1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Feature Premium Membership...

Discussion in 'Support & Feedback' started by digitalpoint, Oct 9, 2009.

1. Helvetii

Helvetii Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I suggest that there be a unique color for Premium BST listings too, the current Green Text on dark green background does not stand out as it should.

[​IMG]

Helvetii, Oct 13, 2009 IP
  2. mdvasanth86

mdvasanth86 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Looks okay to me.

probably the best choice with what is available.You don't want to use Turquoise blue & crimson red there.

mdvasanth86, Oct 13, 2009 IP
  3. digitalpoint

digitalpoint Overlord of no one Staff

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Yeah, of course it's not for everyone (it would be pointless if it was so cheap everyone bought it). But for many, even one of the benefits of premium membership is worth the price. People who sell in B/S/T get their sale threads highlighted as well stickied at the top (which equates to more sales for them). Other people have mentioned they bought it solely for the PM box able to store 5,000 PMs and store them longer. People selling their signature links see a benefit as well I think considering some are selling *one* of their signature links for $100+/month, so them having 2 extra signature links is probably worth it to them as well. But also... there will be future benefits as well, just have not been developed yet, which will make it worth it to another group of users. But in the end, you don't *want* everyone (or even the majority of users) to be premium members.

Are you kidding me? You don't notice something unique about those threads immediately? lol

Last edited: Oct 13, 2009
    digitalpoint, Oct 13, 2009 IP
  4. Helvetii

Helvetii Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Sorry, I made a typo in the previous post, I meant to say can we have a differnt *text* color which stands out on the dark green background texture?

Helvetii, Oct 13, 2009 IP
  5. HJITechnologiesLLC

HJITechnologiesLLC Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I'm lol'ing at those who are complaining about the price. It's WELL WORTH the price, I bought it monthly to test it out, but since I love it so far, when the due date comes around next month, I will buy it yearly.

HJITechnologiesLLC, Oct 13, 2009 IP
  6. funkymario

funkymario Notable Member

Best Answers:
    it's not really valuable for Serious services shawn, for example, it took me 1 and a half year to build my LINK Baiting service thread : http://forums.digitalpoint.com/showthread.php?t=926483 , now it doesn't really matter if the thread is highlighted, BOLD, Pink or blue. i didn't get a single project to work on since the sorting system changed, so i recently just closed the thread and started doing business in other webmaster forums. I would certainly buy it if premium threads (threads made by premium members) gets back to the top when someone writes a review of your service in your thread, that's the only feature which can justify 25 dollars per month for me. such feature would be really appreciated.

funkymario, Oct 13, 2009 IP
  7. TikTok

TikTok Peon

Best Answers:
    Wow, premium bumping!

I hope that would never be something we would consider. Not only would you piss off every regular member, you'd probably piss off most of the premium members. Mind you, I'd be more than happy to give premium infractions to the premium bumpers.

TikTok, Oct 13, 2009 IP
  8. dcristo

dcristo Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    Why not link to the dp thread in your signature?

dcristo, Oct 13, 2009 IP
  9. funkymario

Best Answers:

Not at all, IN warriorforum they have paid bumps, and it's working fine for them, there is no point in preventing people from building a Long and Lasting Business in digitalpoint, the warriorforum is growing everyday, Meanwhile digitalpoint lost 10 000 Active members in a few weeks, (the number was 73 000 before the changes IN bst, and now it's 63 000 and falling), plus i was talking about adding a "review" MOD not "bumps", you are a writer you should grasp the difference..

also there is no Need to be aggressive my friend, we are trying to have a constructive discussion HERE, so let's just have a friendly attitude because if you treat your members like s***, there will soon be no members to moderate :)

I tried that during 2 months and i was answering questions everyday in the SEO, Link Building and Google sections. but i didn't get a single order.

talismanclick likes this.
  10. digitalpoint

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Actually, 10,000 "active" members were all the spammers and duplicate accounts we decided to actually delete vs. just ban and leave them in the system. Notice there are 316,644 members right now, but the newest member ID is 350,016... about 34,000 accounts that were deleted/purged from the system. :)

On some days when I'm doing a bigger (than normal) sweep, we have negative number of members sign up that day. We delete more than sign up. http://www.big-boards.com/board/1676/ First week of August we had a net loss of 22,500 user accounts. :)

If you measure traffic (by any measurement), it's up since the change. Overall traffic to the site, traffic to just B/S/T, based on bandwidth used, based on Google Analytics, based on Alexa, etc...

11. funkymario

Best Answers:
    alright, that's very good to hear, i was worried for a while, i am kinda addicted to DP even when there is no money involved :D, now, how about a "review" MOD shawn? or you know, how about any solution (paid or free) which will prevent Legit Services from dying like what happened with me .?

12. MhW

MhW Active Member

Best Answers:
    Shawn, just out of curiosity what does vBulletin constitute as an "Active Member" ?

MhW, Oct 13, 2009 IP
  13. digitalpoint

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    A registered user that's done something in the last 90 days.

14. TikTok

TikTok Peon

Best Answers:
    When you earn the respect, you'll get the respect.

You have a recent history of griping and complaining, and you're having a particularly difficult time letting go of the bumping issue. Constructive discussion is fine, but your passive-aggressive commentary is less than desired.

TikTok, Oct 13, 2009 IP
  15. funkymario

Best Answers:
    sames goes for you. i will respect what you have to say when you offer me a solution or convince me that you are right instead of telling me to shut up, the fact that i don't agree with something that you said doesn't make us enemies, if i was a Moderator i would defend your right to express your opinion even if i don't necessarily agree with you. i expressed my concerns about only one Issue since a joined DP 3 years ago, that doesn't qualify as "A history of complaining" by any stretch of the English language, now i was just suggesting a "review" mod because i think it would be useful for both the service providers to have more visibility (their threads gets back to the top when someone write a Review) and for the buyers to be able to "FIND" and recognize legit services from bad services and scams.

16. Scriptona

Scriptona Notable Member

Best Answers:
    How do you see the relationship between the traffic increase and the changes in BST?

I see that the changes may have done a tweak in spam busting but I see it affected the sales for many sellers in a bigger way. So in order to kill spam you took many good stuff in the way. Threads now have much shorter lifespan. You post a sales thread to get exposure for few hours maximum one day then nothing. You just have to open a new thread and start over.

No one keeps progress with something as before, You can't read a lot about a hot selling product anymore. Hot products used to have +10 pages but not anymore.

Buyers get confidence when they see previous posting their reviews about the product/service. But this is not possible after the changes that have been made.

Every new post in a thread means more interest. You should find another way to eliminate spam. Add more mods if this will help or increase the ban days to make the punishment more powerful.

Scriptona, Oct 13, 2009 IP
  17. TikTok

TikTok Peon

Best Answers:
    Stretching the English language is more like when someone butchers it when they take creative liberties in their paraphasing, for example, attributing words to someone that they haven't written like: "telling you to shut up", or calling us "enemies". If you're going to quote someone, use their words, not your own.

There's really nothing to separate a legitimate product from a bogus one when you can ask someone for a good review in exchange for a free copy or sample of your product or service. I've banned enough shillers in this forum to recognize members who get their friends to write fake reviews, members who pay others to write positive reviews, and members who create duplicate accounts in order to praise their own "legit" service. And when all that fails, the OP just makes a timely "thank you" post to bump their thread back into the limelight.

A mod review plugin that could instantly bury a bogus product or service would be tens times more useful than one that bumps it up.

TikTok, Oct 13, 2009 IP
  18. funkymario

Best Answers:
    TikTok, i had the impression that you just wanted me to shut up, but let's not get personal, since you don't like my solution, i want to ask you this question: Not everyone in the BST section is a scammer or spammer right ? there are great Writers, Seo's, coders, designers there too right? my question is : How would you help legit Service providers gain more visibility and exposure for their threads to prevent them from getting burried and completely forgotten? i would love to hear your Solution (it doesn't matter if its free or paid).

19. digitalpoint

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Truthfully, paid bumps is the only way I can think of doing it, but augh... I hate that idea.

20. funkymario

Best Answers:
    why not shawn ? the 150 000 members of the warriorforum are loving it, half of them atleast are DP members too :D, just make it expensive enough for people to not abuse it ?