1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Can Squidoo really help us raise up our website ranking

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by teohcl, Oct 15, 2009.

Im using Squidoo for a while and I don't really see any of the result, can someone from here tell me who to use Squidoo to improve our ranking? Please help. Thanks

teohcl, Oct 15, 2009 IP
  2. clickobey

clickobey Peon

Best Answers:
    I like to use squidoo but only as part of the system in a "link wheel" using various sites/services like squidoo, hubpages, blogger and so forth to target keywords and in bound links to the pages you are promoting. Put unique quality content on your lenses and use them in conjunction with other networks and it can definitely help ranking over time.

clickobey, Oct 15, 2009 IP
  3. anmitrad

anmitrad Guest

Best Answers:
    I was setting up my first squiddoo account earlier, as heard it could be good, but have put it on hold as was confused aobut the 'Lense' thing

Can you have mulitple 'Lenses' on an account ?? as it said something about not being able to change and update your URL..so i didn't want to get stuck with something i made up,just trying to setup my account, which isn't targetting the market i am interested in ??

thanks

anmitrad, Oct 16, 2009 IP
  4. elitesystem

elitesystem Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Hey, I will try to answer your questions :). Yes, you can setup tons of lenses in your 1 account. If you have lenses are a year old or not updated often then it might become nofollow or also can get deleted. You cannot updated your URL but you can edit the rest of the lens. For getting a new url, you can create a new lens. You can create lenses on any niche but avoid gambling, adult and health related (supplements, acai etc) . I hope i have answered your questions. Good luck

elitesystem, Oct 16, 2009 IP
    snowbird likes this.
  5. DollarsComeEasy

DollarsComeEasy Peon

Best Answers:
    Use linkwheels and use squidoo as one of them.
    But what do you mean, are you expecting 1 Squidoo lens backlink to boost your website?

DollarsComeEasy, Oct 16, 2009 IP
  6. anmitrad

anmitrad Guest

Best Answers:
    I've not heard of linkwheels, will have to check that one out...
    Is it a case that there are TOO many tools, and it's finding a selection which you can get to work most efficinelty for driving traffic to your site(s).

What kind of setup do you use ??

anmitrad, Oct 17, 2009 IP
  7. hostmilitia

hostmilitia Peon

Best Answers:
    Yes, I agree completely. Use linkwheels, and multiple accounts to get targeted backlinks from different class-c IP addresses. Use sites such as squidoo.com, betterbloggs.com, wordpress.com, hubpages.com to build up links from different IP addresses.

hostmilitia, Oct 17, 2009 IP
  8. tanzania

tanzania Peon

Best Answers:
    I find that they're good for indirect traffic - the articles get ranked quickly for long tail phrases (compared to a new site you might be promoting) and as long as the article has good calls to action to your site, you will get the traffic (albeit a lot less than if your site was ranking for that phrase itself)

tanzania, Oct 17, 2009 IP