1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Is this true. If not please give the truth. Jesus and Mohammad

Discussion in 'Politics & Religion' started by DiscussionPeace, Aug 12, 2006.

1. Sherlock

Sherlock Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Muhammad was the seal of all prophets. Was there any prophet after Muhammad, i'm afraid not. Jesus has been mentioned in the Quran as one of the dearest prophets for the muslims because he will remove the all bad from the world one day. And muslims give him a lot of respect.
    There is a proper surah (Chapter) in the Quran dedicated to Holy Maryam and Her son Jesus. Name of the Chapter: Maryam

Sherlock, Aug 13, 2006 IP
  2. Arnie

Arnie Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Arasp

When you can talk so nicely about Jesus, why not belief in Him? - His words, His name we're allowed to use?

Have you ever tried the direct connection to God through him? You mentioned that when I asked you of who is more important
    The sender? = God
    The messenger?
    The receiver? = People
    you answered the message is the most important for you.

Now, you don't want to check it back with the sender and ask Him if this is it what he wants you to know?
    You just take it for granted because others do so! Isn't this the way islam is build upon? Uniforming the understanding of God is impossible. We're all on different levels of understanding.

Have you ever tried the power of the Holy Spirit? You don't need to be a bible student for this. Just belief in the name of Jesus, ask you questions in prayer in Jesus name and wait for your answer. You'll get a feeling in your upper belly area and you instantly will know whats right and whats wrong, caused by the Holy Spirit. You may experience even more and different forms of communicating with God.
    Get It?
    There is only the Holy Ghost that can be the messenger of God, available to everyone who truly seek God.

Arnie, Aug 13, 2006 IP
  3. Arnie

Arnie Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    There were and are millions of prophets. It's a ministry.

Muslims give respect to Jesus?

The only respect he would fully accept is to believe entirely in His words.
    He has taken away our sins and put us into rightstanding with him but not rightousness, because this is our part of the deal with have to come up with and we have to earn it; we're living in times of being tested now.

Arnie, Aug 13, 2006 IP
  4. Arasp

Arasp Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Dear Arnie, ‎

You also talk very nice and I love this kind of communication. 

First of all, you should admit that Islam is not what it is being advertised in western ‎country. As I have mentioned many times, the governments are censoring everything and ‎they create wars in the name of religions but they are looking for their economical goals. ‎

For example when a stupid terrorist like Bin Laden does some stupid action they ‎advertise that this is what Islam is. And it is not fair ! because we also do not agree in ‎what they do. For example, their group killed some of our embassy members in ‎Afghanistan. (I am Iranian and I am talking about the embassy of Iran in Afghanistan) ‎

And regarding what you have said about Jesus (Peace Be Upon Him) ‎

I say: YES SIR, I also FULLY believe in him. He is the great messenger sent from God. ‎

I am real muslim, my religion is without governmental pressure or false advertisment the ‎god has said that we are free to investigate about different religions and we are free to ‎choice one. ‎

Did you know that some people in china and japan did not believe in ANYTHING at all? ‎They say there is not God. They say everything is created randomly and they live and die ‎with this stupid attitude toward life. They also believe that there is no another world. That ‎is why many of them feel emptiness. ‎

Now compare yourself with me. ‎

You are advertising Jesus the Christ (Peace Be Upon Him) and I say, I agree , I love him ‎too. But I have another prophet who is Mohammad (Peace Be Upon Him) who call ‎himself the brother of Jesus. ‎

Maybe I should clarify my beliefs again:‎

I fully believe in Isa (Peace Be Upon Him) not as a Good Person, I fully believe him as a ‎greatest messenger of God. ‎
    I love him so much. ‎
    I believe he is the son of Maria the virgin. ‎
    Jesus will come with Mahdi and they both create an Army of good people in the world to ‎fight and destroy the evilness. ‎

On the other hand I beilvie:‎

Mohammad is the last prophet of God. ‎
    Islam is the latest version of the religion which is sent from god for human. ‎
    It is not from another god, the god who created Jesus and Christianity also has created ‎Islam. Our prophet Mohammad has many miracles like Jesus.‎

And we also have 12 Imams that they came after Mohammad. They are not messenger of ‎god like Mohammad and Jesus, but they are the most holy men and they have many nice ‎teachings for humans. ‎

When you have this kind of complete religions, you don’t need to change it.‎

I also do not want you to change your religion. Because if there is a truth you must find it ‎yourself, if the truth is Christianity for you, I should respect it too. ‎

And I say it again that the only difference between you and me , or many Christians and ‎Muslims is that You do not believe in our prophet but we believe in Jesus and we believe ‎he is also a prophet for Muslims too , I don’t know why? I think it is because of false ‎advertisement against Islam in your country and culture. ‎

I believe in Holy Bible, but you don’t believe in holy Koran. ‎

I see thousands of similarities between our religions and feel strong that how close we are ‎and I feel good that our god is the same and jesus is my prophet too. ‎

But you try to see a few differences and make them too big and feel sad about it. ‎

I consider you as my brother, exactly the same way that Mohammad said Isa is my ‎brother. ‎

But you never consider me as your brother. Why? I don’t know. :) Maybe because I am ‎Iranian and our people want to have peaceful nuclear activities but your governments has ‎scared you for this. :( So you consider me as your enemy instead of brother. And that is ‎why we are at war. ‎

But I highly recommend you to read what holy Koran says about Jesus (Peace Be Upon ‎Him) and Maria (Peace Be Upon Her). When Koran was sent to mohammad, he did not ‎even know how to read and write. They did not know the history. Isn’t this a miracle? :)‎

With the belief I have about Jesus (Peace Be Upon Him), I feel that I am more Christian ‎than somebody like Bush who is bringing fight and bloodshed for the people of the world ‎in the name of freedom or peace ! who is more Christian? Did jesus said we can kill ‎thousands of people in name of War on Terrorism? No, I don’t think so. ‎

Arasp, Aug 13, 2006 IP
  5. Arnie

Arnie Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Arasp

You as Iranian should know about Bahaula (not sure about the spelling), founder of the Bahai and I even spent some time with them, they also belief that he is the latest prohet. Right now they are under strict observation by your govt and are intimated every day, some of them arrested. Not that I'm a Bahai or that I agree with them. It's actually the opposite, but from the scripture I learned that :
    Let those who do good continue to do good.
    Let those who are filthy continue to be filthy and so forth ...

If you want I can get you together with an Iranian Pastor, who is right now doing further theological studies. I know personally 12 Iranian converts. Their live has completly changed for better though it didn't happen in a moment but years.
    This for just to mention.

Arasp, I have no reason to hate you, but I have reason to hate some spirits behind you, the same spirits that want to keep you away from truth and love.

I really urge you to check directly with God if that person in what you believe is the last prophet to be confirmed or not. I know the answer, but that doesn't matter, cause you shoudn't listen to me either since you can communicate with God directly using the Holy Ghost in the name of Jesus.

You've got nothing to lose but everything to gain.

There would be so much else to say even for this moment, but I'm afraid it would take to long for now.
    Anyway, I can serve only one God and you will find out one day too, don't wait until JESUS RETURNS, because that may be likely too late.

Peace through Love

Arnie, Aug 13, 2006 IP
  6. Sherlock

Best Answers:
    Why dont you look on the other side. 800 people are converting into muslims everyday around the globe and it is the fastest spreading religion on the globe. Why do you think anyone converts? Because he is inspired by something and it touches his heart. Why do compare 12 to 800.

7. Arnie

Arnie Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    OK, 8000 convert to Christianity in a single day in China.
    Amen!!!

Arnie, Aug 13, 2006 IP
  8. Sherlock

Best Answers:
    Can you give me any proof on that. PLZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ!

9. Arasp

Arasp Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    there is no need to proof. I beilieve it.

Because 80% of chinese people have no religion at all. So moving from no religoin to Christianity is a good upgrade.
    But moving from the latest version (Islam) to christianity is a kind of Downgrade. :)

That bahaei religion you talked about is not legal. I mean they do not have a real prophet with miracle like Jesus and Mohammad

Arasp, Aug 13, 2006 IP
  10. tonyrocks

tonyrocks Active Member

Best Answers:
    Arasp,
    There is nothing wrong with being Iranian. Some of my good friends Iranians/Persians.

tonyrocks, Aug 13, 2006 IP
  11. Arasp

Arasp Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Thank you Tony.

yeah, I know there is nothing wrong.
    Many people think that we are arab because we are muslim but that is not right. We are persian and we have around 5000 years history and culture.

We also have no problem with American or western people, but some western countries behave very bad with Iranians, our peaceful nuclear activity is one of the things that the west cannot tolerate it.

There is no proof that Iran is looking for nuke bomb but it seems USA does not want Iran to be the biggest power of the middle east.

As I said before these are the problems of the goverments, not people . we are all friends. :)

Arasp, Aug 13, 2006 IP
  12. tonyrocks

tonyrocks Active Member

Best Answers:
    Arasp,
    Very true about misconception. Just as many people think that if one is an Arab, then they are muslim. When the fact is in Lebanon, 50% are christians and according to lebanese law, the president can only be a maronite christian.

Also, many americans immitate (in humour of course) the Arabic accent...even though they make it sounds like a Hindi (indian) accent. hehe. That drives me insane :)

Plus, they confuse farsi/arabic/aramaic writing...loooks all the same to latin based readers ;)

tonyrocks, Aug 13, 2006 IP
  13. Arasp

Arasp Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    some thing about Farsi language, although it has lots of Arabic world in it, but an Arab cannot underestand anything when a Persian speaks farsi.

As you may know, Farsi is one of the languages from Indo-european languges family. The structrues are very similar and also the words but arabic is from another family.

For example Father, Petra, Pedar (in farsi) are all the same thing.
    Also Brother , Baradar (in farsi)
    Bad - Bad (in farsi)
    Good - Khoob (in farsi)

There are thousands of these similarities even among our languages.

This shows that we are all from single family, Adam was our father. :)
    So I dont know why people are killing their brothers and sisters in other countries. Very sad :(

Arasp, Aug 13, 2006 IP
  14. DiscussionPeace

DiscussionPeace Banned

Best Answers:
    Here is what I see as incorrect.

"Jesus will come with Mahdi and they both create an Army of good people in the world to fight and destroy the evilness."

-God does not want people to fight each other.
    -It is up to God to destroy evilness. If God let evil to exist, there is some deep reason for that.
    (Jesus didn't destroy evil when He came. No one has defeted it yet.)

God is Love.
    To Love means to give (not for money) and sacrifice your interests on behalf of others. (Plus many more other things).

"Mohammad is the last prophet of God."

It is up to God to decide about "last prophet".

'When Koran was sent to Mohammad, he did not even know how to read and write. They did not know the history. Isn’t this a miracle?'

I didn't know that Muhammad didn't know how to read and write. It threw me away.

About history. He might have learned some history from those around him who knew how to read and write.

It is really unusual for a prophet to not know how to read and write.
    I am asking myself, is it that, that the last messenger of God has no education at all? How come God didn't reveal to Muhammad such a simple thing as the alphabet?

About the governments. The politicians have their own interests their own agenda. Many times selfish interests. Seldom a ruller of a country has done the will of God during his rule.
    dsp

We have to think always outside the box since the people around us (priests, imams and other spiritual persons) are not saints, they surely don't know it all. And their undersanding of the divine may not always be correct.

DiscussionPeace, Aug 13, 2006 IP
  15. EGoldstein

EGoldstein Banned

Best Answers:
    That is almost like asking a Jew to believe in Christ just because Chistians revere Jewish prophets like Moses, Samuel, Nathan other people like Jacob, Abraham and Isaac. You miss your point heavily brother. If Christians have to accept Mohammed then it means that they have become Muslims.

Also your Holy scriptures call for slaughter of Jews and Christians who are known as People of the Scriptures. I know not any other religion which calls for the slaying of non-believers other than Islam

E. Goldstein

EGoldstein, Aug 13, 2006 IP
  16. Arasp

Arasp Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    please provide proof of what you say. Do not say such stupid things about Koran without providing proof. okay?

Yeah, I know that christians do not want to beilive mohammad because he is the latest prophet, I mean they cannot upgrade.

But since We Muslims have the latest version of religion, so it means we have all earlier version inside Islam. This is what you cannot underestand because of your religion.

Arasp, Aug 13, 2006 IP
  17. Arasp

Arasp Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    by evil, I meant bad people who have curropted the world.

Regarding other things you have said about Muhammad. I better not to say anything because it seems you have low knowledge about this. When you talk about something that comes from your personal imagination you cannot expect other people to agree.
    When the first Sura was sent to Mohammad God said : "Read!" mohammad said, I cannot read and write.
    The god said: "Read ! in the name of god who created human from a drop of blood"

Please read the history.
    Provide proof brother.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mohammad

Arasp, Aug 13, 2006 IP
  18. EGoldstein

EGoldstein Banned

Best Answers:
    Allah has stirred up enmity and hatred among Christians. 5:14

Don't take Jews or Christians for friends. If you do, then Allah will consider you to be one of them.

Follow the link and it connects to the respective Surahs.

http://www.skepticsannotatedbible.com/quran/int/long.html

Seems like you lack knowledge of your own Holy Book.

Jews and Christians are inheritors of Hell, haa. No I'm not saying that but it is your Holy Book. Neither in Judaism nor Christianity has been so much open hatred towards other religions than yours.

I do not make stupid comments without proof. Please be wary before your support your religion which prescribes obnoxious feelings among those who have submitted before G-d.

In Islam, intercession is prohibited. Prophet Mohammed was never given such role. Brother, in Islam G-d is given utmost importance and Muslims can't pray to the Prophet. Remember the Koran warns people who even pray to Mary. So this is impossible.

Remember that just because Windows XP came into existence, the previous versions like Windows 2000 and Windows 98 aren't destined to crash or stop performing. Sometimes the lastest versions do indeed look like an upgrade from hell.

Yes I'm taking your own example or analogy, whatever you call it.

Emmanuel Goldstein.

EGoldstein, Aug 13, 2006 IP
  19. DiscussionPeace

DiscussionPeace Banned

Best Answers:
    Arasp I went to the site.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Muhammad's_first_revelation

"Event
    In the mentioned date, Muhammad reported to have meet an angel named Gabriel who gave him a message from God. The first message was to become the beginning of a chapter in the Qur'an, the chapter (sura) Iqra.

According to tradition – notably, a hadith of Aishah – Gabriel came and told him "Iqra!". The word "Iqra" does not have an exact English translation, but it is typically translated as a command to 'read' or 'recite' (as in traditional cultures, reading silently to oneself was unheard of, so "to read" assumed the connotation to say something aloud). Muhammad replied "I am not a reader" (which is usually taken to mean that Muhammad, living in a nearly pre-recorded culture, was illiterate). Gabriel continually commanded "Iqra!", and somehow "pressed" Muhammad physically, although the hadith literature does not explain exactly what this means. Muhammad gave the same answer a number of times, until finally, the sura began to manifest:

Recite (Iqra'): In the name of thy Lord Who created,
    Created a man from a blood-clot.
    Recite: And thy Lord is the Most Generous,
    Who taught by the pen,
    Taught man that he knew not [1]

After this, he disappeared, and the Prophet, shaken and trembling, returned home to his wife Khadija, and told her "Cover me, cover me... What has happened to me?" and told her what had happened, adding "I fear for my life". She comforted him, assuring him that God would never debase him, because of his good works, and sought the advice of her aged Christian cousin Waraqah ibn Nawfal. Upon hearing the sura, Waraqah saw in Muhammad the fulfillment of Biblical prophecy, describing it as the namus which was sent to Moses. Some Muslims regard this as a specific fulfillment of Isaiah 29:11-18[1].

Views
    A few commentators disagree with this account, claiming that the first revelation was the beginning of surat al-Muddaththir or surat al-Fatiha, but theirs is a minority position.

[edit]
    Muslim view
    Muslims view this as one of the most important events in history, leading to other people adopting Islam.

[edit]
    Christain view
    Some Christians believe Muhammad was deceived by an angel, and cite Paulus in the Bible warning against listening to angels.

[edit]
    Non-Muslim view
    Some non-Muslim are known to speculate regarding Muhammads health as an explanation of the event.

20. DiscussionPeace

DiscussionPeace Banned

Best Answers:
    As I have read somewhere here is my religion:

Love, Wisdom, Truth, Virtue, Fairness (Justice).
    dsp
    Put this into practice for half a day only and see the results.