1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

What is the going rate for writing articles?

Discussion in 'Copywriting' started by slickazsilk, Jun 9, 2009.

1. PhilipR

PhilipR Peon

Best Answers:
    jhmattern, I'm curious...what do you say to potential clients if they question your rate for a short 500 piece?

Last edited: Oct 14, 2009
    PhilipR, Oct 14, 2009 IP
  2. jhmattern

jhmattern Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    It very rarely happens (because I post my rates publicly, potential clients who can't afford them simply don't contact me). In one of those rare instances, I just refer them to another writer who might be willing or able to work within their budget.

jhmattern, Oct 15, 2009 IP
  3. internetauthor

internetauthor Peon

Best Answers:
    Or you tell them to get over it. LOL J/K. The few times I've had someone try and convince me that they shouldn't pay my rates tend to get an earful. I usually convert about half of those into clients impressed by the my powers of conversion. *wink*

Rebecca

internetauthor, Oct 15, 2009 IP
  4. jhmattern

jhmattern Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    Yep, that works too. I find that the blunter I am about my rates being fair and them being welcome to go elsewhere, the more likely it is the client will come back at some point down the road willing to pay them anyway.

jhmattern, Oct 15, 2009 IP