1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Advice for article marketing

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by sweetcrabhoney18, Nov 3, 2009.

So I wrote like three articles for a few sites. However most places have denied them. My question is.. How do I use an article to market when they say I can't put the marketing in the article itself? It is SOOOO stressful. I mean I am trying to market my recipe site.. but I can't put the name of the site into any of the articles.. How else am I suppose to get people to the darn site..

Help.. I really don't get this!

sweetcrabhoney18, Nov 3, 2009 IP
  2. William Tubold

William Tubold Peon

Best Answers:
    Make a helpful article, explaining some important things on your niche. Instead your site Url (or name), use KEYWORDS with anchor text (where allowed) otherwise, use them on the resource box. Properly keywords with anchor text, will get people to your site.

William Tubold, Nov 3, 2009 IP
  3. music legend

music legend Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    articles are not really the way to go

music legend, Nov 3, 2009 IP
  4. bob25

bob25 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:

Many article directories don't allow links within the article itself depending on the TOS. Put it in the resource box and you shouldn't have problems, except with ezinearticles.com (submit there first as they don't allow duplicate content articles, unless of course it's in their directory first).

bob25, Nov 3, 2009 IP
  5. imacamper

imacamper Peon

Best Answers:
    You have to write your article such that it provides information to peak the interest of the reader. Then you include your "self serving" links in your resource box as others have mentioned. The goal of your article is to make your reader want more information and thus, click your link.

Here's an example of one I've written that's doing pretty well.

Click Here

Cheers,

Drew

imacamper, Nov 3, 2009 IP
  6. nitin22

nitin22 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Write a kickass article. Dont include your site in the article itself. Then create a kickass signature. In signature give link to your web-site. You have to write signature in a way so that it compliments your article. With a bit of fine tuning, you can get upto 30-35% people clicking on you signature link.

nitin22, Nov 3, 2009 IP
  7. johnben1444

johnben1444 Peon

Best Answers:
    You questions is not understood. I will advice you contact the article directory. Some site do not accept affiliate site. You should read guide lines before submitting articles to any site.

johnben1444, Nov 3, 2009 IP
  8. sweetcrabhoney18

sweetcrabhoney18 Banned

Best Answers:
    Thanks for all the helpful advice.

I have trying to market a membership recipe site. ( link is siggie )

I have written a few articles. Should I just submit cooking tips or something. The last one I wrote was money saving tips for family.

Not sure what to write.. Maybe I should just hire someone...

sweetcrabhoney18, Nov 3, 2009 IP
  9. dlm

dlm Peon

Best Answers:
    EXAMPLE:

Title: Delicious Blueberry Muffin Recipes

I love a freshly baked batch of blueberry muffins. In my experience, the best blueberry muffins use frozen blueberries, which is great, because you can make them year round. Some blueberry muffin recipes call for buttermilk, while others use milk or cream. I find that buttermilk gives the muffins a moist texture and tangy flavor. Pairing buttermilk with a plain oil such as corn or vegetable oil makes the most tender and moist muffins you have ever eaten. Etc. etc. etc.

Visit "Recipes With Love" to find delicious recipes for blueberry muffins and hundreds of other tasty dishes.

You can write articles like that for dozens of different types of food...

dlm, Nov 3, 2009 IP
  10. kt26i

kt26i Peon

Best Answers:
    If you are struggling to get you articles submitted then maybe you could open a few bogs and post the articles there. As its your Blog you can post anything you like and still gain a inbound link!!!

kt26i, Nov 3, 2009 IP
  11. PhilipR

PhilipR Peon

Best Answers:
    Last edited: Nov 3, 2009
    PhilipR, Nov 3, 2009 IP
  12. SheilaOcean

SheilaOcean Peon

Best Answers:
    DONT market in your article, thats what the bio info at the bottom is for to sell them on visiting your site...your article should be informative, teach them, entertaining, something of great value to your reader...not a commercial or sales pitch.

SheilaOcean, Nov 3, 2009 IP
  13. bob25

bob25 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    ummm... that's a resource box. Some directories allow links within the articles, some allow links for reference only. Depends on that directories TOS.

bob25, Nov 3, 2009 IP
  14. PhilipR

PhilipR Peon

Best Answers:
    ummm...yeah, and?

Placing a link somewhere in the article is part of marketing.

PhilipR, Nov 3, 2009 IP
  15. digicam

digicam Active Member

Best Answers:
    Your articles must be related to the web site you're trying to promote. If the site is about cooking, write articles about cooking, cooking tips, shopping for ingredients, time-saving recipes, healthy recipes, vegetarian recipes, specific cuisine, etc. Whatever is covered on your site.

If your articles revolve around saving money, they will be read by people looking for money saving tips. Not necessarily those interested in cooking.

Ask yourself this: "What kind of articles and information would get me interested in a cooking web site?"

digicam, Nov 3, 2009 IP
  16. LeslieMarie

LeslieMarie Peon

Best Answers:
    Write article that peaks the interest of everyone. Choose the best keywords and place 2 to 4% keywords density in every 100 words. Submit your article to top article directories like ezine, goarticles, ideamarketers, selfgrowth and articledashboard. dont waste your time submitting article to hundreds list of article directories.

Goodluck.

LeslieMarie, Nov 3, 2009 IP
  17. beacon.seo

beacon.seo Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    maybe you could just create a blog for recipe and place you articles there. then link all keywords you want to link then submit to social bookmarking sites.

beacon.seo, Nov 3, 2009 IP
  18. ezbizblitz

ezbizblitz Peon

Best Answers:
    I've signed up with a CPA network. Can you help me too make my first $3K with it? What can you share?

ezbizblitz, Nov 3, 2009 IP
  19. anup.mahajan

anup.mahajan Peon

Best Answers:
    Write an article that is helpful to the users... Many internet marketers write with the sole intention of promoting their links.. This doesn't work.. You need to find out the problems, challenges faced by your target audience and then write an article that can help them with their problem.. However do not give the solution in the article.. You want to lead them to your link, so write your article and bio box in such a way that the people think that your link could help them solve their problem...

Hope that helps,

anup.mahajan, Nov 3, 2009 IP
  20. lindadougherty

lindadougherty Peon

Best Answers:
    Just like what everybody else said, Don't directly to stuff your article with the promotion of your site. Make your article more valuable to people. Placing your links in the article is not the proper way to do it. Use anchor text in the resource box, that's how it works. Don't push yourself too hard.. Hope this helps..

lindadougherty, Nov 5, 2009 IP