1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Anyone writing for constant-content?

Discussion in 'Copywriting' started by The Villa, Jun 1, 2009.

1. Zabrina

Zabrina Peon

Best Answers:
    Has anyone made any money out of constant-content?
    Yes, I've made a fair amount from it... enough to pay for my college textbooks and then some. I've been there since late May, and I've only been writing seriously for them since July and I'm already very happy with the site.

How easy or hard is it to earn from the site?
    If you're a decent writer, it's fairly easy. I've found it to be very easy, though I still get the occasional rejection. Review process aside, the process of selling is simple for a writer. You write an article on just about anything you want, submit it, wait for it to be reviewed, set your own pricing (a very big pro of this site, in my opinion), and that's pretty much it. =] CC will take care of attracting buyers, payment (and non-payment) issues, download issues, plagiarism, etc.

As for the review process... yes, it's strict, but it's fair. I used to have some serious issues with my pride getting in the way. >.> Then, I started setting aside rejected articles for a few days, rereading the rejection notice and the article, and noticing something very strange... the editor was actually right. o_o It has forced me to improve my writing, and I don't think that's a bad thing!

Also, check out the forums and post in the Rejections area if you get one that you're really not sure about. The editor will sometimes post a clarification that helps you figure out what was wrong with the article, or you'll get an offer from a CC veteran who help you proofread the article.

The editor (there's only one, as far as I know) has to review 100+ articles each day. When you think about how much work that really is, the rejection notices that are sometimes on the vague side seem a lot more reasonable.

What kinds of articles do publishers usually look for?
    I'm still experimenting with this one myself! However, I've noticed that business-related articles do well, as do "saving money" or "making money"-type articles. Think about the type of content people write... just about everything. Therefore, just about everything will eventually sell. The requests are a great way to get a feeling for what the most popular content is. Also, I keep an eye on the recently sold list to see what's selling right now.

Do you have any tips that you can offer for authors who wish to sell content on this site?
    1. Proofread. Proofread. Proofread. Put it aside for a day. Proofread again. I really can't say this enough!

2. Be prepared for rejections. I'm up to about 70 articles and I still get rejections here and there. Don't take them as a personal criticism, but as a sign that this particular article needs a little more polishing. Put it aside for a day or two before reviewing it, if necessary.

3. Keep a steady stream of articles coming. I try to submit at least an article a day, sometimes three or five or even more. Hint: private request articles get top priority in the review process, public requests come second, and everything else comes third. If you want quick gratification, keep an eagle eye out for notifications of new requests and write for them. If you keep a steady stream, you'll get a few notices (whether they are acceptance or rejection) each day.

4. Don't give up early. From statistics the site owners posted, as well as my observations, most authors give up after a couple of articles and never make much. The more you write, the more you'll sell... really, it's that simple! For example, I like to quote the statistic they compiled saying that if you have five articles or more accepted, you have a 97% chance of making a sale. Once you've passed 100 articles, you start making sales on a regular basis, as your articles attract attention to you and you see just how much you can make. I expect to have made $1,000 from Constant Content by the time I've reached 100 articles posted, and I'm well on-track towards doing so. =]

5. Use the forums. They're an incredible wealth of information! I've gained so much knowledge, including much of what I've said here, from spending a day or so reading over the old posts in all the forums.

And I'll stop now... I do have a tendency to ramble. =D But good luck in your CC writing! Send me a message if you need anything, I like getting new CC writers started (as you can probably tell). =]

Zabrina, Aug 22, 2009 IP
    PinoyEngineâ„¢ and SCLocal like this.
  2. Vichu1988

Vichu1988 Member

Best Answers:
    Yes, Sometimes It is difficult to sell your articles on Constant Creation, as they are strict with respect to grammar and stuffs. so you need to be fluent in your writing.

Vichu1988, Aug 22, 2009 IP
  3. taiko78

taiko78 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I just survey dailyarticles and it looks great.. Maybe I'll research it ..

taiko78, Aug 31, 2009 IP
  4. totaltalli

totaltalli Peon

Best Answers:
    I had published an article at dailyarticles. It got 'sold' in a couple of days but my account shows 'no sales made'. I wrote to them twice but there is no response. I would not really want to submit an article again.

totaltalli, Aug 31, 2009 IP
  5. bluemoon

bluemoon Peon

Best Answers:
    Hmm, I gather from your posts here that there are article writing sites that are more stringent than others and there are those which more relaxed in accepting job submissions. How much is the average turn around time for writing jobs in these websites?

bluemoon, Sep 1, 2009 IP
  6. Zabrina

Zabrina Peon

Best Answers:
    I'm not sure what you're asking, and of whom. If you're asking about CC, I've sometimes sold articles the same day I've posted them (I had one like that on Sunday), and sometimes the next day (one sold yesterday that was posted the day before), and sometimes a few weeks later. It's a great source of almost-passive income once you have the articles posted. :)

Zabrina, Sep 1, 2009 IP
  7. SwanWing

SwanWing Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I am into AC, but not much heard of CC... After reading your thread, I decided to give it a shot.
    I'll keep this thread updated on wats happening from my side :)

SwanWing, Sep 21, 2009 IP
  8. amarventris

amarventris Peon

Best Answers:
    ]

too fussy for nothing. well said.

c-c is the biggest waste of time for internet writers.

They are so unaccountable they delete members who chase after payments for published articles and duck communications.

The same amount of time spent at ac will yield solid income.

amarventris, Sep 21, 2009 IP
  9. David Kool

David Kool Peon

Best Answers:
    If that is your experience with CC that's too bad. We really try to communicate openly and honestly with all of our clients. Often clients that submit poor work and have their accounts suspended cite poor communication as the reason for their suspension. We have never not paid anyone or withheld payment for any reason. If anyone has any questions about the site and how to make money writing for us, please don't hesitate to get in touch.

David Kool, Oct 13, 2009 IP
  10. amarventris

amarventris Peon

Best Answers:
    nope. CC was a scam. I could give a seminar or court testimony whichever you prefer.

And those "policy responses"? Just part of the scam.

Funny how I'd had hundreds of clients sight unseen for about a decade paying for my work but constant content alone had a huge problem with my writing, payment, honoring bids, programming, and coordinating purchased articles with compensation. What kind of writing site gives away a scraped third of all articles to qualify for that article's submission?

A con.

So many glitches in the system the forum was a broken record of problems and complaints, and writers gave up, after they'd submitted free work of course. Keep that pay ceiling high, don't honor any bids then you never never never have to pay out. Gotcha.

good thing you blank anyone flaming you in the forum. Excellent liability control.

see you on 60 minutes.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 13, 2009
    amarventris, Oct 13, 2009 IP
  11. PhilipR

PhilipR Peon

Best Answers:
    Not defending CC, but if you are going to make such claims, you should have proof.

I take such posts with a grain of salt, until I see it with my own eyes.

PhilipR, Oct 14, 2009 IP
  12. peejaydee

peejaydee Peon

Best Answers:
    @ textczar.
    Your rant is out of order. I've been using CC for some time now and had many sales, making much more money than I would have trying to sell on forums or similar. I've tried writing for other sites like Helium and Shvoong, all of which I would say, are unreliable methods of making any money whatsoever for your efforts.
    My experience of those who have a downer on CC is that they are invariably incapable of meeting the high standard being set. I do occasionally get articles rejected but that's fine, as I need to maintain my own standards so I can continue to sell good quality articles at prices that are advantageous to me. CC's commitment to well-written articles is for the protection of the publishers: my customers.

peejaydee, Oct 15, 2009 IP
  13. Gwen78

Gwen78 Peon

Best Answers:
    I tend to agree. I've had positive experiences with CC and you do have to be on your game to do well with them. With that said, I still find that AC is a better total package for earning potential.

Gwen78, Oct 29, 2009 IP
  14. amyweber

amyweber Peon

Best Answers:
    If you decide to submit into AC, why not just sell your articles in DP buy&sell section?

AC usually pays you around $1.5 to $4.0, which you can sell to dp member and get INSTANT money.

amyweber, Oct 30, 2009 IP
  15. Ducati1198

Ducati1198 Peon

Best Answers:
    By publishing them with AC you also get long term monthly performance payments for your articles as well. Once you build up a substantial library of content, these performance payments can really add up. Also, the higher your page views, the higher your clout level rises. At a clout level 4-5 you start getting offered the $10-$25 Partner Call articles.

Over the last month or so, AC has only been taking 1-2 days in most cases to review and make an offer on your articles, so it's pretty close to being instant money.

Ducati1198, Oct 30, 2009 IP
  16. amarventris

amarventris Peon

Best Answers:
    those perf payments can be sweet when they get above $35 extra cash a month,

But anyone saying that cc pays is lying. being at the top of your game had nothing to do with it.

example: i can post stories on ac tonight they will gets bids and payments by end of week,

on cc you will never get a bid and be forced to expose the top third to scrapers

on dp you can post and sell.

amarventris, Oct 30, 2009 IP
  17. Gwen78

Gwen78 Peon

Best Answers:

I think you're right. Many people who approach working with Associated Content aren't looking at the big picture. After I started to put some effort into my page views, things started to snowball. I'm now getting the higher paying partner assignments and making a lot more than I ever did with CC.

Working on your page views is the most important thing if you expect to make good money with the AC platform.

Gwen78, Nov 4, 2009 IP
  18. Graphicsfx

Graphicsfx Active Member

Best Answers:
    The site is fine. People who say it has problems are mostly just not good enough to hack it there. Their editors do demand perfection but that just means you have to proofread your work. Big deal. I don't have problems with them.

It's always slow this time of year at any content site so keep that in mind. It picks up after school starts.

EDIT:

I don't know why people are saying they don't pay. They pay twice a month and I've never had a problem receiving payment.

Last edited: Aug 18, 2013
    Graphicsfx, Aug 18, 2013 IP
  19. Graphicsfx

Graphicsfx Active Member

Best Answers:
    Dailyarticle looks horrible...it's kind of hard for me to take them seriously. I might sign up, idk.

Their bouncerate is 59%. Don't see how they're making money.

Graphicsfx, Aug 18, 2013 IP
  20. ceebee

ceebee Active Member

Best Answers:
    Most websites have a bounce rate like that. 60% of the traffic is just bots, spammers, etc. IMO.

I think the thing to do is DECIDE how low you will go rate wise for writing an article that you took time to research, plan and execute.

My bottom line is $100 for 500 words. If you want to write for less, knock yourself out. I don't see it being sustainable. Not if you live in North America or Europe.

ceebee, Dec 8, 2013 IP