1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Horrible Bait and Switch Directory

Discussion in 'Directories' started by onlinedude, Aug 15, 2006.

1. jg123

jg123 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    compuXP you sound like kenni's 12 year old brother?

jg123, Aug 16, 2006 IP
    EveryQuery likes this.
  2. EveryQuery

EveryQuery Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Permanent listings do not necessarily equal low-quality.

Yearly listings do not necessarily equal high-quality.

Still not sure the reasoning behind this.

EveryQuery, Aug 16, 2006 IP
  3. DiscJockey

DiscJockey Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    The above post confused me a little. Can someone elaborate on it for me please. What exactly is good business? Something that is right but not what the majority wants? Then who will buy your product? the minority? :confused:

DiscJockey, Aug 16, 2006 IP
  4. munt

munt Peon

Best Answers:
    ofcourse!!!
    thats why people pay to be in a directory
    they want traffic and SE benifits
    honestly... people dont give two shits about the directory they pay to be in thats the directory owners and editors job..

people who pay for permanant links are looking for permanant links
    people who pay for banner advertising are looking for banner advertising

munt, Aug 16, 2006 IP
  5. iatbm

iatbm Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Man I am not after anything it is just funny that you have a supporter comuXP that calls all webmaster who paid you link listings jerks .... see the irony here ? ;)

iatbm, Aug 16, 2006 IP
  6. Daniel Malone

Daniel Malone Peon

Best Answers:
    Kenni, basically, you ought to do what you said you would do, give the people lifetime listings for the $5 (and they already bought them).

If you said you were selling $5 listings for a lifetime, people are buying $5 listings for a lifetime. That's that.

What is good busniess? Doing what you said you would do, basically. If you're know to be someone who cheats in deals, no one will buy from you, people will get very mad and talk badly about you, etc.

Kenni:
    OK, as I understand it, dre sent out an email saying "links are coming down". Webmasters who bought listings didn't like it. You said "because everyone is mad, and because of all the blog and forum posts, the listings are going to stay". You shoudn't put them back up because everyone wanted you to, you should have done it because that's what you said you would do. You were selling $5 lifetime listings, so you shoudn't have changed lifetime to 1 year. Don't understand it? Never mind.

Daniel Malone, Aug 16, 2006 IP
  7. wrmineo

wrmineo Peon

Best Answers:
    Your fellow DP members have repeatedly stated the issue was what we felt the action(s) was an underhanded, unethical and greedy move. Your defensive, and pointless jousts now only go to support the claims of unprofessionalism. No one, anywhere stated it was about not wanting quality; they wanted what was promised from the start. Some have even gone to great lengths to help and show ways to meet your needs with dealing with the spam and still maintain some level of "save-face" and now you spit in their faces by acting like this. WTF - have you joined the ShoutWire School of How to Act Immature and Piss Off People?

wrmineo, Aug 16, 2006 IP
  8. DiscJockey

Best Answers:
    Yep, I agree, and so I provided an alternative to those who were unhappy by giving them a full refund. I still didn't quite understand your previous post.

How will that exactly keep you in business if majority doesn't like it. :confused:

9. Daniel Malone

Daniel Malone Peon

Best Answers:
    Nevermind. :)

Actually the statement is probably wrong.

What I meant was if you're not cheating people, they'll probably like you and keep doing busniess with you even if it's just because you don't cheat.

10. munt

munt Peon

Best Answers:
    i still havnt recieved mine ;)
    ticket FDS-72238

munt, Aug 16, 2006 IP
  11. DiscJockey

Best Answers:
    I do agree with you and I am sorry. I'll try to be more serious about this situation as of now. But you must look at it from my perspective, what the directory team has done, I was happy with it. I thought many of you webmasters would have been happy with it because it should be clearing those nonsense websites off and give your websites a chance to glow. Instead, webmasters are complaining that it was the princible and the permanent links should remain, a small fee of only $5.00 has now been changed to $9.95 a year, is that too much to ask for quality links in return? Okay, It appears I was wrong about the decision (apparently). Every business does a mistake at one point, this seems to be iWEBTOOL's mistake.

Now, i've emailed everyone informing them their permanent directory listing will stay permanent and to compensate i'll be happy to supply them with a $3.00 for any new listings. And yet, no of you guys are happy? You guys are claiming that I am after more money? I have become Greedy?

I don't know what to do as of now. It seems to be that this an opportunity for all the little ones to attack iWEBTOOL for a mistake that has been changed. I've ensured all the services/tools and everything else on iWEBTOOL is free, I will ensure it remains free. The only thing that iWEBTOOL does charge for is any type of advertisement. Yet, after providing all the freebies.. I still got the horrible negative comments, accusations and claims.

Can someone tell me what I should do now?

Edit: I've just looked at my feedback received by members of this thread. I try to help webmasters by providing these services/tools on iwebtool for free. I make one change and I have become digitalpoint's most wanted? No-one came and asked me to clarify what is happening? Everyone just went ahead and gave me a bad reputation along with bad comments/feedback. Before iwebtool started, I hired programmers out of my pocket, I didn't make a dime on iwebtool then, and it is what it is now and I thank many of you guys here for that. But what has happend within the previous 2 days has sorter "hurt" me. This is practically my hobby, and the way I've been put down because of something that I thought would be making a better webmaster directory.

Edit 2: Apologize for my previous posts on this thread, I should have taken the situation more serious but like I said I was irritated about the whole drama (only in a small scale though). Sorry again.

Old Welsh Guy likes this.
  12. britishguy

britishguy Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Hey there is a possibility that this could be one of the busiest threads on DP

Today 4:29 pm
    148 2,215 Directories

britishguy, Aug 16, 2006 IP
  13. jg123

jg123 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Kenni why don't you just start a new "High Quality" directory on your site and charge whatever you want and accept only those "High Quality" sites and leave the other one the way it is? Your new directory will eventually get the PR and then you will be happy and so will all your old customers, the ones that made you successful.

good luck.

jg123, Aug 16, 2006 IP
  14. Daniel Malone

Daniel Malone Peon

Best Answers:
    How about just do what you said when people bought the links?

You're probably right.

15. munt

munt Peon

Best Answers:

just ride it out... reply to everyone here and any emails or pms you get
    too bad you didnt come here sooner and reply.. it just went to a mess with iwebtools mods posting unofficial messages percieved as official..

It WILL work out for you
    i KNOW iwebtool is a good site.. and the mods and admins are good people
    just always keep it professional.. tell your mods to always keep it professional also.. no matter what..[b/] even if someone calls you names or calls your site names...

the webmaster business is a very serious business with many "major players" behind each corner.. you never know who you are dealing with

munt, Aug 16, 2006 IP
  16. dre

dre Peon

Best Answers:

Indeed, Your right, but I had a decision to make and i made it

dre, Aug 16, 2006 IP
  17. iowadawg

iowadawg Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    I have read again the entire thread (fun to read), including my comments (which are now on a blog without my name attached).

Have to say, kenni and crew saw the light, and are taking care of business the right way.
    That is a big plus for them.

Hope I don't, and none of you, have to go through a brouhaha like they did.

Now, let us all get on with the business of business!

Kenni and dre, good luck in the future to you and your business.

iowadawg, Aug 16, 2006 IP
    wrmineo likes this.
  18. dre

dre Peon

Best Answers:
    dre, Aug 16, 2006 IP
  19. Obelia

Obelia Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I wonder what this thread will mean for other directory owners offering permanent listings? Nothing is permanent on the web: sites expire and change hands, databases get hacked or corrupted, people go out of business.

Is it even legal to offer a permanent listing, when it's very likely that "permanent" only really means a few years, certainly no more than 10?

Obelia, Aug 16, 2006 IP
  20. chulium

chulium Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    And do you know why? It's because you're all here whining and he's too busy replying to your complaints. Maybe if you just shut up for a while he might have a chance to deal with HIS site instead of posting here at DP.

chulium, Aug 16, 2006 IP