1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Suggestion Reputation from the Moderators

Discussion in 'Support & Feedback' started by krkbkk, Oct 29, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
    Whenever we made a mistake, moderators come and catch us and give us a warning or an infraction.

But as a user, if we come across somebody creating some threads which are against the ToS of DP, we immediately report it to the DP through the Report Violation button.

I can see very rarely some moderators give us the reputation for informing DP about the violation.

Couple of weeks back I did reported a thread where a fellow user posted an affiliate link in his signature. I mistakenly thought affiliate links are not allowed at all. So I made the report to DP. But I got a warning from the modertor asking me to go through the rules! :mad: (Affiliate links are allowed in signatures!)

If I might have gone without reporting it to the moderator, then I might not received the warning, isntit?

So moderators issues warning to us while we made a mistake try to correct the fellow DP members.

At the same time, isntit the basic courtesy the moderators have to leave us reputation while we make correct violation report(s)?

Whatz all your opinion?

Hope a mod will not give me an infraction or warning to this post! :D

krkbkk, Oct 29, 2009 IP
  2. deluxdon

deluxdon Catch Me If You Can...!!!™ Staff

Best Answers:
    Thats not true.

We give Rep as well (sometimes) to members for reporting us posts which are against the ToS of DP. We can't do that all the time.

Above all we are always thankful to those members for reporting bad posts.

DON.

deluxdon, Oct 29, 2009 IP
  3. bluebelt91

bluebelt91 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    please note that something you think is against DP TOS.. may not be correct always.
    In this case mods decision will be final and we should respect it..
    I also reported sometime on certain topics and action has been taken..

bluebelt91, Oct 29, 2009 IP
    deluxdon likes this.
  4. dynashox

dynashox Premium Member Staff

Best Answers:
    Just as what deluxdon said, we do give reputation to members from time to time for their effort reporting post. But we don't need to publicly telling everyone that we gave reputation to others.

More threads/posts report mean more jobs for moderators. It just wasting our time to go through report posts which don't violate this forum rules.

Beside, you only receive a warning though and not an infraction. So next time you will fully aware what is allowed and what is not here.

- Dynashox -

dynashox, Oct 29, 2009 IP
  5. Digital_shubhi

Digital_shubhi Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    Well, you will get a reputation if you are reporting bad posts or threads regularly. :)
    I have got it several times ! :D

It doesn't means that you will report once and you will get a rep. :p

- Digital -

Digital_shubhi, Oct 30, 2009 IP
  6. chandan123

chandan123 Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    honestly dont expect rep and report :D just report the bad posts :)

chandan123, Oct 30, 2009 IP
    wisdomtool and deluxdon like this.
  7. Bohra

Bohra Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Most Mods dont give reps ... ONLY Mod I Know who leaves or from whom ive got reps for reporting purpose is Smyrl

For Normal reasons i have got repped from deluxedon and maybe even sawz dunno abt others but i guess mods are not to much into rep giving

Bohra, Oct 30, 2009 IP
  8. jhmattern

jhmattern Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    lol Shannon's definitely not the only one. But A) no one's going to be forced to give out reputation -- it takes too much time to sort through the stuff as it is, and that would increase the time significantly if we did it for everyone given how many threads are reported, and B) if you do waste our time by reporting people for breaking nonexistent rules b/c you don't know the rules yourself, then yes you'll possibly get an infraction or negative rep for it so you learn and don't keep doing it -- we get a lot of that, sometimes intentionally when people just want a way to attack competitors. But just like we don't always give positive rep for reports, we don't always give negative for the bad posts either.

Asking for rep is not allowed on the forum (it's rep abuse) for a simple reason -- rep is supposed to be entirely voluntary and not given under any kind of pressure. That includes rep from mods.

jhmattern, Oct 30, 2009 IP
  9. chandan123

chandan123 Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    :D i guess mods also have rep limitation quota :p so it may be difficult for them to give rep for each reported post / threads.

chandan123, Oct 30, 2009 IP
  10. Mobile-Monster

Mobile-Monster Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Why so serious about reps? A warning is nothing but a reminder to know the rules which eventually would make you a better "reporter" . Reps are completely voluntary so ...nothing to be asked for or expected IMO

Mobile-Monster, Oct 30, 2009 IP
  11. Love*

Love* Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    If I were that mod I'd do the exact same thing coz you just wasted my time. :)
    If you are reporting posts / threads, you should *at least* know the rules.. Otherwise I'd have to put you inside my "Annoying People" folder. :cool:

Love*, Oct 30, 2009 IP
  12. Helvetii

Helvetii Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I know it's none of my business but that ^^ got me curious. Do Mods see reports from people on their Ignore list? :)

Please ignore me if I'm being too inquisitive. :D

Helvetii, Oct 30, 2009 IP
  13. deluxdon

Best Answers:
    Actually its none of your business as you said :rolleyes:

DON.

deluxdon, Oct 31, 2009 IP
  14. mdvasanth86

mdvasanth86 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Don getting a lil aggressive of late ??? What happened ??:rolleyes:

I have received green reps from all the moderators who have posted here and few others as well.:cool:

JhMattern can never forget that post.;)

But there is one person who after becoming mod never gave me any reps.I am really disappointed and :(. Kero, you're a very good man.I'm not talking to you.

mdvasanth86, Oct 31, 2009 IP
  15. deluxdon

Best Answers:
    Maybe he/she remains very busy after becoming a mod. As said many times that we are very thankful to all who report us bad posts. We can't say thanks all the time due to work load.

BTW I am not getting aggressive lately :p

DON.

deluxdon, Oct 31, 2009 IP
  16. HJITechnologiesLLC

HJITechnologiesLLC Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Don't think that is true. I reported a post today, ended up back firing at me for some ridiculous reason and got myself an Infraction. For this purpose, Mods are not only discouraging people, but goes to show that help is not appreciated.

HJITechnologiesLLC, Oct 31, 2009 IP
  17. sawz

sawz Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    what backfired on you? you got an infraction today because someone reported you, not the other way around.
    and we do appreciate the help, no doubt about it, it would be so much harder without the help of members. whats discouraging is people who haven't the brain power to read the rules and abide by them. another thing thats equally discouraging is people to like who bitch and complain all the time. that really sucks.

now do you really want to keep whining about that infraction?

sawz, Oct 31, 2009 IP
  18. HJITechnologiesLLC

Best Answers:
    I'm not whining about my infraction. I'm pissed that my question wasn't answered, only was getting sidetracked and going to another direction. My current thread had nothing in relation to my previous thread.

I checked and the infraction wasn't for any point, so I could care less about it. Next time, mods should do some in-depth search and have a VALID reason for giving infractions, not just looking at reports blind folded and handing out infractions. As I've said before, I have seen you Mods ruin people's careers for simple mistakes a person may commit. I'm not going to bother saying anything anymore. So, I'm done. :)

19. sawz

sawz Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    really? thats not what you posted in another thread:
    they were for the same thing, you just dolled your new thread up a little.

sawz, Oct 31, 2009 IP
  20. HJITechnologiesLLC

Best Answers:
    Yes, I use it for a REFERENCE. They weren't the same. Granted that they were offering services, but I was offering rates, customer reviews and what not in my new thread, so how exactly is it the same? I'm sorry, but I only see you making excuses, not seeing any valid reason for deleting my thread and giving me an infraction.

I, honestly from now, for any Infraction that I may receive (I hope not), will be challenging it. It's the only way get you guys out and to use your own words to explain why the infraction was given in the first place. Right now, you guys blind folded give infractions, simply by just looking at the reported posts. That's not good practice. I honestly have a lot of respect for the mods on this forum, this includes you, but there is a fine line.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.