1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Worst web hosting company -Yahoo!

Discussion in 'Yahoo' started by murali.infomail, Jun 6, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BadBoyzStudioZ

BadBoyzStudioZ Peon

Best Answers:
    worldisp.net

http://www.hostdepartment.com

Stay away... Far, far away!

Wordpress? What host doesn't support Wordpress? Come on, you're kidding right?

BadBoyzStudioZ, Sep 19, 2009 IP
  2. murali.infomail

murali.infomail Active Member

Best Answers:
    I am fair enough buddy,

Yahoo! hosting does not support "WordPressMU".... I am not kidding..

murali.infomail, Sep 19, 2009 IP
  3. ishan001

ishan001 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Now that's interesting!

You can't say that everyone's a fraud because you had bad experiences with some companies.

I have been with Doreo, an excellent host and am fully satsified with their services.

What's next?

No offense, but will you make a thread saying that all search engines suck because Bing or some other engine does not return good results?

ishan001, Sep 19, 2009 IP
  4. cool_dude

cool_dude Peon

Best Answers:
    Guys,My problem is a lot worser.I registered a domain in yahoo but they banned my yahoo account a few days before.Now I'm unable to access my domain control panel.Now I need authorisation code and domain release to transfer my domain but they are not helpful :(.they asked me to fill a form online which I already did more than 3 times.Worst service ever.

cool_dude, Sep 19, 2009 IP
  5. extraspecial

extraspecial Member

Best Answers:
    Don't expect a good hosting service from a search engine... That's why companies becoming more powerful when they concentrate on one mission :)

extraspecial, Sep 20, 2009 IP
  6. Anil Pandey

Anil Pandey Active Member

Best Answers:
    Never had any experience with Yahoo. In fact, I never did get a chance!:D

The first and the last webhost I came across is www.infrenion.com

Initially had deliberated going with Godaddy as had registered my first domain with them, but decided against it. Finally came across infrenion. Its around two years since but never had any reason to consider anybody else.

They have all the modules installed on their servers. Till date have developed almost all types of sites; plain html sites, social networking sites, TGP sites, wordpress blogs etc but they were never lacking in any thing. Whatever requirement I put forth, they already have it.

Their support system is also top notch. They will sort out any issues right away. But the best thing is their helpful approach. They will do anything to help you out. They will even install any script howsoever complicated it may be. Recently they installed two scripts for me (Smart Thumbs and Trade Expert) which I would not have been able to do at all. Prior to that they had installed the Dolphin 6 social networking script. Now I am planning to start a video upload and sharing site and naturally will approach them for the installation. They never charge anything extra for that.

And you can always approach their support which is online 24/7.

In fact my online success depends for a large part on them.

Anil Pandey, Sep 20, 2009 IP
  7. theapparatus

theapparatus Peon

Best Answers:
    Actually a lot of hosts don't support WordPressMu as it's not made for shared hosting. They repeat that over and over again every day in the support forums but few folks listen. Folks don't realize that with WPMu, if you have 200 active blogs, it's the same thing as 200 regular wordpress installs when it comes to processor usage.

Example: Dreamhost: http://mu.wordpress.org/forums/topic/12455

Another problem is many hosts, while they allow reselling, don;t allow the giving away of free space as it attracts spammers and abuse.

Reference: http://mu.wordpress.org/forums/topic/12289

General Reference: http://mu.wordpress.org/forums/topic/12308

Oh, and there are hosts don't support regular WordPress as well.

theapparatus, Sep 20, 2009 IP
  8. jezzz

jezzz Notable Member

Best Answers:
    3ix.org :( I m having worst experience by hosting files there :(

jezzz, Sep 20, 2009 IP
  9. Freshide

Freshide Guest

Best Answers:
    Thanks for the review , I'm never going to use Yahoo Hosting just for this issue and i hope they know, Stupid Yahoo, Google should make a Hosting Company!

Freshide, Sep 20, 2009 IP
  10. theapparatus

theapparatus Peon

Best Answers:
    theapparatus, Sep 20, 2009 IP
  11. kurtwayne

kurtwayne Peon

Best Answers:
    Yahoo sucks :)

kurtwayne, Sep 20, 2009 IP
  12. BadBoyzStudioZ

BadBoyzStudioZ Peon

Best Answers:
    Wow... People still debating this? What's the verdict? Is it in yet? Does Yahoo blow or do they rock or what? I say they blow. But that's voting more than once. Is that fair? Probably not, but who is counting?

I like how the guy above says Yahoo sucks and then puts a smiley face after it. That is what they call passive-aggressive I think... ;)

BadBoyzStudioZ, Sep 26, 2009 IP
  13. Western

Western Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    IMO worst hosting company is PacificRack (PacificRack.com)
    safety(0.00%)

Western, Sep 26, 2009 IP
  14. linkfrommysite

linkfrommysite Peon

Best Answers:
    dijaminmurah.com and iixmedia.com from Indonesia .... WORST !!!!!

linkfrommysite, Sep 26, 2009 IP
  15. Hoster1

Hoster1 Peon

Best Answers:
    I used Geocities many years ago when it was run on the same platform as Yahoo hosting, and it was pretty bad then. And now they're shutting it down, haha.

Hoster1, Sep 26, 2009 IP
  16. kidding

kidding Peon

Best Answers:
    At this point I feel Dreamhost as the worst web hosting company . They offer 9 $ hosting and promo codes . But their support and up time really sucks .You won't agree with me if you are a new Dreamhost customer or with less traffic .

kidding, Sep 26, 2009 IP
  17. BadBoyzStudioZ

BadBoyzStudioZ Peon

Best Answers:
    Yeah "really". Whoever the scared little puppy was that red repped me man... I am getting so sick of the pathetic little anonymous "reps".

So whoever you are the answer is... Yeah REALLY

Come on out and plaa-aay wit me!

Hostdepartment sucks and my vote is Yahoo is worse. Have a lovely afternoon.:rolleyes:

I am SO GLAD I found out that giving bad rep costs you something. I thought I was just getting screwed with no recourse. Fortunately, I don't care about bad rep 'cause I am a BAAAAAAD BOY! And I deserve the title too! Unlike some chicken little scared backstabbers I have met.

Yahoo is unorganized. I worked with them for 4 years. I have a domain or two with them that fortunately I paid in advance for or I would have been screwed. They were $9.95 when I bought them, but they raised the price to a rediculous $34.95 per year w/o warning or cause other than they are desperate for money. I would not use their web services if they were the last provider ON EARTH because they are not knowledgeable and basically unethical in their business practices.

I bought a domain at GoDaddy that someone ALREADY paid IN ADVANCE for at Yahoo, yet I still got it anyway. It turned out great because I owned their business name and it gave me leverage and now I am a major player in their VERY large music company, but the fact remains that Yahoo let the domain go even though they paid in full for it. THAT... is unorganized and bad business.

Hostdepartment is OK, but they are hard to communicate with. I BEGGED for an upgrade and their "sales" staff doesn't have a clue what their own products are. They can't sell you anything because they have no clue what they are selling! And EVERY time I spend money on advertising.... FORGET IT!~ The MySql database goes down and so there goes my advertising dollar down with it! Been with them for (3) years and have been pretty upset most of the time. I cannot wait to leave this year, it will be an honor!

So... Yeah... Anonymous Jerk... REALLY! (Here is a smiley face for you) :)

Last edited: Sep 26, 2009
    tradeya likes this.
  18. The Mighty BamBam

The Mighty BamBam Peon

Best Answers:
    Yahoo has been really going down hill recently. I personaly wouldnt do business with them at all. They arnt no Google. (lol)

The Mighty BamBam, Sep 26, 2009 IP
  19. BadBoyzStudioZ

BadBoyzStudioZ Peon

Best Answers:

Thank God for that. Google is... Never mind, you don't want to hear it.

"The Mighty Bam-Bam is a wicked cool handle! Love it!:D

20. platom

platom Active Member

Best Answers:
    emm..maybe "Yahoo! Domains" is the same..

platom, Sep 26, 2009 IP
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.