3, 2009 IP
  14. NeuroSynapsis

NeuroSynapsis Peon

Best Answers:
    Meh, I had a rate I was willing to work for. It's higher than the market rate - if people want to hire me great, if not then I'll just find other projects.

I'm not gonna whore myself out for $2/500 words, that's just ridiculous.

NeuroSynapsis, Nov 4, 2009 IP
  15. digicam

digicam Active Member

Best Answers:
    Quality comes first. But then again, not all articles need to be top-notch, just as not every printed book has to meet the standards of the Chicago Manual of Style.

Fair rate to me is whatever I can afford. If I had it within my budget, I'd pay no less than $10 for a good article. More than that if it's a long article and there's a lot of research on the part of the writer. But the numbers would add up fast if I need a whole bunch of them. If a writer agreed to a lower rate, I'd reduce their workload by relaxing my standards, providing the keywords myself and even supplementing or improving the content.

Why do you assume that cheap = low quality? You can get quality work for "cheap" depending on what's cheeap to you.

Yeah, cheap work = more work. But that's not necessarily a good thing from the writer's point of view. Writers have a life too, you know?

Less work, high quality, higher pay = great. I would't mind doing that on occasion once my projects get off the ground and webmasters show an interest. But that's from a writer's viewpoint. Like I comment below, webmasters often have a limited budget.

SOME COMMENTS:

Not all clients who pay for cheap article writing are the same. Some are small business owners or individuals just starting out. If you pay $10 per article and you need 20 articles to start off your web site, that's already $200. If you decide to keep the writer(s) and they produce 50 articles a month, that's $500 out of your pocket. How long before you can even break even with that? So that's one side of the story. It would be different if one needed help with just a few articles; then it would be easier to pay a higher rate. But article buyers often need to buy in bulk to build their sites up fast. Sure, we all want to make money. Yet it's not like these webmasters have an endless supply of cash to draw from.

Besides, competition is high among writers. If there were fewer around, then webmasters would be out-bidding one another for our services. Alas, it's the writers who must bid for the webmsaters' time and money!

I understand about offshore writers with poor English skills. But what else are they to do? If your services are inferior to another's, your only resort is to lower your rates to attract the same customers. That's just common practice. Plus if you factor in international money transfers as payment methods, you know the offshore writer is already at a disadvantage. They'd have to find a way to offset the cost.

Negotiating for higher pay is also difficult if you're an offshore writer. Just as soon as they find out you're a foreigner, they'll try to get you for as little as possible. You'd have to really prove your worth to them to convince them they should pay you more. I myself was able to press for higher rates. But not as much as US writers get paid for. I will not settle for that again especially now I have more experience in both life and writing.

Anyway, I heard that the same thing has happened with oDesk. I read that native English speakers now need to have real, professional level skills to earn as much as they want. The simpler projects often go to the cheap writers (offshore or not). Well, I guess that's just the way it is. Not unlike stock photography where pros have to compete with amateurs nowadays.

Last edited: Nov 5, 2009
    digicam, Nov 5, 2009 IP
  16. abdussamad

abdussamad Active Member

Best Answers:
    Where did you find native english speakers in Karachi Pakistan? Looks like a load of BS to me.

Anyway the answer to your question is that the Internet does not reward good content. It rewards content that is promoted the best. So any cheap article will do. The real work is in getting visitors to it.

abdussamad, Nov 5, 2009 IP
  17. PhilipR

PhilipR Peon

Best Answers:
    Good point.

PhilipR, Nov 5, 2009 IP
  18. phyza

phyza Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Did i ever said i got native English speakers from Karachi, Pakistan???
    I am running my own small online business and i work will people all around the World including Pakistan, USA, UK, Australia, Canada, Germany and so on...
    Btw there are still some Pakistanis that got great English skills as they spend hell lot of time outside Pakistan :)
    Hope it's clear to you now :)
    Thanks
    PHYza

phyza, Nov 6, 2009 IP
    mdvasanth86 likes this.
  19. Altraffica

Altraffica Active Member

Best Answers:
    I guess it happens because many buyers believe that there are those who will do work of high quality at a low price. Actually, i have met some writers, who beginners. They do not charge high, but they perform their work for a full due :)

Altraffica, Nov 6, 2009 IP
  20. internetauthor

internetauthor Peon

Best Answers:
    Your point is absolutely clear :rolleyes: - I only hope you were being sarcastic.

In regard to the OP:

Low rates definitely mean more work. The sticky part is that you must work almost around the clock to see a benefit from the work and you'll likely burn out. Many $5 writers do exactly this - they take tons of orders, do as much as they can and give up because they can't keep up or even fulfill their promises. On the flip side, buyers get burned by flaking writers and distrust other writers on the same principle.

If you're able to charge more and back it up with ability/service/whatever, you can work far less and still make the same amount. Of course, with higher rates, you're no longer competing on price and that time you're saving should be dedicated to marketing yourself effectively to grow your business with a crowd who's not flooding the BST sections.

internetauthor, Nov 6, 2009 IP