1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Who influenced you most in your life?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by smile633, Oct 3, 2009.

The people who influenced me most I think are my parents in early years. They gave me a solid foundation and a great start to life.

Then I had some outstanding teachers who knew how to bring joy to the outcome of my learning, especially my latin, maths and biology teachers.

I met some people in my life from whom I learnt how I never want to be and I am most thankful to them. One is bitter, another selfish and greedy. The casualities they leave behind is incredible and isolating. They are a great warning to me.

How about you? Who has influenced your life most?

smile633, Oct 3, 2009 IP
  2. CBI Web

CBI Web Member

Best Answers:
    My 5th grade teacher, and she didn't even realize it at the time; and she did it with one simple sentence. I had written a poem and let her read it (no, not some kind of love poem to the teacher, lol). She read it, smiled at me and said, "Very nice, keep it up!"

That was a turning point for me, at 10 years old. Before that, I had never gotten any such encouragement to do anything in my life. I had started writing poems to express feelings that were bottled up inside me, and when my teacher said that to me, I felt SO validated! And now, almost 40 years later (wow... has it really been that long?), here I am a success in many things, and I can attribute that to Mrs. Petras, my 5th grade teacher.

In 2003 I was able to track her down and visit her at her home, to see her for the first time in decades. She was very old by then, and suffering from a condition that left her barely able to speak. But I sat with her for a few minutes, and was able to tell her what she had done for me. It was one of things I wanted to do before it was too late, and I got to do it. :)

I suppose she's gone by now, but her kindness lives on.

CBI Web, Oct 4, 2009 IP
  3. Maggie2009

Maggie2009 Peon

Best Answers:
    Most definitely my Father, who also was my mentor. The man had such a zest for life, a love for life and for people, didn't matter who they were or what cultural, religious or sexual background, everyone was treated with the utmost respect and with kindness. Never told a dirty joke and never swore.

When my Father died, people were coming to the house to pay their respects, bringing food and money, telling us what a kind man he was, how he was kind to them. Some of these people we didn't even know who they were, needless to say he had a very large funeral.

Fortunately throughout my life I am most thankful I had one decent parent, my mother was just the opposite of my Father.

Maggie2009, Oct 4, 2009 IP
  4. pipes

pipes Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Im influenced by alcoholics, drug addicts, theives, time wasters and no hopers.

I do everything i can to never be like them, they influence me in ways that they do not know, mainly because they are either too drunk, too high or too busy theiving or wasting time to even know how much of an influence that they have on my life to never fall into the trap that they have.

Thanks for motivating me, i owe my life to all the worlds losers, lol :)

pipes, Oct 4, 2009 IP
  5. webtalk

webtalk Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    prophet muhammad peace be upon him, and relegion Islam, who ever touched quran with understanding got
    real meaning of life and this world. gets real comfort and happiness

webtalk, Oct 4, 2009 IP
  6. webtalk

webtalk Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    prophet muhammad peace be upon him, and relegion Islam, who ever touched quran with understanding got
    real meaning of life and this world. gets real comfort and happiness

webtalk, Oct 4, 2009 IP
  7. prashantban

prashantban Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    My parents were like the most influencial people.
    den became my brothers.. and now i feel the people around me !!

prashantban, Oct 4, 2009 IP
  8. Clarisse

Clarisse Peon

Best Answers:

My this is so inspiring... glad thing you never forgot about your teacher. I do believe those people who appreciates good things given to them surely reaps great things in return.

As for me, it's always been my parents... I owe everything to them.:)

Clarisse, Oct 4, 2009 IP
  9. happy_dayz

happy_dayz Peon

Best Answers:
    I met this guy in the skypecasts rooms (back when they still existed). He had an argument room going, and the name stated: "no americans, brits, canadians or aussies' allowed"...and a few other things mentioned that stupid people shouldn't come in, or if you were weak, you shouldn't come in. Seemed like the most rude, hardcore, racist, and discriminatory room you could ever come across.... and of course, I am canadian- so Had to go in there.

So I went in and this guy tells me to shut my legs, and a bunch of other things. Just couldn't believe it- and he kicks me back down to listening within a matter of seconds. Not to mention the fact that the guy spoke at a pace unbelievable and often compared to being a "motormouth".

So anyways, he did this to everyone who came up- claiming that no one had a good argument and all that jazz... and I said to myself..."no one person can be this racist...this discriminatory..."

I just didn't believe that this was even humanly possible...lol. So I pursued the guy- out of a few interests- because I really didn't believe this person could really be that way.

well attempting to figure out what this guy was all about, I vaguely tried to figure out his tactics and throw them back on him- by also using racist/discriminatory things in return...lol- then he blocked me.

SO I created a new account- and pursued like some nutcase, and ended up getting the chance to just have a "NORMAL" but ...of course anything but normal, conversation with the guy. Turns out, of course, he wasn't as he portrayed, and was being totally misinterpreted.

So anyways, I find out within about the span of a year, that this guy is actually quite amazing, brilliant smart and everything else- and he ends up becoming my mentor.

Showing me how to get out of depression, how to stop being so desperate, how to do pretty much anything that I wished. he even started me on the IM marketing - and gave me the tools to make over $1000 per day, and set everything up from there.

Of course the relationship had to develop and he never just handed anything out like that either- but It sure was a totally different experience- as he also woudln't give out anything, or talk about things if he felt a person couldn't handle it, use it, or need it.

I am probably not even doing this person justice- but it sure is quite a strange story, as most people's perception of him back then, would be that he was arrogant and all kinds of things, whereas it was really the other way around.

it turns out he just argued in his spare time for fun- and he actually had a huge fan base from that room, who came back day after day, and filled the room...

So that's my mentor story for getting into the IM world- and as mentioned, I am sure I didn't even do this person justice, as there is so much more in between that this person did for me- and I must say I wasn't ever able to return much to him...

happy_dayz, Oct 4, 2009 IP
  10. Dirky47

Dirky47 Active Member

Best Answers:
    My parents influenced me most in my life. They teach me how to be a good person. Secondly are my teachers and Pastors. They are my advisers in time of needs and troubles.

Dirky47, Oct 5, 2009 IP
  11. GMBRDILOS

GMBRDILOS Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    The life only.Not anyone or anything else.

GMBRDILOS, Oct 5, 2009 IP
  12. jeswinaugustine

jeswinaugustine Peon

Best Answers:
    definitely my dad. !!

jeswinaugustine, Oct 5, 2009 IP
  13. Dirky47

Dirky47 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Don't forget your community. We were influenced by the community. It can be good or bad also.

Dirky47, Oct 6, 2009 IP
  14. mrandrei

mrandrei Peon

Best Answers:
    My parents play a big part in my life. Without them, I'm nothing. They're the most influential people in my life and I treasure every minute I'm with them. :)

mrandrei, Oct 6, 2009 IP
  15. Dirky47

Dirky47 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Most answers in this forum are Parents. Mom, Dad, Family members.

Maybe because they are the one responsible in teaching Good and bad things on us.

Most of the time, people who influence us most can easily make us strong and weak also.

Dirky47, Oct 7, 2009 IP
  16. drewski

drewski Guest

Best Answers:
    I Have three older brothers so i think that they have influenced me the most in life. My parents have also had a huge impact in my life. It is nice to have 5 good influences in my life.

drewski, Oct 7, 2009 IP
  17. phyza

phyza Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    My mother as she is a working lady and running her family perfectly and do anything that a house wife do... Other thn my mother, my teacher influenced me a lot too as they taught me some good lessons that are still helping me out in different stages of my life.
    Thanks
    PHYza

phyza, Oct 7, 2009 IP
  18. halofreedom1

halofreedom1 Peon

Best Answers:
    my gf influence me the most, from no dream to a big dream businessman

halofreedom1, Oct 7, 2009 IP
  19. forextrendalerts

forextrendalerts Guest

Best Answers:
    My parents were like the most influencial people.
    then my brothers & sister and now i feel the people around me.....

forextrendalerts, Oct 7, 2009 IP
  20. Dan Hynes

Dan Hynes Peon

Best Answers:
    My parents. The influenced my life by teaching me their values. I guess that's good.

Dan Hynes, Oct 7, 2009 IP