1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Dare I ask about your EPN EPC now QCP has gone live?

Discussion in 'Commission Junction' started by markowe, Oct 6, 2009.

1. markowe

markowe Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Yeah, you seem to have pretty much captured the logic of it all... I was pleased as punch today because my EPC went from 0.01 to 0.02 - oh joy inexpressible!

markowe, Oct 12, 2009 IP
  2. fr0gman

fr0gman Peon

Best Answers:
    I am sure PepperJam will be next.

This QCP is just another move toward the end of small to medium size affiliates. There is no place for anything other than big names under the eBy umbrella. First they cut the throats of the small sellers and that has turned the marketplace into nothing more than a watered down version of Amazon. Next they refused to acknowledge the errors in their tracking system and instead chose to terminate affiliates en mass. Those that managed to hang around for the past 12 months will be strangled with the new pricing format until there are nothing but big fish left. Then I am sure eBay will screw that up as well.

fr0gman, Oct 21, 2009 IP
  3. geomark

geomark Peon

Best Answers:
    I think a lot of people have already said this, but by eliminating all the small sellers they have killed what made them a success, a place you could buy and sell almost anything no matter how quirky it was. It is becoming a great big pile of commodity junk that's not fun for buyer or seller and no incentive to push as an affiliate.

geomark, Oct 22, 2009 IP
  4. bigmodo

bigmodo Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    whats EPN and QCP all about? Someone please help am lost here.

bigmodo, Oct 22, 2009 IP
  5. betteb

betteb Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Update:
    The first couple weeks of October, I got exactly $0, even though I'm sending them the same amount of clicks as last month... however, a few days ago, I started getting paid for the clicks I send them each day, and get this... I am already making more than 3 times what I made last month. Is this system weird or what? I have no idea how it works. I just know that I keep expecting them to say it's a reporting error and to switch the last few days back to $0. But we'll see I guess.

betteb, Oct 23, 2009 IP
  6. Kerosene

Kerosene Alpha & Omega™ Staff

Best Answers:
    Kerosene, Oct 23, 2009 IP
  7. mohms

mohms Active Member

Best Answers:
    I am doing about 50% better with the new QCP system. Looks to work just fine for me, for now.

mohms, Oct 23, 2009 IP
  8. thesilly1

thesilly1 Peon

Best Answers:
    Well, today is the end of the month and looks like I'm down $100 from last month. and about $50-$75 from the average month. Next month Christmas starts so all those clicks should be getting sales which 'should' drive the EPC up. but we'll wait and see how that works.

How'd others do?

thesilly1, Oct 31, 2009 IP
  9. markowe

markowe Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Yep, down 50%, not too happy. Will see how holiday season goes, but I am freezing any investment in EPN until I see what's happening.

markowe, Oct 31, 2009 IP
  10. thesilly1

thesilly1 Peon

Best Answers:
    I too have moved on at the moment. If things start to pick-up or I feel like a bit more torture I'll go back. :)

thesilly1, Oct 31, 2009 IP
  11. betteb

betteb Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    In October, I made 5 times what I did in September... have no idea how or why. Yet they didn't pay me anything for more than half of those days. I only got paid for certain days... go figure.

betteb, Nov 3, 2009 IP
  12. Pixelrage

Pixelrage Peon

Best Answers:
    I did great in October. Now, all of a sudden, my chart has dropped like a rock the instant November came. Literally... and my EPC is down to 0.03, aka the point where you could get banned....

Pixelrage, Nov 4, 2009 IP
  13. mohms

mohms Active Member

Best Answers:
    Interesting, same thing happened to me! It started about October 28th. It sucks. I am on track to do about 35-40% of what I did in October if this trend keeps up.

mohms, Nov 4, 2009 IP
  14. kidder

kidder Peon

Best Answers:
    I shut down my PPC ebay sites after Google came along an QS'd the hell out of them. We we making a few thousand per month from it. I just checked my stats and last month we made just over $200.. I've moved on to other things now. EPN sent me an email asking me what the problem was but I never bothered to answer it, the writing was on the wall once they left CJ. QS stands for "quick shaft" and it's pretty clear who pioneered this little trick.

Last edited: Nov 4, 2009
    kidder, Nov 4, 2009 IP
  15. mohms

mohms Active Member

Best Answers:
    That puts a smile on my face! Usually it is the other way around, with people complaining EPN won't answer their emails...

mohms, Nov 4, 2009 IP
  16. bidzapbiz

bidzapbiz Peon

Best Answers:
    baffling! are there some tech guys at epn who just spread out the daily budget between random people?

bidzapbiz, Nov 5, 2009 IP
  17. kidder

kidder Peon

Best Answers:
    Maybe a flag goes up when a publishers earnings take a major nosedive, from memory the way the email was worded they were aware it as a Google QS related issue. Change or die in this game.

kidder, Nov 5, 2009 IP
  18. mohms

mohms Active Member

Best Answers:
    They group low earning affiliates I believe. The way I understood it is this would happen to you if you only earned a couple of bucks a day, and they didn't have enough data to give you an accurate EPC.

mohms, Nov 5, 2009 IP
  19. Pixelrage

Pixelrage Peon

Best Answers:
    It keeps getting scarier. I went from $115-130/day and have now been pushing $20-30/day since November 1st... there is no way that things magically taper off once the 1st of the month rolls over...

Pixelrage, Nov 6, 2009 IP
  20. geomark

geomark Peon

Best Answers:
    Uh, why are you guys still freaking out over this? It's hard to let go, I know, but face it, you are getting screwed. Just move on to something that isn't such a scam.

geomark, Nov 6, 2009 IP