1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How can I contact google search engine to index my site?

Discussion in 'Google' started by zipdisk, Aug 12, 2006.

I do believe that my domain was blacklisted when it was owned by the previous owner. The reason is that I have submit my domain to google engine and created sitemap, submit to many directories, and exchange links with some large incubent sites. However, it seems useless to attract google to index my site even after several weeks.

However, in contrast, my another site, which was submitted to google in these 2-3 days, it was indexed now. I don't think I have put much effort on this new site. The major reason I guess that domain was never used by people before, or never banned by google.

I just wonder how I can contact google to index my site? I think it is unfair to banned my site because the fault of the old owner of the domain. Anyone has similar experience?

Note that this is a domain that I recently registered from Godaddy. Someone else must own this domain before as I think the domain name seems to be a very popular one to name a highly competiting keyword.

zipdisk, Aug 12, 2006 IP
  2. Smyrl

Smyrl Tomato Republic Staff

Best Answers:
    Have you put a link to your site in your signature? Usually as long as it is not only link to your site it gets site indexed fairly quickly.

I have never dealt with a blacklisted site.

Smyrl, Aug 12, 2006 IP
  3. stackman

stackman Peon

Best Answers:
    When you look at Google's list of pages it has indexed (site:www.yoursite.com), does it show pages from a previous owner. If so, Google's help pages tell you how to un-index those pages. I've had a similar problem with a domain name that I had used for a different web site in the past.

stackman, Aug 12, 2006 IP
  4. zipdisk

zipdisk Peon

Best Answers:
    Yah, I have put a link in my signiture here.

zipdisk, Aug 12, 2006 IP
  5. zipdisk

zipdisk Peon

Best Answers:
    No, I was just doing that way. No appeared. In fact, this is an expired domain that I recently got from godaddy, not purchased from someone else.

zipdisk, Aug 12, 2006 IP
  6. seo-mumbai

seo-mumbai Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    main thing is before buying any domain we have to check in google.even once my friend had same exp he emailed google but no result

seo-mumbai, Aug 13, 2006 IP
  7. zipdisk

zipdisk Peon

Best Answers:
    However, i just checked the sitemap statistics of the site. Although my site is not indexed, "The PageRank of your pages in Google" shows a low to medium rank. I just wonder since the site is not indexed, why they provide the informaiton of PageRank of my pages. weird and curious!

Also, when we register a new domain, how can we know whether it has been blocked from Google or not.

zipdisk, Aug 13, 2006 IP
  8. k12onos

k12onos Peon

Best Answers:
    to check wether your site is banned or not.
    you must have google toolbar that display page ranks.
    go to google.com, then search for "www.yourdomain.com" without quotes. if page ranks in google toolbars shows in "Grey" then your site is banned. if it shows in "white" or "green" your site is fine with google.

k12onos, Aug 13, 2006 IP
  9. genius

genius Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I have one question about indexed pages.If I write site:www.mydomain.com is it the same thing as site:mydomain.com ? if I write site:mydomain.com I get a lot of pages but on the other hand if i write site:www.mydomain.com I just see my index page.

genius, Aug 13, 2006 IP
  10. zipdisk

zipdisk Peon

Best Answers:
    It seems that the page rank is "white" not "grey" But when I type in "site: www.mydomain.com" nothing out. Not indexed yet, I have submitted for 3 weeks.

zipdisk, Aug 13, 2006 IP
  11. infonote

infonote Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    The only thing i can suggest is to email them.

infonote, Aug 13, 2006 IP
  12. Rasputin

Rasputin Peon

Best Answers:
    A site can be 'banned in practice' without being actually banned.

My site in the same position as the one described here - I bought a domain name without knowing it had been banned in a previous life - is not banned, I even have an email from google telling me it's not banned, and it got PR2 in the last review. But 7 months after my reinclusion request was passed to the google engineers and approved, it is still only the home page that is indexed, and to the best of my knowledge (I've given up checking) google have never found a single visitor for the site.

Yes I did do reinclusion requests, sitemap, email to google and so on. Google report 14 backlinks, MSN more of course, so it's not that they don't know about its existence. Nothing helps a bit. And yes I wrote every single word of the site myself, and no there are no links in the footers etc.

You are in for the long haul I think...

Rasputin, Aug 13, 2006 IP
    Bondat likes this.
  13. genius

genius Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Can anyone answer this ? :confused:

genius, Aug 13, 2006 IP
    Bondat likes this.
  14. Icheb

Icheb Peon

Best Answers:
    Hijacking threads isn't the nicest of things.

Icheb, Aug 13, 2006 IP
    Bondat likes this.
  15. genius

genius Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I thought that it was related to the topic that's why i asked this question here..if it isn't related please delet my post. ;)

genius, Aug 13, 2006 IP
  16. theo-zzzz

theo-zzzz Notable Member

Best Answers:
    You can find out if the domain was previously owned by somebody else by going to this site:
    http://www.archive.org/index.php

If you think that Google banned the domain, you have to file a reinclusion request at Google Sitemaps, in the upper right corner of the first page in Sitemaps you can see a tools link.
    Fill out the reinclusion request, and give detailed information, they will like that.

theo-zzzz, Aug 13, 2006 IP
    Bondat likes this.
  17. zipdisk

zipdisk Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks, I have asked google to reinclude my site by submitting a reinclusion form.

In addition, I found the history of my domain, which was used by a very huge start-up company in year 2000-2001. The company now of course disappear.

zipdisk, Aug 13, 2006 IP
    Bondat likes this.
  18. tonyinabox

tonyinabox Peon

Best Answers:
    This can't check anymore. Now banned website also got PR.

Ask Mong, he knew that :rolleyes:

tonyinabox, Aug 13, 2006 IP
  19. sas410

sas410 Active Member

Best Answers:
    sas410, Aug 14, 2006 IP
    Bondat likes this.
  20. k12onos

k12onos Peon

Best Answers:
    Aww, at least we can still use it on PR 0 Websites, hehe :D

anyway i saw an article here that would redirect domain.com to _www.domain.com so SE wouldnt index your page with wrong domain names.

k12onos, Aug 14, 2006 IP