1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Search Volume

Discussion in 'Keywords' started by Toon-c, Sep 18, 2009.

Hi,

I have a website with many categories in different topics ( http://www.youtips.net ).

I'm willing to rank high for one or two keywords to begin with, as the site is new and has low authority ..

I want to ask what is a good search volume according to you .. I rank in the second page on Google for a competitive keyword (mainly because of on page optimization) and I get about 10 UV / day from that exact keyword (I don't consider the variety)

Do you think that if I get to the first page (top 10) or to top5, this keyword will generate good traffic ?

thanks for answering ..

Toon-c, Sep 18, 2009 IP
  2. dddougal

dddougal Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    The first result usually gets 80% of the traffic. If you get on the first page I would say it would be more like 100 uniques.

dddougal, Sep 19, 2009 IP
    Toon-c likes this.
  3. Toon-c

Toon-c Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Thank you for answering, Rep+ ..
    It will be great for a start .. But I have a lot of work to do to get to page one.

Toon-c, Sep 19, 2009 IP
  4. bruceslogos

bruceslogos Peon

Best Answers:
    If your keywords is in the top of search result, it is possible of getting traffic but it depends on the niche of your site. There is a sites that has good keyword ranking but with less traffic and with less unique visitors.

bruceslogos, Sep 20, 2009 IP
  5. jimlovingu2

jimlovingu2 Peon

Best Answers:
    I'm not convinced that there is such a thing as the best key word tool. There are plenty of ways to get traffic to your site mostly free.

jimlovingu2, Sep 20, 2009 IP
  6. gvannorman

gvannorman Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    There are plenty of ways to get traffic to your site. This is true. But, I think what the OP is looking for is targeted traffic. I believe that the best targeted traffic comes from search engines. You want to get into the top 5. Even though the main goal for all of us is to rank #1 in our niche, that takes alot of hard work and time to get there. But, your traffic will be greater and then you can start making more money from your ads and adsense. Well, its my theory anyway.

So, with that in mind...strive to make it to the #1 spot and never stop until you get there....its what SEO is all about. Keep optimizing your site until it reaches and stays there. The key thing to remember is that as soon as you get to the top spot, the second place person is going to optimizing to knock you out. So, you cant just sit back and wait for that to happen. Keep making your site better and your stay in the top spot will be long and prosperous. Good Luck

gvannorman, Sep 21, 2009 IP
  7. Candise

Candise Peon

Best Answers:
    Search Volume (Sv): it is how many queries are made for a keyword per month.

Candise, Sep 22, 2009 IP
  8. dcristo

dcristo Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    You don't rank for competitive phrases only with on page optimization :)

dcristo, Sep 22, 2009 IP
  9. Toon-c

Toon-c Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Ok, how you define a competitive keyword?

Toon-c, Sep 23, 2009 IP
  10. mickyweju

mickyweju Peon

Best Answers:

To me i will say we have best key word tool, i have tried the so call free methods and i prefare using keyword research tools to make research before jumping into a niche

mickyweju, Sep 27, 2009 IP