1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

I am a student. Is learning PHP good for future?

Discussion in 'PHP' started by bnbn1382, Oct 21, 2009.

I am a 9th grade student , started a website in 8th grade just for fun. At that time I did not know anything at all, but now I have basic knowledge about PHP and HTML.

I am planning to learn php on online free sites, because I think super beginning php classes in school are too easy for me. (If any site to recommend please tell me)

Well I was thinking at the same time. Will learning PHP help me in future?

Will the whole idea of Websites decline in future,( in 10~50years) and a new invention or a thing (jobs) get popular? I know for as now, Internets are getting hits, but I am not sure about the future. Will it be engineering for the future, or will Internet Industry actually grow more, and offer more jobs, and opportunities to success?

I want your opinions, because this really will help my future in deciding.

bnbn1382, Oct 21, 2009 IP
  2. mastermunj

mastermunj Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Learn Web concept.
    PHP is merely a language of several to do server side scripting. There are others like asp, jsp, c# and more..

More over, such s scripts run on server but what a browser understands is HTML, CSS, JAVASCRIPT.

Learn all the concepts and a better methods of implementing them, learning all scripting language is matter of mostly 1 month if done dedicatedly.

mastermunj, Oct 21, 2009 IP
  3. Webray

Webray Active Member

Best Answers:
    Hey man.

Learning PHP can change your reality.

I say just do it.

Webray, Oct 21, 2009 IP
  4. nessie

nessie Active Member

Best Answers:
    I second mastermunj. Try to get yourself well equipped with underlying concepts. Learning a language becomes much easier and you'll be amazed how efficient are your solutions, when you have a good grip on basics.

One such approach would be to get your hands dirty with old "C" - grand father of modern day langs. Go hard at it until you can convince yourself why a different way of thinking - object oriented programming is required. Then switch to Java. Learning PHP or other similar thing would be much easier and fun that way.

nessie, Oct 21, 2009 IP
  5. Bohra

Bohra Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Frankly currently PHP Languages is doing wonders on the net .. even facebook users php if u have the knowledge its a plus point for you

Bohra, Oct 21, 2009 IP
  6. Gungz

Gungz Peon

Best Answers:
    I think you should learn it because PHP is used worldwide and so many projects based on PHP. It can affect your future.

Anyway, just think of knowledge as wealth. Learn web programming language as many as possible while strengthening your logic and algorithm.

Gungz, Oct 21, 2009 IP
  7. bnbn1382

bnbn1382 Peon

Best Answers:
    Well I was thinking like this. In business class we learned like... how very successful people chose their path correctly.

For instance:

When cell phones were about to boom, this guy made cell phone company and made tons. But now.. its like average thing.

When site was about to boom, Elon Musk invented Paypal and sold it for like 1.5 mil or bil watever.
    Not many invested in internet but you know what i mean, those who saw the future like luck, got loads of money on their butt.

bnbn1382, Oct 22, 2009 IP
  8. JAY6390

JAY6390 Peon

Best Answers:
    the internet wont be going anywhere any time soon, and with the cost that stores face these days to keep in business, more are turning to the internet to cut as much costs as possible whilst maximising their revenue. If you have the determination and skill you will do well. You need to do as others have stated above and get your html/css basics before taking on php. Then from there you can develop and build yourself a portfolio you can use to get clients and earn some $$$ :)

JAY6390, Oct 22, 2009 IP
  9. mdrobiul

mdrobiul Peon

Best Answers:
    My opinions are same like them. follow them. but I want to add a little bit more.

for example, few years later you may get a laptop pc and it's monitor does not have a frame at all. some laser rays are making screen display. but the applications that you can see on your frameless monitor are using same C++ programming without any major changes. simple touch pad/screen replaced the mouse.

I mean that computer programming will not take big change. but computer hardware parts will take big change.

mdrobiul, Oct 22, 2009 IP
  10. bnbn1382

bnbn1382 Peon

Best Answers:
    Well I was thinking.
    Something like site template design, someone might invent some program that automatically codes for you, when you drag and drop etc.
    I need one of those, because I need to code a flash template, but I have no knowledge on Flashes.

I saw things like Wix, and I liked it, but you had to pay, and it was limited.
    In future you might not even have to know scripts :O or correct me wrong.

Like forum scripts, you do not have to manually add <br /> etc.

PS: If there is any program that is like Wix, and editable easily like fade in effects, sliding menu panels etc, please tell me. :( or else, I would prob have to learn that by myself lol too.

Also...
    If I were to have time about 3 hours every week to study for Internet Coding in General, how long will it take me to be like professionals that can probably make their own code scripts like Facebook? etc.

bnbn1382, Oct 22, 2009 IP
  11. few-questions

few-questions Member

Best Answers:
    Looking at it another way: It can't hurt you

few-questions, Oct 22, 2009 IP
  12. redhits

redhits Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Yes it's very good ;) you can do lot of money :)

maybe even buy a car when you will be 18 , and a nice house at 25 :)

maybe even become a millionaire if you will also learn marketing and create your own site :)

redhits, Oct 22, 2009 IP
  13. JAY6390

JAY6390 Peon

Best Answers:
    Look at it this way, the younger you learn the better. Having a programmatic mind from an early age will bring huge advantages to your programming as you mature. Have you noticed all the people that sold their companies for millions were in their late teens when they were a success (bill gates etc etc). A younger mind has fresher ideas, and as you mature, you can bring those ideas into fruition and get some great money for the work you do. Also with the internet so readily available its never been so easy to market your skills and products to a huge audience

JAY6390, Oct 22, 2009 IP
  14. winaso97

winaso97 Member

Best Answers:
    PHP+Javascript works great for me

winaso97, Oct 22, 2009 IP
  15. RichPirate

RichPirate Peon

Best Answers:
    PHP is great, but don't limit your self. You'll want to learn Python and C++ as well, especially if you are planing on getting a job as a programmer.

RichPirate, Oct 22, 2009 IP
  16. dhaval300

dhaval300 Peon

Best Answers:
    PHP is used worldwide and so many projects based on PHP. .............
    it is open source web technology........u can develop new ideas in it......very fast compare to any other web technologies.....It can affect your future.

dhaval300, Oct 22, 2009 IP
  17. shortcut

shortcut Peon

Best Answers:
    Learning php is good if you are planning to start web designing business

shortcut, Oct 23, 2009 IP
  18. shortcut

shortcut Peon

Best Answers:
    Or you can even design powerful online based softwares using php.

shortcut, Oct 23, 2009 IP
  19. LOD

LOD Member

Best Answers:
    the way PHP is heading, its gonna stay for a long long time... learning it is only prudent...

LOD, Oct 23, 2009 IP
  20. amol.gupta

amol.gupta Member

Best Answers:
    dont just limit yourself to php....
    go for javascript and ajax to create wonderful projects....

amol.gupta, Oct 23, 2009 IP