1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Seller not responding, should I file a dispute?

Discussion in 'Payment Processing' started by gabae, Oct 20, 2009.

Hi, so I'm new at this ebay thing.
    I bought an item from a seller at Ebay. She has 99% positive rating, and I saw she had a daily positive feedback from her buyers who is satisfied with delivery, communication, etc.

I completed my payment through paypal (e-check) on 12 October, and she received payment on 16 October. But during that time, I have sent emails asking her about shipping, tracking, etc. She didn't reply me, so I thought that maybe after my payment was cleared she would reply me.
    So after 16 october I sent few more emails asking her this and that (product, shipping, tracking,etc). But I still receive no response.
    I am a little worried right now, and I noticed that she has 1 or 2 buyers complaining about never receiving their items but other than that the feedbacks was all great and positive.
    Should I file a dispute through paypal right away? Or should I wait 14 days?
    This seller is located in South Korea, and I'm in US. And she did post on her webpage that for international shipping, it will take about 4-14 business days.

But I have repeatedly send emails and receive no response. I sent messages through ebay, send emails through paypal, and nada.

So help me out guys, what should I do now? Should I file a dispute today?

gabae, Oct 20, 2009 IP
  2. jestep

jestep Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    What are the delivery terms? 16th was Friday, so it wouldn't be uncommon to ship on Monday. I would hold off until 22nd or 23rd before filing a claim. If there's 99% feedback and nothing really alarming on the recent transactions, there's probably an explanation for it. If you get concerned, file the claim. You don't have to escalate it to a dispute from the start. A claim usually gets somebody's attention.

jestep, Oct 20, 2009 IP
    Feizar likes this.
  3. gabae

gabae Peon

Best Answers:
    On her webpage she said that standard intl shipping would take about 4-14 days. It's just that she never reply to any of my emails, and I'm asking nicely about it not rude or anything.

A claim? is that on paypal or ebay?

Thanks for the reply btw :)

gabae, Oct 20, 2009 IP
  4. iamjandermile

iamjandermile Peon

Best Answers:
    I saw try and contact her and Wait another day, after that point I saw do it.

iamjandermile, Oct 20, 2009 IP
  5. nowimhere

nowimhere Active Member

Best Answers:
    File a dispute or just send item back.

He will have to refund you.

nowimhere, Oct 20, 2009 IP
  6. jestep

jestep Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    It's through Paypal. You can file a claim first, and then the seller has time to respond. If they don't or you don't like the answer you can escalate it to a dispute which will get you your money back.

jestep, Oct 20, 2009 IP
  7. ryan-isra

ryan-isra Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Yeah, open a dispute and probably she will get back to you sooner.
    I guess the seller is using dropshipping, while she hasn't get info from dropshipping provider, she won't reply your e-mail. If in case she's on holiday, you can close the dispute later.

ryan-isra, Oct 20, 2009 IP