1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

What's all this upsell and backsell terms used in CB? How does this help income?

Discussion in 'ClickBank' started by dimmoneycash, Sep 26, 2009.

Hi everyone,

I have found that some CB sites have 'upsell' and 'backsell'. What do these terms mean and how are they beneficial to a publishers income?

Thanks!

dimmoneycash, Sep 26, 2009 IP
  2. Skagenweb

Skagenweb Guest

Best Answers:
    Upsell means adding more products, upgrades, addons etc to the original purchase so the person pays more.

For example, my product Phone Number Scan has membership for tracing phone numbers but for additional $5.95, users can protect their own phone numbers from searches.

Skagenweb, Sep 26, 2009 IP
  3. indianman

indianman Peon

Best Answers:
    Hey thanks to tell me about that i was also not knowing about upsell,

Can you tell from where i can find more details about that.

Thanks

indianman, Sep 27, 2009 IP
  4. bish67

bish67 Peon

Best Answers:
    How can you set up upsells for your products with clickbank & how do affiliates get paid for upsells?

bish67, Oct 17, 2009 IP
  5. TigerPublishing

TigerPublishing Member

Best Answers:
    Upsells are just more products in your vendor account. Go to your products page and add some more. Then include sales copy and links to purchase those products in your download page just like you would for your original first product.

TigerPublishing, Oct 18, 2009 IP
  6. bish67

bish67 Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks, here's what i really want to do, I want to have my front end product as a free to download ebook which will contain a link to a paid product.
    I'd like the affiliates to give away the front end product and receive credit for the back end/upsell/paid product. Is this something i can do with clickbank?.

Thanks,
    Mark

bish67, Oct 18, 2009 IP
  7. TigerPublishing

TigerPublishing Member

Best Answers:
    Mark,

Each PDF freebie your customers download needs to be branded with the hoplink of the affiliate doing the promotion. Luckily, there are various tools for creating rebrandable PDFs. Search this forum and the web for rebrandable PDFs and see what you come up with.

The basic plan would be that your affiliates download a template PDF, rebrand it with their affiliate ID (ie insert their ID into the PDF), then distribute it. Now the links contain their ID thanks to the rebranding, they'll get credit for any sales of your product.

TigerPublishing, Oct 18, 2009 IP
  8. bish67

bish67 Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks
    I'll look in to that.

bish67, Oct 25, 2009 IP
  9. petulajuday

petulajuday Peon

Best Answers:
    Upsell is adding new products or making upgrades, or you can say the more new products that are added to the vendor account.

petulajuday, Oct 26, 2009 IP
  10. mikeyman120

mikeyman120 Peon

Best Answers:
    An example of an upsell is when you click the order button and instead of going to checkout you go to another page that offers you upgrade(s) for more money. Lets say you order a video course and then you click order and they tell you they have 2 other levels to the video course like advanced and expert. The options that lets you order 2 levels of the video course or 3 levels would be called upsells which means more money for the vendor and affiliate.

Mike

mikeyman120, Oct 26, 2009 IP
  11. web_18designer

web_18designer Peon

Best Answers:
    Actually cb have functionality to add upsells automatically as part of their checkout system (not just adding an extra product and linking it from the thankyou page) but only top publishers have this available

web_18designer, Dec 21, 2010 IP
  12. Franck S

Franck S Peon

Best Answers:
    This is the exact definition for upsell.

As for backsell, known as backend, these are all the products in the vendor's sales funnel (sold either by email or calling the prospect).

My advice: choose affiliate programs where you are paid on frontend sales (the original product you are promoting) as well as the backend sales.

Regards.
    Franck

Franck S, Dec 22, 2010 IP