1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How to ge domain names for cheap?

Discussion in 'Domain Names' started by alex.ohc, Oct 20, 2009.

Hello friends, I am new to domain flipping. What i am doing is registering domains in namecheap and pushing it to buyers. It will cost around 8.71$ (after applying the couponcode)
    But i am really surprised to see that people are selling domains as cheap as 1$ in BST section. How is this possible? Are they getting discounts for bulk purchasing? or should try some other registrars like godaddy ?
    Please share your views.. Thanks.

alex.ohc, Oct 20, 2009 IP
  2. abdelmomen

abdelmomen Peon

Best Answers:
    I heard about yahoo small business and they offer a domains for only 2 pucks :)

abdelmomen, Oct 20, 2009 IP
  3. alex.ohc

alex.ohc Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    thank you for replying. I am looking to resell domains (Finding unregistered domains, registering and reselling for good $). So yahoo small business option willnt suits to my application :(

4. Steve Powers

Steve Powers Peon

Best Answers:
    Maybe you can try affiliate program of some famous domain registrars.Then you can be a reseller.But it'sll not
    that easy for you to gain much.So think it carefully before you do it.

Steve Powers, Oct 20, 2009 IP
    alex.ohc likes this.
  5. alex.ohc

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    okay.. thanks..ll have a look at that :)

6. hmansfield

hmansfield Guest

Best Answers:
    People who do that are just trying to get something for the junk that they don't plan on renewing. They are not making any money on them.
    You aren't making any money selling anything for $1. Even if you got it for free, $1 is hardly worth logging into your registrar to transfer it, but for some it's better than just letting them drop and not making anything, especially if you are trying to get rid of 50 or so.

There are many reasons that people have domains sitting around. Clients that stiffed them on web work. Got them in trade for services, and so on.

Most times those $1 domains will be expiring soon. Spammers will buy junk domains like that to build MFA's, Autoblogs, or use as spam email addresses. It is easier to buy a domain that has been sitting parked or on a junk website..at least it is indexed and you can get right to work.

hmansfield, Oct 20, 2009 IP
    alex.ohc likes this.
  7. alex.ohc

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Thank you hmansfield, this is the exact answer i was looking for :)
    Is that okay to purchase domains for 8.xx $ and pushing it? Or are they available for much more cheaper price..?

Last edited: Oct 20, 2009
  8. hmansfield

hmansfield Guest

Best Answers:
    I don't really know. $8 is a great price for a ".com". I don't think that you can register them much cheaper than that.
    ".info's" should be pretty cheap. I remember 1and1 having some good registration deals but I'm really not into it anymore.
    I generally only register a few at a time for projects or personal use and I'm happy with my registrar and host so $10 is not a bid deal to me and I generally only register ".com's"

From what I hear around here, Go Daddy, 1and1, and Namecheap have the best rates.

I would say just be on the lookout for deals, coupons and specials, people are always talking about them or giving out coupon codes here.

hmansfield, Oct 20, 2009 IP
  9. alex.ohc

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    thanks mate.. so i ll continue using namecheap with couponcodes. After seeing the 1$ thread, i thought i wasted money by sticking to NC :p

10. globegenius

globegenius Active Member

Best Answers:
    We offer free website, free hosting, free parking, free blogcast, free parked page for sale, free locking, free email, Free google adwords credit, discount bulk tranfers and free private registry if you buy more than 5 at a time.
    Also if you buy extra products you can buy domains for 1.99 with no limit. Your domains are seen on the internet in seconds. We are not quite as cheap as G*daddy for as single domain but we offer alot. The control panel is easy to use as well.
    Also free forwarded with masking. And even more. Pretty hard to go wrong. If you have used anyone else you'll be surprised how fast your domain will appear on the internet.
    24/7 support, State of the art servers.
    Our avatar tells where to find us. Brand new hosting and its smoking hot fast.

globegenius, Oct 20, 2009 IP
  11. Ckabayan

Ckabayan Peon

Best Answers:
    if you have limited fund, i suggest u to use co.cc free domain ..........

Ckabayan, Oct 21, 2009 IP
  12. namoffer

namoffer Peon

Best Answers:
    Yes $8 is a normal price.
    Personally I get to have a less expensive promotion with godaddy and 1&1 (I counsel you)

Last edited: Oct 21, 2009
    namoffer, Oct 21, 2009 IP
  13. alex.ohc

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    i never tried godaddy.. their checkout is creepy and confusing.. once i tried to register a domain, but their messy features, made me quit. :eek:

Last edited: Oct 21, 2009
    alex.ohc, Oct 21, 2009 IP
  14. Dhaval1983

Dhaval1983 Peon

Best Answers:
    I got the same feeling. Godaddy's checkout is a big mess including their various offers. That is why I hate godaddy. I would rather prefer to use name.com

Dhaval1983, Oct 21, 2009 IP
  15. chandan123

chandan123 Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    try name.com very fast interface ( some time they offer 5.99$ promo for .coms during some events. fridays ).

chandan123, Oct 21, 2009 IP
    alex.ohc likes this.
  16. alex.ohc

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    thats new for me... thank you for sharing.. Like you said, their interface is really good! :)

alex.ohc, Oct 21, 2009 IP
    chandan123 likes this.