1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Alan Grayson: 44,000 Americans Die Every Year Due To Lack Of Health Insurance

Discussion in 'Politics & Religion' started by Zibblu, Sep 30, 2009.

Finally someone stands up and speaks the truth: The Republicans only plan for health care is to "let them die."

Yes, I am cheering Alan Grayson on for speaking that truth on the floor of the House and I'm cheering him on even stronger for his "apology" where apologized to the people who really deserve it: The 44,000 Americans Who Die Every Year Due To Lack Of Health Insurance!

And when I saw him on CNN's The Situation Room (see the video) that's what really set me off... It's so thrilling to see someone finally stand up to all of the BS! I'm about as "fired up & ready to go" over the health care reform battle as I've ever been. Finally after months of nonsense lies from right wing trolls we can talk about the real issues. This is about real people's lives. Either we are going to fix this system with true reform or we are going to continue to let 44,000 Americans (that's more than one "9/11" every damn month) die every year.

This is a moral issue. You're either on the right side of it (pro health care reform including the public option) or you are OK with your fellow Americans dying just so that the health insurance industry can continue to make ridiculous profits at our expense.

Zibblu, Sep 30, 2009 IP
  2. ncz_nate

ncz_nate Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I agree something needs done, but..

Ways in which your post is similar to GWB:

- "You're either with us or against us"

- Using fear to get the job done.

[​IMG]

ncz_nate, Sep 30, 2009 IP
  3. hostlonestar

hostlonestar Peon

Best Answers:
    This just in, 304,059,724 Americans are effected by the reach of the over bearing government that steps way out of bounds when you look at the Constitution.

hostlonestar, Sep 30, 2009 IP
  4. Zibblu

Zibblu Guest

Best Answers:
    Not at all similar. This is the truth. And that difference is a big one. I'm tired of false equivalencies. It's like the airheads on CNN comparing Grayson's comments to Wislon's. No. They're not even close to the same thing. Grayson is telling the 100% absolute TRUTH.

Every month over 3,000 Americans dies due to lack of health insurance. That's a "9/11" every month in terms of human life. How much money did we spend in response to 9/11? How much BS did Bush push through with that as the excuse?

No more excuses. No more nonsense.

It's time for the Democrats to start acting like Obama won by nearly 10 million votes and they hold 60% majorities in the House & Senate. They shouldn't even be paying attention to the Republicans right now. They are neanderthals who are doing nothing but obstructing progress.

We elected President Obama and the Democrats in the House & Senate to bring REAL CHANGE to America. It's time that they do their job. Forget the Republicans, they are idiots. It's time to get the job done. Adults only.

Now all of a sudden the Republicans care about the over reach of the government? They care about it when it means providing an affordable health insurance OPTION (yeah, that's really intrusive.. *can't possibly roll my eyes back any further*) They don't seem to give a crap when it's the government actually taking people's rights away, only when the government is actually trying to do something positive. It's nonsense to the highest degree possible.

I'm so so so tired of hearing people complain about so called "big government." The problems that are tearing this country apart arise from corporate power (and corporate control of "big government.") They arise precisely because of the "Ronald Regan Revolution." Guess what? Reagan was wrong. About everything. His BS has just about ruined this country. It's time to get back on track.

Zibblu, Sep 30, 2009 IP
  5. Rebecca

Rebecca Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    98,000 Americans die each year as the result of medical errors.

Rebecca, Sep 30, 2009 IP
  6. ncz_nate

Best Answers:
    First, show me where these stats are coming from.

Second, have fun living in that bubble reality of yours. Cults never get too far.

Third, nice. I was thinking the same thing.

ncz_nate, Sep 30, 2009 IP
  7. hostlonestar

hostlonestar Peon

Best Answers:
    Don't you dare lump me in with Republicans. Just because I don't agree with an overbearing government like you do, doesn't make me a Republican. Maybe you should get your facts straight. Where did your "stats" come from? My stat was the population of the US According to the Census Bureau .

And, read the constitution. It doesn't matter what the house, senate, president, etc. think about how big the government is. Until the amend the Constitution, the government is still overstepping it's bounds with 3/4 of the laws it passes.

Maybe you should stop drinking the kool-aide, stop being part of the people that Obama is anything different than any of the past presidents (at least the recent ones) and start thinking for yourself. It's about time Americans do that.

Corporations wouldn't have such a bearing on how the government ran things if the government stayed within it's bounds. But, alas, people like you think the solution is to make the government bigger. THey can't even have financial responsibility and a balanced budget. They can't even keep importing and exporting balanced. Everything the government touches gets ruined. Plain and simple.

hostlonestar, Sep 30, 2009 IP
  8. newbie191

newbie191 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Just 44,000??

Ever figured how many people die everyday from American bombs?
    How many people die from hunger in Africa everyday. They are also humans? Right?

newbie191, Oct 1, 2009 IP
  9. Sandy James

Sandy James Active Member

Best Answers:
    Remember the Magna Carter? Another "bible" in political history? It was revised several times before it's current language. Maybe it's time for us to do the same with the Constitution!

Sandy James, Oct 1, 2009 IP
  10. browntwn

browntwn Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    Nope, never heard of the Magna Carter. What is it?

Do the words translate and revise mean different things to you?

browntwn, Oct 1, 2009 IP
  11. Valley

Valley Peon

Best Answers:
    Sorry for my ignorance.
    So if someone collapsed in a street in say NY
    What would happen?
    You dial 911
    What would dictate which ambulance came and
    how would they know which insurance company to contact if no one was there who knew them

Valley, Oct 1, 2009 IP
  12. GeorgeB.

GeorgeB. Notable Member

Best Answers:
    If the only argument people have against health care reform (which happens to be real life and death stuff) is the tired old "fear of big government argument" I am ashamed to admit I'm a Democrat and that we live in an age where we even allow nonsense side chatter like this to have any forbearance on this serious debate.

You literally have to be out of your mind brainwashed to not see the irony that you're arguing against the only force in our nation that could possibly stop the insurance industry from ripping off American citizens.

Then you mention the constitution? You think the health industry gives a fuck about the constitution? They will twist, bend, and yes, even break, every law they can get away with so long as they can afford to pay the penalties if they get caught.

I'm not saying we should release the government to ignore the constitution. FAR from it. What I'm saying is that if the government can demonstrate (not just claim like Bush did) a clear and present danger threat to Americans posed by the insurance industry then yes it should be allowed to extend its reach via newly introduced legislation and government agencies.

The point Zibblu was trying to make was that there is some irony in that same people who had no problem seeing the Department of Homeland Security stood up with all its secrecy and hidden powers after we recognized a threat to American lives; seem to have serious government expansion paranoia syndrome (GEPS) when we even mention a public option. And we're talking about FAR more lives annually than the 3,000+ souls we lost on 9/11

GeorgeB., Oct 1, 2009 IP
  13. northpointaiki

northpointaiki Guest

Best Answers:
    Yes they will, and do. In my case, and 1000's like me, they are in fact shielded by a shell game of the law....they hire fraudulent doctors, pay them $1500 for a bullshit exam, and the whores write whatever they were paid to write. In my case, the whore was an extremely "well-respected" physician who, as I understand it, has grown his "business" over the last couple of years to the point he's now doing 1 a day most weeks. 1 a day, 3-4 minute "exam," and template-generated "report"; say, 5 a week, $6000 a week; even if you presume "light weeks" of only one every other day, that's a cool near $150,000 yearly - on top of a medical income.

The whore is protected from malpractice because he didn't "treat." He merely rendered an "opinion." His opinion kills coverage. So it's cheaper to pay the whore, than the needed care. Multiply me by countless others, and it's a national crime wave.

Completely shielded under current law.

I have only one use that I can think of to justify carpet bombing...and that would be if every health insurance company were brought to a salt flat, along with its medical whores, and we say sayonara to a culture of greed that destroys lives. (Said with tongue in cheek....unless you get me drunk, and ask how I really feel. :D).

I do think on this; though I am uncertain yet as to what the answer is, here's where I'd start:

-End the high cost of medical training; extremely competitive entry, but low cost of training - so docs do not have to make a freakin' mint just to pay off the cost of their training, out the gate;

-End the shell game that has given insurance carriers virtually carte blanche to commit outright fraud;

-End the med mal litigation free-for-all.

As long as physicians are enslaved both to their medical training cost, and to insurance companies who make "turn and burn" billables the criteria for group inclusion, over effective medical care; as long as insurers have hegemony over the entire process, we will have nothing approaching a real solution.

Last edited: Oct 1, 2009
    northpointaiki, Oct 1, 2009 IP
  14. hostlonestar

hostlonestar Peon

Best Answers:
    I'd prefer to see campaign reform before health care reform. Simply because the campaign reform will help us get the corporations off our back, off the politicians backs. Able them to really do what they are put into office to do.

It would be a lot easier to get health care reform passed if congress wasn't handcuffed with threats of withdrawing funding and putting that funding into the opponent form insurance agencies and other health care industries.

You want real reform, that can actually generate cross-aisle talks and agreements? Campaign reform is the first thing to tackle. IT's called strategy.

hostlonestar, Oct 2, 2009 IP
  15. ncz_nate

Best Answers:
    I've been thinking about this, and I agree.. but the problem is, if they can't even get health care reform passed, what make you think all the lousy Congressmen would sign a bill that pretty much ensures that they aren't going to get reelected?

ncz_nate, Oct 2, 2009 IP
  16. Zibblu

Zibblu Guest

Best Answers:
    Alan Grayson is seriously my new hero. This guy has ginormous balls. Finally somebody just standing up and speaking the truth about the Republican party and how absolutely ridiculous they are. This is the attitude the Democratic party as a whole should have. Stop appeasing these "no-mongers"! Let us have the change we voted for in November.

It's time to steamroll the Republican party until they can at least pretend to be somewhat relevant.

Zibblu, Oct 2, 2009 IP
  17. ncz_nate

Best Answers:
    ncz_nate, Oct 2, 2009 IP
  18. Zibblu

Zibblu Guest

Best Answers:
    Who cares what he looks like. The point is he has the integrity of Ron Paul but he's actually right about everything. He's what the progressive movement has been waiting for. Now we can kick the Republicans the hell out of the way and get the job done. Republicans are nothing but a nuisance to the adults trying to fix this country from years of Reagan's BS (and Reagan inspired BS) that has driven this country into the ground.

Zibblu, Oct 2, 2009 IP
  19. ncz_nate

Best Answers:
    It was a joke, kind of.. relax.

ncz_nate, Oct 2, 2009 IP
  20. WeedGrinch

WeedGrinch Active Member

Best Answers:
    That's a very, very big number. Why do conservatives have to be so greedy?

Last edited: Oct 2, 2009
    WeedGrinch, Oct 2, 2009 IP