1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Amazon Asscociate Script

Discussion in 'Amazon' started by WallaceYeung, Sep 25, 2009.

Besides AssociateOMatic,
    can you recommend any similar script that i can build up my very first Amazon affiliate store?

WallaceYeung, Sep 25, 2009 IP
  2. vagrant

vagrant Peon

Best Answers:
    Associate-O-Matic from http://www.associate-o-matic.com
    AffiliateBang from http://www.affiliatebang.com/
    Associate Engine from http://www.c3scripts.com/
    WAHA from http://www.wahacms.com/
    ReviewAZON that is a wordpress plug-in from http://reviewazon.com/
    ghostscripter from http://www.ghostscripter.com/amazon_shop.php
    proASM from http://www.freekrai.net/products/proasm
    Amazon Store Builder from http://www.esvon.com/pg/products/p_amazon/
    Amazon Associate Store from http://www.gmpservices.com/Software/Instant-Amazon-Store.aspx
    EasyStore from http://www.theeasystore.com/
    etc

All the above are scripts that will allow you to host an amazon shop.

When choosing,
    Have a look to see how helpful their support forums are (user to user support is important).

Try to pick one that allows you to tweek the information shown, page layout, urls used to display products, order things are displayed on the page.
    The more they can be tweeked the better, especially the url's, title tags etc.

Check to see if they switch between amazon shopping cart and no cart or can do both at the same time.

Check to see if you must have a "powered by" link.

Check for any money back guarantees. incase the script does not work on your web space.

Check if you need php5, mysql etc, and if your web host has that.

Check restrictions on how many "installs" of the script you can use.
    Some only allow one store for the price, some allow many.

vagrant

vagrant, Sep 27, 2009 IP
  3. odls

odls Active Member

Best Answers:
    Be very careful! There are some out there who take your money then don`t deliver on their promises.

Some will say they`ll guarantee you so many hits, they say they`ll this and that for you but don`t. I wouldn`t touch the AssociateOMatic one.

I`ve used http://www.ebiz-u.com/ for several years and have three sites with them. They can provide an online editor for you to make any changes yourself if you want, or they will do changes for you.

But one piece of advice, make the store `your own` otherwise it will just look like thousands of others and you won`t get the sales.

odls, Sep 27, 2009 IP
    WallaceYeung likes this.
  4. WallaceYeung

WallaceYeung Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Thanks vagrant and odls,
    it's the true advice and recommendation that i am looking for, hah! :)

WallaceYeung, Sep 27, 2009 IP
  5. PuReWebDev

PuReWebDev Peon

Best Answers:
    I'm a little biased on my recommendation, but I'd recommend EcommerceForEveryone.com , only $10 can get you a site like: www.macandpcstore.com or www.coffeedrinkersheaven.com . Those two sites are using the standard styles, but you can modify and create your own look.

The sites have some features that no other amazon website offers, plus an easy to use website control panel to modify your store. Good luck with your research.

thnx,
    PuReWebDev

PuReWebDev, Sep 27, 2009 IP
  6. mickyweju

mickyweju Peon

Best Answers:
    I will also recommend goldencan very good..hope it helps

mickyweju, Sep 27, 2009 IP
  7. pixads

pixads Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    although you might have a very nice service going on there don't you think your post is a little bit spamish
    while the OP is asking for a SCRIPT to build a store you offer a service...

pixads, Sep 27, 2009 IP
    vagrant likes this.
  8. Ntech25

Ntech25 Active Member

Best Answers:
    I recommend reviewazon. I just started building a site with it www.shopsavecenter.com haven't started adding much products cause I was in process of having a cart added on to script and it is almost done. So will start building on it.

2nd script I use is AOM and its not the best can make it good and make decent sales.

Ntech25, Oct 2, 2009 IP
  9. gcintermed

gcintermed Member

Best Answers:
    The E4E sites are hands down the nicest and look like real stores, whereas many of the others look like, well.. script-generated sites, because they are. The question you need to ask is, if you are selling the same stuff every other associate is, and your site looks like nothing special, why is someone going to buy from you?

On the other hand E4E seems expensive at $10/mo/store compared to the script option. I am wondering if anyone else has any experience with comparing these solutions?

gcintermed, Nov 3, 2009 IP
  10. vagrant

vagrant Peon

Best Answers:
    E4e ARE nice to look at, but they have too much of a footprint for the search engines to pick up on and thus are easy to block from serps.

$10 per month per store is TOO MUCH for most users who run 8 or 9+ stores at a time and it costs them cheaper than one on E4E. Their support forum has also been unusable or off line since before Easter due to spam.

Just about any of the scripts can be made to look "nice" with some time spent getting the template how you want it. Once you learnt your way around the scripts template it becomes easier to make your second store using the script you have already paid for :)

The one i an currently trying is the one from affiliatebang.com (direct link) which has a lot of control over the displayed URL format / meta data....
    i just now need to spend a while doing a "nice" template that looks exactly how i want it to, then i will be adding another 5 or 6 of them at no extra cost.

Last edited: Nov 3, 2009
    vagrant, Nov 3, 2009 IP
  11. gcintermed

gcintermed Member

Best Answers:
    Yeah, AffiliateBang would be my next choice. And you make a good point about investing time once to get a template looking good, and then leveraging that across many stores.

Another thing I am wondering about, do you think it makes a difference where the shopping cart is? E4e integrates it into the site, whereas the other scripts send the buyer to Amazon. So on the other sites it's clear that you're just an Associate and the person is buying from Amazon, whereas on E4e you seem like your own store with Amazon just doing the fulfillment. I am wondering if this makes any difference.

gcintermed, Nov 3, 2009 IP
  12. vagrant

vagrant Peon

Best Answers:
    On some of my stores i use both cart and direct buy button with no problem at all with "Bang". I just turn on the cart then add the buy button as well on the item page, along with another button saying get more details/price options from amazon as well.

Cart is good in one way, but it can limit their chance to add extra items once they reach amazon..... i try an cover several options as well as making it clear it is amazon who collect their credit card details not me :) .... some end users don't like carts because of that especially if there is a log-in option on your site like some you mentioned. The other advantage of "Bang" is you can use the script on .com .co.uk etc and not limited to using the same amazon ID on each install ... and that helps as some like AOM you buy it comes with a licence for ONE amazon ID which limits it somewhat.

I used to use MrRats script, but the url structure can not be set to how I want, where as now i can change the url structure on each store, and find that helps serp wise.

vagrant, Nov 3, 2009 IP
  13. pixads

pixads Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    vagrant: One minor error... with AOM I have different ID for each store of mine. all of them come from my account so I don't think AOM guys would mind me doing it this way

I also used Mr. Rat but it takes me too much time to set one of those the way I want it so for now AOM is the best option for me and it works quite fine too

and for all the guys that tend to b*** about the reason a shopper would buy from your store .... Do think about the way people tend to find stores and products and then you might find the answer

have phun

pixads, Nov 3, 2009 IP
  14. sakto

sakto Active Member

Best Answers:
    If you want a free Amazon script you can try the one from Magnik.com. It can easily be customized If you know php.

sakto, Nov 3, 2009 IP
  15. vagrant

vagrant Peon

Best Answers:
    Sorry for the error. I was not aware it could be used that way now. Last time I used it a few years back the amazon ID was part of the coded licence key for AOM, and that was one of the reasons i went off it after a while as i needed to have stores on .com .co.uk and .ca ..... good to know it has changed now, I may give it another look sometime.

That's simple (possibly?), they find my page by search and it's quicker to go to amazon by my button than going back and searching again ;) (for the stores anyway - not the article pages on my main sites)

vagrant, Nov 3, 2009 IP
  16. mxyzplk

mxyzplk Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    nice list... thanks for the great list, many site that I haven't heard yet

mxyzplk, Nov 4, 2009 IP
  17. pixads

pixads Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Now you can use the same license for .ca, .com, .co.uk, .de and .fr
    Still no .jp but I hope this will be fixed soon

Exactly. the ones that go straight to amazon they do it anyway. Some of the ones that don't - land on my pages cause I rank higher than amazon

pixads, Nov 5, 2009 IP
  18. party

party Peon

Best Answers:
    Thx sakto... is this script free???

party, Nov 8, 2009 IP
  19. mxyzplk

mxyzplk Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I just bought wahacms, but I haven't try it yet, anyone here already tried wahacms?

mxyzplk, Nov 16, 2009 IP
  20. sakto

sakto Active Member

Best Answers:
    Yes it is.

sakto, Nov 16, 2009 IP