1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Suggestion Can we have the bumping system brought back in the BST section?

Discussion in 'Support & Feedback' started by profanitytalker, Sep 6, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Helvetii

Helvetii Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Helvetii, Sep 9, 2009 IP
  2. cute angel

cute angel Peon

Best Answers:
    Best solution to avoid bumping :

1. We can wait till our thread drops off page 2

2. We can have a text link at the bottom of your thread that says "Promote or Bump".

3. Click on that text link and pay for the bump. Our thread will go to the top of the forum.

Please note if anyone bumps thread before it reaches page three, we can have our thread locked and will be banned from the forum

Now what do you say ??????

cute angel, Sep 10, 2009 IP
  3. ads2help

ads2help Peon

Best Answers:
    Not very good.

There are lots of rich members at DP so it will eventually be the same.

:D

ads2help, Sep 10, 2009 IP
  4. harrisunderwork

harrisunderwork Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    This is the perfect solution, and except replying that there are friends of OP bumping the thread is not the answer for not implementing the above methods. The BST market is not just for selling items, it is also for that the best items survive. Even if the items are best, the current rules make the thread go with Hades.

So please think about the above mod. The mod was especially made for this purpose only.

There are some average earning people too who are loosing good amount of sales due to this. Now would you like to distinct the BST thread by poor and rich people. I don't think so ?

harrisunderwork, Sep 10, 2009 IP
  5. tanujdude91

tanujdude91 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Thats what i want to know . I simply don't understand why was the poll created .
    Shouldn't you guys listen to the members of the community for a change?

tanujdude91, Sep 10, 2009 IP
  6. Brian1970

Brian1970 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    The sellers that cannot bump threads are experiencing the same problem as those that didn’t resort to bumping. You could post a new thread and it was knocked off the first page in no time by others bumping their own threads.

Now it’s fair for everyone.

Thanks Brian

Brian1970, Sep 11, 2009 IP
  7. harrisunderwork

Best Answers:
    Its just because the thread that are not bumped at all sell crappy products. Thats it.

Good selling products should always be visible to eyes, even if a product is not good, for how much more time will it be kept on bumping ? But good products do bump, not because OP wants, but because the product is good and the reviews it get.

Also, if the system is implemented to disable bumping for a new user, why not invert it, those who don't want to see bumped threads, just disable it.

That would be more suitable.

Regarding this thread : http://forums.digitalpoint.com/showthread.php?t=1443507 , the poll should have been made that how do you like if we give an option to you that you cant see bumped threads :)

Problem cant be solved just by ignoring it, but by researching the root cause of problem.

harrisunderwork, Sep 11, 2009 IP
  8. Brian1970

Brian1970 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    It’s not the system that people don’t like, it’s the change. Many of us have got away with breaking the rules for so long, the same people created the problem.

It’s not right that DP should be criticised for providing a solution to the problem.

Thanks Brian

9. harrisunderwork

Best Answers:
    I am not criticizing but its not the genuine solution you know. Most people who are earning from DP are just frustrated. Its just because some sales is always better then no sales at all. Personally speaking, DP is heaven for me since I started my whole online career here only.

But atleast suggestions could be heard and implemented. We already have 3-4 suggestions in queue, but still the reply is : No, never, nada, don't think about it.

Applying suggestions and having results is called research.

Turning the system off is called ignorance.

10. ads2help

ads2help Peon

Best Answers:
    Funny, I was just telling the truth (in my first post in this thread) but someone gave me a red rep. Oh well :rolleyes:

What I mean was : rich people would buy those "legal BUMPs" which could flood the front pages.

There is a member that wanted to pay $1000 just to bump his thread.

ads2help, Sep 11, 2009 IP
  11. harrisunderwork

Best Answers:
    How many more 1000 $ would he be paying :)

That's what I meant, people just cant keep on bumping crappy products.

Another alternative is, to bump threads only when the poster is somewhat rep person like, 10 itraders with no negative itrader and number of days joined should be 1 month minimum.

I think this should be fine since I don't see any problem in this suggestion.

Helvetii likes this.
  12. Helvetii

Helvetii Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I don't know much about VB mods or hacks, but is there a mod that will do exactly as above^^ which can be readily installed rather than coded from scratch?

Edit: Thanks to whosoever repped me for the previous post. Please sign your name when you leave rep, atleast when its +ve :p

Last edited: Sep 11, 2009
    Helvetii, Sep 11, 2009 IP
  13. Brian1970

Brian1970 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I’m sure that admins and Moderators put lots of thought into this before changes were made.

First come the infractions, then the 7 day ban. The problem didn’t subside so stricter action was needed.

DP doesn’t have an obligation to provide us with a platform to make money, we are all free to go elsewhere if we aren’t happy here.

14. Helvetii

Helvetii Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Sure they do, but that doesn't mean that it is perfect. I have never seen mods who are/were active service providers in the BST support this change publicly and rigorously.

Happier likes this.
  15. harrisunderwork

Best Answers:
    Now thats called ignorance. :)

Don't take my words harshly but that was not the answer expected from a high rep member.

16. Brian1970

Brian1970 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    The purpose of a forum is for discussions, all I’m doing is putting my point forward.

The rules won’t be changing anytime soon so we may as well get used to them.
    My last post upset a few of you “we are all free to go elsewhere if we aren’t happy here.” But it is true.

Thanks Brian

Happier likes this.
  17. digitalpoint

digitalpoint Overlord of no one Staff

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Right... of course it's not a perfect solution. The problem is there *is* no perfect solution. It's simply the least bad solution (as I've said before).

First of all, bumping threads has always been against the rules, so people asking for us to simply "bring back bumping" are falling on deaf ears. Other suggestions are listened to.

We've been rolling out new features to make it better, but it's still not perfect.

Added a feature that allows users to choose how THEY want to sort the forums (ie. overriding the changes).

Sellers specifying an actual end date for their sale get their thread pushed to the top (directly under Stickies) for the last hour of their sale is another addition I made for example.

digitalpoint, Sep 11, 2009 IP
  18. Helvetii

Helvetii Notable Member

Best Answers:
    All efforts are truly appreciated, but Wouldn't something like 12 hours make better sense as hardly 20-30 user would get to view it in the last hour?

19. digitalpoint

digitalpoint Overlord of no one Staff

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    There will be additional changes/tweaks with how things are sorted displayed (especially as they are ending) once I get some more stuff in place. Right now it's "dumbly" putting them at the top during the last hour even if it's sold before that. So one thing (among many), is I need to get the system a way to know when something has actually sold or not.

digitalpoint, Sep 11, 2009 IP
  20. Helvetii

Helvetii Notable Member

Best Answers:
    How about a button, when pressed by the OP will change (or add to) the thread title to sold and close it?
    And also give some consideration to special sorting order in Services or E-books where things never sell out :)

And any comments on my suggestion (see sig.) I am not asking you to do it, just asking what do ye think?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.