1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How to find domain owner's contact info? (Whois privacy)

Discussion in 'Domain Names' started by SunHunter, Oct 28, 2009.

There is a domain that I have a growing interest in for an upcoming project. The owner is not currently using it and it appears he made an attempt at a small commitment to it in the past but gave up and has been ignoring it. I would like to find out from the owner if he would be willing to sell it or not, but he has Whois privacy. I have tried to find contact info by looking up the name and such, but no luck.

Is there any way to contact the domain owner if there is Whois privacy on the domain?

Thanks

SunHunter, Oct 28, 2009 IP
  2. Bohra

Bohra Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Well the domain which has whois has a private email too try emailing to that address mostly it goes to the owner only whether they reply or not is personal choice

http://whois.domaintools.com provides a paid service for this it lets u see the old contact details but its paid

Bohra, Oct 28, 2009 IP
  3. SunHunter

SunHunter Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I have already used Whois (on Domaintools.com) but it just shows the Whois privacy e-mail, not the owner's e-mail. Is there any way to get his info without paying for that service? If I sent an e-mail to the Whois privacy e-mail, would they forward it to him? Probably not I guess...ugh.

4. codexehow

codexehow Peon

Best Answers:
    Hey...chances are good that they have listed the site with Sedo.com, if for nothing else then to collect some revenue from parking it.

codexehow, Oct 28, 2009 IP
  5. SunHunter

Best Answers:
    I have already checked if the domain was listed on any auction sites or forums, no luck. The domain is not in use at all, there is just a sloppy ad/parking page when you go to it.

Thanks

6. ghyper.com

ghyper.com Peon

Best Answers:
    whois.net is best i ever got

ghyper.com, Oct 28, 2009 IP
  7. Steve Powers

Steve Powers Peon

Best Answers:
    Can you find some details on that ad page?Make sure you haven't overlooked this point.

Steve Powers, Oct 28, 2009 IP
  8. ghyper.com

ghyper.com Peon

Best Answers:
    sorry.. I have been facing same issue.
    Ok all you have to do is that, Just go to whois.net and type domainthere.
    It will show Privacy protector mail, something @ name.com,
    Dont send mail because mail are bounced from privacy protector emails.
    just get the whois info of "name.com" domain, you will get the ip there. then go to some Ip whois, there you will get the registrar website, address etc ;) chill
    this is how I did once ;)

ghyper.com, Oct 29, 2009 IP
  9. ghyper.com

ghyper.com Peon

Best Answers:
    No they dont forward mails. all you have to do is that. Ask registrar to keep domain for you if owner dont renew it. In the only case you can get it, if domain gets expired and the owner dont renew it. try this

ghyper.com, Oct 29, 2009 IP
  10. saninfosys.com

saninfosys.com Peon

Best Answers:
    I suggest that check whois record of domain on domain's registrar website, it may be show actual owner contact details which domain's have Whois privacy. It is depend on domain registrar company.

saninfosys.com, Oct 29, 2009 IP
  11. htmlindex

htmlindex Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    You will never get the owners details, that's why they got Whois privacy. If you send an email to the one listed in the Whois, it will get redirected directly to the owners correct email address.

htmlindex, Oct 29, 2009 IP
    SunHunter likes this.
  12. Meninblack

Meninblack Peon

Best Answers:
    Just use WhoIS and you will find what you were looking for..

Meninblack, Oct 29, 2009 IP
  13. hostemo

hostemo Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Just try to look for their registrar, they might give you.

hostemo, Oct 30, 2009 IP
  14. GingerApple

GingerApple Peon

Best Answers:
    I've got privacy set up on some of my domains and I know there is an option where you can set up the address so that email is forwarded to you. Just so you know! :)

GingerApple, Nov 1, 2009 IP
  15. SunHunter

Best Answers:
    Problem solved. I found out you can go to a site which allows you to enter the domain and you can send an e-mail from there. It doesn't give the e-mail of the owner but it lets you choose what e-mail to send it to (admin, technical, owner, etc, based on Whois info) and if the person wishes to respond they will.

SunHunter, Nov 1, 2009 IP
  16. GingerApple

GingerApple Peon

Best Answers:
    Would you mind sharing this website please?

17. SunHunter

Best Answers:
    www.contactprivacy.com ...probably just for domains with Whois privacy where the Whois e-mail is , I don't think it will work for all Whois protected names.

Now, pray for a response...and pray it's not a huge company that owns it and just hasn't developed it. :D

SunHunter, Nov 1, 2009 IP
    GingerApple likes this.
  18. GingerApple

GingerApple Peon

Best Answers:
    Thank you. I wish you the very best of luck!

SunHunter likes this.
  19. tattoos

tattoos Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    As htmlindex has said, use the email in the whois database, it will be forwarded on to the domain owner.
    Any mail sent to example.com @ domainsbyproxy.com will be forwarded to the owner of example.com if they have their privacy with domains by proxy.
    You can also try sending an email directly to admin@ or webmaster @ example.com and see if it bounces back.

Cheers
    James

tattoos, Nov 2, 2009 IP
  20. ROOFIS

ROOFIS Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Sounds like you solved your dilemma and hoping you get a reply :) As Tatts is saying domain registers with the 'whois' guard will forward the email to the admin of the domain, any suffix emailed to the address in the privacy (xxxx@example.com) will redirect to admin contact via that registers redirect.
    Here's a zany trick to get the owners email outright though you need to be lucky in the sense that the owner just recently updated to privacy protection.

Simply google the domain name "example.com" with commas and look for bot sites like sitelogr.com or browserdefender.com and all the others you will see pertaining to report web statistics of the site in question. Now here's the lucky part some of these sites will show an old 'whois' with contact details in their metrics (a long with a bunch of popup's and ads :D) and quite often they don't update the details.

I had to write to browserdefender.com for example to get them to withdraw my details as I had applied for the 'whois' guard a month earlier. They still had my details there which considering the fact I had privacy setting added a month earlier was a privacy violation to me. Good luck and maybe you'll score the details of contact outright, here's hoping anyway.

ROOFIS:cool:

ROOFIS, Nov 2, 2009 IP