1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Ands not found on <insert random word here>

Discussion in 'Co-op Advertising Network' started by hasen, Sep 29, 2009.

Is anybody else getting validation problems with some of their sites since the loss of the API system? I get errors like 'Ads not found on domain.com/somepagethatdoesntexist' and the page not only does not exist on the site itself but also is not indexed in Google either. I don't really know where the co-op is getting the information about that page unless its just randomly making up webpage names!

Is there any possible workaround? Its not like I can just add these pages to my robots.txt because they are already not indexed by Google...

hasen, Sep 29, 2009 IP
  2. pixads

pixads Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    make sure you add a good 404 error document line in your htaccess
    this sometimes fixes errors with missing pages

pixads, Sep 29, 2009 IP
  3. benitez17

benitez17 Active Member

Best Answers:
    My sites have been failing validation on things like RSS feeds and other pages that can't include co-op links. If you keep trying to validate, eventually it will succeed.

benitez17, Sep 29, 2009 IP
  4. SERPalert

SERPalert Guest

Best Answers:
    Why not create /randompage and put the ads on it so the ad network finds them?

SERPalert, Sep 30, 2009 IP
  5. hasen

hasen Peon

Best Answers:
    Ok I managed to validate some by simply validating over and over until it succeeded like you suggested. However, two sites have even more serious problems. When I try to validate I DO NOT get an error like:

Ads not found on http://www.domain.com/page.html

I get an error like:

Ads not found on t

or

Ads not found on V

or even

Ads not found on

!

This doesn't make any sense at all. Its not even referring to pages on the site at all, simply it refers to letters of the alphabet!

hasen, Sep 30, 2009 IP
  6. hasen

hasen Peon

Best Answers:
    How do I do this?

That's maybe any even better idea! Although it doesn't work with everything. For example on page without ads on is style.css so I don't know how to put ads on that. Another page was portal/network/index.cfm?FuseAction=SearchResults&Letter=F&startrow=1&orderby=c.username&profiletype=community&profilecategoryid=&area=Find. Also it doesn't solve my problem I described in the post above since the errors don't even seem to be about pages on my sites...

Last edited: Sep 30, 2009
    hasen, Sep 30, 2009 IP