1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Selling a digital Product on Craigslist, ebay etc.

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by gooseandluba, Sep 18, 2009.

Are Craigslist and Ebay appropriate sites to sell your digital product on?

If so, are there more sites such as these where you should promote your product? Please list some.

How difficult is it to list your product on these sites? I see people offering services to create listings/postings on CL. What is the value in employing their services?

Thanks.

gooseandluba, Sep 18, 2009 IP
  2. Matt Willard

Matt Willard Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Well, why should someone go to Ebay for your digital product when they can go to a site you own? If this is, like, an ebook, it's better just to have it on your own site. Those CL ads are just to make loads of ad posts in which you can tell people to go to your website. But they'd probably just nuke those ads fast. I'm not a CL expert, but I'd think those kinds of ads would get pulled quick.

Matt Willard, Sep 18, 2009 IP
  3. John Galt

John Galt Peon

Best Answers:
    Ebay can be a goldmine if you milk it right. But you would have to sell it on a CD or the like, they don't allow digital downloads anymore. Fantastic for front end list building.

John Galt, Sep 18, 2009 IP
  4. gooseandluba

gooseandluba Peon

Best Answers:
    Why does Timex put their watches in Zellers and Targets when you could just go to Walmart and buy one??? The more places people see your product the more likely you are to sell that product. Marketing 101.

Anyway, does anyone sell their digital product on Craigslist?

gooseandluba, Sep 18, 2009 IP
  5. ellingtonk

ellingtonk Active Member

Best Answers:
    Tons of products on ebay... too many are similar & yours can get lost in the flood. It's a good market, but takes serious ad tactics imho

ellingtonk, Sep 18, 2009 IP
  6. lanta99

lanta99 Peon

Best Answers:
    I've sold many digital products on ebay. Just be careful when your customer uses a credit card. Once somebody took my product and then filled a charge back. He got my product but stole my money... :(

lanta99, Sep 18, 2009 IP
  7. ProPro

ProPro Guest

Best Answers:
    Man, ebay is definitely not the business b/c it's overwhelming with so many people on there trying to sell like products. I use CL to plug my products and services and I get responses every other day. But, solicitors will respond to your ads with their own. You can try Oodle and Kijiji and Payloadz as well.

ProPro, Sep 18, 2009 IP
  8. sport302

sport302 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Ebay would have to be in a CD or DVD format, and by the time you add all their little fees for this and that they will take about 10% of your profit away.

Craiglists just depends if people are really looking for what you are promoting, but since it is free you have nothing to lose by trying. Just be ready for crazy people who just enjoy flagging other people ads for no reason at all or because they are a competitor.

I personally have not had much luck with Craigslist, and find I just receive more spam email responses to my ads than anything.

Just put your product in Clickbank and let other people promote it for you.

sport302, Sep 18, 2009 IP
  9. alchamplin

alchamplin Peon

Best Answers:
    I made one sale on 100 ads I placed over there. Got hundreds of spam mails back on those ads, and got flagged for a removal once...haha. I really do not think that CL is worth spending time on promoting. I would focus that time somewhere else, there are lots of other classified sites popping up, one I saw the other day is backpage.com I have not used it, so I am not endorsing it, but just an example of another place to try.

alchamplin, Sep 19, 2009 IP
  10. Norebbo

Norebbo Active Member

Best Answers:
    I don't waste my time with CL (too many scammers), but I have tinkered with eBay a bit. Mostly CD/DVD sales of my digital files, but my main goal is to create an advertisement that will drive people to my site.

Norebbo, Sep 19, 2009 IP
  11. ladyred129

ladyred129 Peon

Best Answers:
    Yes I do use CL - To Sell - Something else to think about it give you a good back link as well.
    ( But it is a bit difficult - Time out's | Flagged, etc )

ladyred129, Sep 19, 2009 IP
  12. Ducati1198

Ducati1198 Peon

Best Answers:
    Of course you can list it on Clickbank, but they have their $50 fee for listing. You can also try payloadz, e-junkie and Click2sell.

Good luck

Ducati1198, Sep 19, 2009 IP