1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Scammed twice by Yahoo.

Discussion in 'Yahoo' started by Jack Zero, Oct 19, 2009.

We all know about the first misleading scam yahoo pulled when they increased their domain hosting fees from $9 to $34 per year. Sure they sent you an email to your rubbish Yahoo e-mail address which you never check but what does that help? Many people noticed the credit card charge before the e-mail.

Today I was scammed by yahoo yet again! A week after transferring my domains from yahoo to GoDaddy I was surprised to see yet another $34 charge from those f***ing pigs.:eek: They did sent me a confirmation e-mail to say my domain was successfully transferred but still charged me after the transfer was complete. Reason: "We do not automatically cancel your plan when you transfer your domain. To cancel your plan and terminate any future billing, please sign in to your account...bla bla click cancel plan"

O my f**ing god I can't believe this company. I so hate them now I will never ever go near their site again. I will stab myself in the eye with a hot iron before giving them $0.0001 in my life.

Sure you can say it's all my own fault and that's ok. It won't return any respect I had for "the pigs". So if you don't want to pay 3 times the price for domain hosting and potentially get charged several times for the same thing, make sure to transfer out of and "cancel your plan" at yahoo before you too waste hundreds of dollars on bad rubbish. Telling the bank "it wasn't me" fingers crossed.:cool:

JZ out!

Jack Zero, Oct 19, 2009 IP
  2. TheVccMatey

TheVccMatey Peon

Best Answers:
    That's a pity! Can't you talk to your credit card company?

TheVccMatey, Oct 19, 2009 IP
  3. infotech rules

infotech rules Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Thats awful. How could they do that for just transfer of domain.? It is really useful piece of information. Sorry Dude..

infotech rules, Oct 19, 2009 IP
  4. kind_of_the_cash

kind_of_the_cash Active Member

Best Answers:
    Yeah call your card company and ask for charge back immediately...

kind_of_the_cash, Oct 19, 2009 IP
  5. gameutopia

gameutopia Peon

Best Answers:
    if anyone is stupid enough to give yahoo that kind of money for piss poor hosting then you ought to be stupid. Yahoo hosting is a pile of crap and isn't worth using it if it were free. I can't imagine paying the $9 you talk about not to mention $34. You can't do jack with yahoo hosting, almost pushing the godaddy category. Why would you not switch on out of there in a heart beat. You can almost get vps for $34. Bottom line is crappy yahoo hosting is not worth $9 even not to mention anything else. Get out of there as fast as you can.

gameutopia, Oct 19, 2009 IP
  6. Ibn Juferi

Ibn Juferi Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Its because your "eye with a hot iron" see this 1-year term: $1.99 (special discount for new customers only) and then after newly 1 year your ""eye with a hot iron" forgot to check email to shut off the deal, I nearly face the same incident, but my "eye with a hot iron" always more alert...

Ibn Juferi, Oct 19, 2009 IP
  7. linkfrommysite

linkfrommysite Peon

Best Answers:
    God .. Stay AWAY FROM YAHOO!!!!!!!!!

linkfrommysite, Oct 19, 2009 IP
  8. Jack Zero

Jack Zero Peon

Best Answers:
    No thanks buddy:rolleyes: Try paying for advertising, works better. I use Ace-host.net for hosting.

It was not for hosting anyway! Only for domain parking and the price is per year so it's not really that much. I only hate the tactics yahoo uses to get an extra billion or two from their customers and I only used them in the first place because GoDaddy has such a crazy scammy looking website.

It's all sweet now and I'll get my money back from my credit card company. At times like these I'm glad I don't live in the US because the companies there seems to have the greed fever bad bad bordering on India:D

9. Trapped

Trapped Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    You were not scammed. Their reason is COMPLETELY right, a HOSTING account not necessarily has to be CONNECTED to your domain. Don't bash on them, bash on yourself that you FORGOT to cancel your hosting account as well.

Trapped, Oct 19, 2009 IP
  10. snowbird

snowbird Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I fell for that domain bait and switch scheme. I was fortunate though. I initiated transfer of the domains and revoked Yahoo!'s ability to charge my PayPal account. Those thieves make it utterly impossible to remove a payment option, or at least was the case when it happened to me. A lot of people got caught up in the mess.

If you live in the USA, file a BBB complaint. Yahoo! is a member and agrees to arbitrate such claims. You can get your money back and leave a black mark on Yahoo! at the same time. Also a note to the FTC would be useful as you can file complaints online about their bait and switch and other schemes.

Yahoo! has stooped to such low levels to use well designed schemes to make a buck. It's a last ditch effort by a company that is going down in flames, and leaving a lot of unhappy customers behind that will never spend a penny with them again.

snowbird, Oct 19, 2009 IP
  11. mixing

mixing Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I have heard numerous stories like this about Yahoos small business solutions. This is exactly why I dislike them and have never used them other than for the YPN pay-per click campaigns. It sounds like they just continue to cheat and screw their customers over...

mixing, Oct 19, 2009 IP
  12. indrazz

indrazz Peon

Best Answers:
    is it really from yahoo??

Ow.. this is good info for people who wan to reg a domain at them, check and recheck their TOS first..

Last edited: Oct 19, 2009
    indrazz, Oct 19, 2009 IP
  13. crystalq

crystalq Active Member

Best Answers:
    Hmm that's so not cool, that's why I stick with the best.

godaddy, namecheap & name.com

crystalq, Oct 19, 2009 IP
  14. epikpoker

epikpoker Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I am a huge fan of namecheap.com too, never used name.com though, whats it like?

epikpoker, Oct 19, 2009 IP
  15. tzau

tzau Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    How could they charge you for a domain they don`t even host any more?

tzau, Oct 19, 2009 IP
  16. alistair80

alistair80 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    What are you talking about? It's an error on part of the subscriber (= OP)!! ANY other hosting provider would have done the same thing...Yahoo didn't scam him! HE probably didnt read the terms of service regarding the functioning of his account...It's like going beyond your credit card limit and the saying, "those f###ing pigs charged me for overdraft!"

Last edited: Oct 19, 2009
    alistair80, Oct 19, 2009 IP
  17. Clobbersaurus

Clobbersaurus Peon

Best Answers:
    Did you even try and deal with Yahoo CS? I was billed for their "ad words" service because I couldn't find where I could change the billing type off of pre-pay. They refunded my CC after a single email.

Clobbersaurus, Oct 19, 2009 IP
  18. Jack Zero

Jack Zero Peon

Best Answers:
    No that's fine. Google has already refunded me several times over through their Adsense program :p I won't be contacting or going anywhere near yahoo again. To me they are no better or more useful than the dead hedgehog in the road outside my house. RIP my little friends

19. nooneisperfect

nooneisperfect Peon

Best Answers:
    yahoo want to be the no one but if he does like this all will hate its services so who will are for it ? no one will take yahoo hosting i think do now i read this info and i will surely not take yahoo domains any ways

nooneisperfect, Oct 19, 2009 IP
  20. Traffic-Bug

Traffic-Bug Active Member

Best Answers:
    Leave a bad review in sites like ratepoint, merchant circle, and other customer review sites regarding the exprience you faced. Might help other people. Since this is about web hsoting you may want to give down thumbs to that particular company in web hosting review sites.

Traffic-Bug, Oct 19, 2009 IP