1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Has bing failled?

Discussion in 'Bing' started by OfficialRTS, Oct 7, 2009.

So recently i read that bing is losing market share and has fell bellow 10% on market share. Is bing just a fling?

Personaly now that microsoft marketing budget is starting to become thin what is going to drive them to compete with google?

As a businessman and investor i know that if you have any presence in the market you need about 10% and sure bing has that but what is going to keep pushing their market share every month and keep things level?

The bing search engine looks to become a Smaller competitor like the Zune, Gateway and now Bing.

What do you think.

OfficialRTS, Oct 7, 2009 IP
  2. primeryder

primeryder Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I think Yahoo search is better than Bing myself.

primeryder, Oct 7, 2009 IP
  3. browntwn

browntwn Illustrious Member

Best Answers:

"Microsoft's Bing search engine will power the Yahoo website and Yahoo will in turn become the advertising sales team for Microsoft's online offering."

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/business/8174763.stm

browntwn, Oct 7, 2009 IP
  4. primeryder

primeryder Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I know, that is why I brought it up. Yahoo search should be powering msn, not the other way around. I get some weird results when I do a bing search

Last edited: Oct 8, 2009
    primeryder, Oct 8, 2009 IP
  5. theseomonk

theseomonk Peon

Best Answers:
    i think Bing is Fing not good for me also!!!

theseomonk, Oct 8, 2009 IP
  6. thok

thok Active Member

Best Answers:
    not yet ...

thok, Oct 8, 2009 IP
  7. Ibn Juferi

Ibn Juferi Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    I think Bing has a long way to go before being judged.

Ibn Juferi, Oct 8, 2009 IP
  8. TheCrabb

TheCrabb Peon

Best Answers:
    Most power searchers and people who know a thing or 2 about search agree that Bing is delivering more relevant results than Yahoo. They have also made more technological advances in the last few months than Yahoo has over the past 10 years (Their webmaster console and IIS SEO software is awesome!)

By the end of 2010 or early 2011 Bing will be delivering all search results on Yahoo and as such they will have around 30% of market share. If you haven't started figuring out how to rank on Bing yet you better get started or you'll be leaving 30% of your income behind pretty soon!

TheCrabb, Oct 8, 2009 IP
    SCLocal likes this.
  9. ~kev~

~kev~ Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    My personal opinion - Bing was over hyped, and it failed to live up to that hype.

To really compete against google, bing needs to offer a video sharing site, something like adsense, a better webmaster tools.

All bing is, is live and msn renamed. There seems to be nothing new or any real improvements.

~kev~, Oct 8, 2009 IP
  10. TheCrabb

TheCrabb Peon

Best Answers:
    a) A video sharing site has nothing to do with search quality
    b) It's called MSN AdCenter
    c) It DOES have better webmaster tools
    d) Just Live renamed? Try a few serious searches rather than just checking on your own rankings. LOOK at the results and how they are listed. Then tell me there are no improvements!

TheCrabb, Oct 8, 2009 IP
  11. searchia

searchia Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Not at all, bings is alot more than Live was, with more relevant search results, cause of it's it using technology from powerset semantic search. Microsoft has a ads network https://adcenter.microsoft.com/ and have a video search engine http://www.bing.com/videos and mainly other country than USA are getting irrelevant results is because that they are more focusing on USA as a start, and bing has not at all failed, it has got more market share than microsoft has ever had on the search engine market, and deals with sites like Facbook and yahoo, so seems like it more a succes than a failure for now, but too soon to judge it.

searchia, Oct 8, 2009 IP
  12. Bex7175

Bex7175 Peon

Best Answers:
    I've not had much of a play with Bing yet, though when I did I found that my results weren't quite as well targeted as Google, but it's early days yet. Personally I've always been more of a Google fan than a Microsoft one but it is about time someone threatened Google's search engine domination - whether Bing will be the thing to do it or not remains to be seen. Personally I doubt it, though I do expect that it'll gather a bit of a loyal following of its own.

Bex7175, Oct 8, 2009 IP
  13. professionalseo

professionalseo Banned

Best Answers:
    Bing returns a lot of subdomains from the same primary domain one after the other for certain searches

professionalseo, Oct 8, 2009 IP
  14. Sweely

Sweely Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I prefer Google before Bing. But sometimes, Bing shows me some more relevant results than Bing does. But hey, bing is in its earlier days now... it just got launched. Patience is a virtue, my friend.

Sweely, Oct 8, 2009 IP
  15. mimptres

mimptres Peon

Best Answers:
    I prefer always google, only 2 times in all history i visit bing, its very very difficult compete vs google

mimptres, Oct 8, 2009 IP
  16. ~kev~

~kev~ Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    That is not true - when you use google, youtube appears in a lot of the results. In bing, video preview images rarely appear in the results.

Why do the results have to be text results when we are in the 21st century? They dont. Bing list a video result, just like all of the rest of the results.

As a video blogger its important for me to have my videos and preview images listed in the search results. Not having a preview image that its a video might make people pass it by.

I have used bing a lot, and I am really disappointed with the results and how much the site has been overhyped.

~kev~, Oct 8, 2009 IP
  17. Liza New

Liza New Peon

Best Answers:
    No doubt google is largest s-engine of past and coming era, but Bing is going up day by day and may will win the war of search and Biz.

Liza New, Oct 8, 2009 IP
  18. Arse Gravy

Arse Gravy Peon

Best Answers:
    Bing works great for me. The one way in which they beat Google hands down, at least for me, is by sending traffic that converts.

Arse Gravy, Oct 8, 2009 IP
  19. Nick Stone

Nick Stone Peon

Best Answers:
    hello

does anybody know how to submit a website at bing.
    couldn't find the link. it's much easyier at google and yahoo..

thanks for tips

Nick Stone

Nick Stone, Oct 8, 2009 IP
  20. Ralph23

Ralph23 Peon

Best Answers:
    Google is and will forever be THE search engine, there's really nothing anyone can do about it ;)

Ralph23, Oct 8, 2009 IP