1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Best ways to get traffic for my blog

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by Noner, Nov 3, 2009.

Hello!

I've worked a bit with promoting websites, but I'm searching for new ways to promote my blog ( http://earnjustmore.com ). I've tried before atleast those ways:

1. Link building 2. Social bookmarks - tried to make some backlinks by submitting to directories, commenting other people blogs etc.

3. I've signed with Entrecard.com and using Blogexplosion.com and Blogcatalogs.com.

4. Used mouth by mouth advertising.

The question is, what else can I do?

Noner, Nov 3, 2009 IP
  2. usasportstraining

usasportstraining Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    There's a variety of things, but the most important thing is quality.

What is your blog about? Let's say it's about Hockey. Then find other sites about hockey, ie blogs, forums, websites and think about how you could get traffic back to your blog. Could you make an arrangement with other website (trade posts or something from another of your sites?)? Try to get a backlink via a signature, etc.

Also, make a Hubpage and Squidoo lens about your blog (see sig below).

Do a Press Release perhaps.

Make helpful posts in related forums and include your link in your sig.

usasportstraining, Nov 3, 2009 IP
  3. MikeBMB

MikeBMB Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    If you have a targeted blog for a specific audience you can use twitter to build a targeted following.

- Include a button on your website to follow you on twitter.

- Post quality content / links on your twitter stream

-If your followers like your content they will re-tweet it and it spreads virally - ad you will get more followers

- Embed a widget on your blog that shows your latest tweets. Visitors of your blog can see what type of content you publish without following you first.

- Announce updates of your blog via Twitter.

Over time you will build a nice list of highly targeted followers that you can can send to your blog whenever you posted something new or interesting.

MikeBMB, Nov 3, 2009 IP
  4. imacamper

imacamper Peon

Best Answers:
    This blog post lists 21 ways to generate traffic. I found it very interesting.

Cheers,

Drew

imacamper, Nov 3, 2009 IP
  5. Noner

Noner Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks for those tips.

I've never used Twitter for traffic as I don't really know what it does. Is it like facebook? The site suggest that you tell that what you're doing, but is it allowed to post links on the website?

Noner, Nov 4, 2009 IP
  6. alaika

alaika Peon

Best Answers:
    hey thnx, really i was searching for a one that could bring some traffic. i din chk yet, but thnx in advance!

alaika, Nov 4, 2009 IP
  7. ~kev~

~kev~ Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Video blog on sites like youtube. If your not video blogging, your falling behind your competition.

Youtube is one of my best sources of targeted traffic. While traffic from google has an average bounce rate of about 55%. Youtube traffic has an average bounce rate of about 18% - 28%.

~kev~, Nov 4, 2009 IP
  8. SheilaOcean

SheilaOcean Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks Imacamper for that post about the 21 ways to get traffic...i need traffic too, so I will try those. much appreciated!

SheilaOcean, Nov 4, 2009 IP
  9. mrdeflation

mrdeflation Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks for that link. I cant stand twitter and find it absolutely useless. Seems to me like a bunch of people just trying to sell stuff to each other. It could be a great resource but I guess you have to use it correctly. I have read on this forum more people who cant stand it than use it to their advantage. Thanks for the info!

mrdeflation, Nov 4, 2009 IP
  10. dreamview

dreamview Peon

Best Answers:
    Yes , Twitter is beneficial...
    But i don't think your mouth to mouth advertisement will not work !!!!

dreamview, Nov 4, 2009 IP
  11. SheilaOcean

SheilaOcean Peon

Best Answers:
    I use twitter, but not sure if i got any sales doing so....hard to really tell...but I like the group im apart of so I will stay there :)

SheilaOcean, Nov 4, 2009 IP
  12. zellandia

zellandia Peon

Best Answers:
    thx i will try it, hopefully have a good result

zellandia, Nov 4, 2009 IP
  13. imacamper

imacamper Peon

Best Answers:
    The key to Twitter is just like blogging. You have to provide useful content and build relationships!

Now it's hard to provide much in just 140 characters (or even less when you craft your tweets to be easily retweeted) but I try and post an attention getting tweet with a link for more info. Most of the links I post are to sites I don't own or have any interest but by doing so, it helps me build a following of people that are truly interested in my topic. And because they are interested, they will add me to a select group in their Twitter client so they really see my tweets. Because your tweets are valuable and interesting, they will click your links. They every now and then I slip in a link to my blog along with the other links. Because they are conditioned to clicking, you can drive them to your blog with this strategy. If your blog is good, may will sign up for your feed as well.

But like all of this, it takes work... There's no magic in Twitter. It's just another potential traffic source your can target.

You can check my Twitter page to see how I do it.

Cheers,

Drew

imacamper, Nov 4, 2009 IP
  14. tooslim

tooslim Peon

Best Answers:
    my favorite technique is video traffic from youtube like Kev said

tooslim, Nov 4, 2009 IP