1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Blogroll or blog posts?

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by simpseo, Sep 13, 2009.

What is a more effective strategy, having blogroll links on relevant blogs or posting blog posts on relevant blogs?

From what I can see, having a blogroll link will mean that your link is always on the homepage so the PR of the page linking to you will be higher. Having a blogpost means that your link at some time drops off the main page and gets archived to a PR0 page (normally), but the benefit here is that you get an in context link rather than being on the sidebar with other links.

simpseo, Sep 13, 2009 IP
  2. seoz87

seoz87 Peon

Best Answers:
    well get a blog post links and then ask the blogger to put that post link on home page :) you will get the maximum value of your money :)

seoz87, Sep 13, 2009 IP
  3. JessieJames27

JessieJames27 Active Member

Best Answers:
    They are both relevant to a site/blog. :D But If I'm goin' to choose between the two, I prefer a link to a blog post. In that way, you'll get a relevant link from a related quality post. Sitewides sometimes lead to dropped in ranking especially if it is from unrelated sites/blogs.

JessieJames27, Sep 13, 2009 IP
  4. atniz

atniz Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I would go for blog post instead of blogroll. Try to get from high PR blogs as a lot of blogposts will gain some PR value by next PR update. Plus, a link in content with anchored keyword is what every SEO will work for.

I don't argue here that blogroll links is not worth compared to blogpost. Usually, blogroll links need monthly payments whereas blogpost is permanent type of link from a domain. That is worth.

atniz, Sep 13, 2009 IP
  5. wholenewmind

wholenewmind Peon

Best Answers:
    How about create a text widget on the sidebar with text? Then a text link in the content?

Do you guys think that is better than post and blogroll?

Thanks.

wholenewmind, Nov 2, 2009 IP
  6. tody8815

tody8815 Peon

Best Answers:
    Hello,
    In case of unrelated sites/blogs blogroll may do harm.So I always prefer blogpost to blogroll.

tody8815, Nov 2, 2009 IP
  7. blogger2006

blogger2006 Peon

Best Answers:
    I would prefer link from a blog post, it's more natural and assumed to be related, giving more quality to the link. Blogroll on the other hand will affect the link juice of your homepage, the more links your blogroll has, the less PR it would pass to your external links.

But either link in the blog post or blogroll, I would be happy to have my link posted. Links coming from blogs are very valuable because a blog is something personal in nature.

blogger2006, Nov 2, 2009 IP
  8. agatha5565

agatha5565 Peon

Best Answers:
    Hi,
    Always blogspot.Try it in the right way.

agatha5565, Nov 3, 2009 IP