1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

HostGator Shaving sales

Discussion in 'Commission Junction' started by st0ckman, Sep 8, 2009.

i started sending clients to hostgator earlier this year and never had any problems. now i lost two sales in a row and 200 dollars commission! my clients never heard of hostgator before and were directed to click my banner/link to signup. THEY NEVER VISITED THE SITE BEFORE AND I AM TOLD THEY DID AND SOMEONE ELSE WON THE SALE. this is not true.

this is really a shame as i love hostgators service but if i am not making my commission i have to go somewhere else.

i did some research on other sites and see people have been shaved/ripped off by hostgator before. is there anyone with the same problem?

st0ckman, Sep 8, 2009 IP
  2. aaron_nimocks

aaron_nimocks Im kind of a big deal Staff

Best Answers:
    Someone could of stuffed a cookie. Its not uncommon with hostgator that this happens.

aaron_nimocks, Sep 8, 2009 IP
  3. Pixelrage

Pixelrage Peon

Best Answers:
    I've been on Hostgator's affiliate program for well over a year and have NEVER made a dollar with them...and I'm doing rather well with affiliate marketing, making nearly double of what I did last year...that's all I have to say about their program.

Pixelrage, Sep 8, 2009 IP
  4. st0ckman

st0ckman Peon

Best Answers:
    i am aware of cookie stuffing and this is not the case as both clients cleared cookies before purchasing.

st0ckman, Sep 8, 2009 IP
  5. st0ckman

st0ckman Peon

Best Answers:
    what they should do is take down both clients names and do some research. as a matter of fact one client called them and demanded i get the commission. the only reason he stayed with hg is because he got a domain through them and wanted to keep it. i plan on reversing all the sales i sent them and bringing my business to another host. i am getting ripped off plain and simple.
    all i get from hg is sorry someone else won the sale.

st0ckman, Sep 8, 2009 IP
  6. Pixelrage

Pixelrage Peon

Best Answers:
    Are you doing their affiliate program through CJ or directly through them? Many people have suggested doing the CJ program instead.

Pixelrage, Sep 8, 2009 IP
  7. st0ckman

st0ckman Peon

Best Answers:

cj.com is where i send sales

st0ckman, Sep 8, 2009 IP
  8. anhbloginc

anhbloginc Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I don't get that trouble before but i have promote for Hostgator , i introduce it for my friend. He register one year hosting . But commission i got only $50 . ( They told $100 ) .

anhbloginc, Sep 9, 2009 IP
  9. Romanorc

Romanorc Active Member

Best Answers:
    I used to offer hostgator on some of my sites but I no longer trust their tracking system. I am 100% aware of a sale that I did not get credit for and when that happened, I stopped promoting them.

I doubt they are doing it on purpose, I just think there are holes in their tracking system.

Romanorc, Sep 9, 2009 IP
  10. st0ckman

st0ckman Peon

Best Answers:
    i will be promoting hostrocket on cj their commission is 110 dollars/sale not 100 like gator. after losing 200 in commission and having to ask two clients to cancel their service with gator I WILL NOT USE THEM AGAIN.

ALL GATOR DOES IS SEND SOME GENERIC RESPONSE TO MY SITUATION.

I am going to give them another few days then i will post all the negative reviews i find on other sites about gator and post them here.

IT SEEMS THEY HAVE BEEN RIPPING OFF AFFILIATES FOR A WHILE

st0ckman, Sep 9, 2009 IP
  11. korr

korr Peon

Best Answers:
    Unfortunately, this kind of complaint seems somewhat common with CJ's Hostgator program. Although I use CJ for a few programs, I've found that the results seem better through affiliate programs provided in-house by the advertisers themselves.

So if a company has their own affiliate scheme and one that's outsourced, the internal one probably has less overhead and allows the promoters to make more money. This is why I'm using Hostgator's own program, while the payout is lower, there doesn't seem to be any disappearing sales and the monthly performance incentive makes an even higher commission possible.

korr, Sep 11, 2009 IP
  12. st0ckman

st0ckman Peon

Best Answers:
    i totally disagree. in house affiliate programs are where there is the most shaving. gator can only get away with so much using a 3rd party site like cj.com

BTW HOSTROCKET PAYS 110, FATCOW PAYS 100 PLUS MANY OTHER HOSTS ON CJ.COM PAY AROUND 100 /SALE

I WILL NEVER SEND A SALE TO GATOR AGAIN AND I WILL BE ALTERNATING BETWEEN HOSTS ON CJ TO AVOID THIS PROBLEM

st0ckman, Sep 11, 2009 IP
  13. Pixelrage

Pixelrage Peon

Best Answers:
    I've used both the independent Hostgator program and the CJ one and never made a sale from either. However, the independent/self-run Hostgator program used to show tons of ad clicks. I realize that it might take hundreds of clicks to convert a sale, but a year's worth and still not even a single sale??? Come on.....

Pixelrage, Sep 11, 2009 IP
  14. atcweb

atcweb Peon

Best Answers:
    I have been promoting HostGator fo months and get 0$ !!
    I though the codes didn't work so I bought I host plan using my banners
    and I got the Money !! , but they take the money back maybe coz
    I used my ads . But why I got 0$ from them even when my ads get clicked
    may times !
    Better to try another host company

atcweb, Sep 13, 2009 IP
  15. hostgator

hostgator Peon

Best Answers:
    st0ckman do you have a ticket number on this I can take a look at? We never reverse a legitimate good paying customer. I'll be happy to give you a concrete answer on what happened very quickly.

hostgator, Sep 14, 2009 IP
  16. AffiliatePrincess

AffiliatePrincess Peon

Best Answers:
    I dont believe the sad stories people share about Hostgator. I believe its a Genuine Affiliate Network.

AffiliatePrincess, Sep 14, 2009 IP
  17. nikvn

nikvn Active Member

Best Answers:
    I am an affiliate of hostgator through their in house affiliate program.I don't make a lot but I am satisfied with their service.They always paid me for legitimate sign ups.

I am very happy that Hostgator staff has responded to this thread.

nikvn, Sep 15, 2009 IP
  18. nugnug77

nugnug77 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I think it's cookie stuffing

nugnug77, Sep 15, 2009 IP
  19. ArfanCh

ArfanCh Active Member

Best Answers:
    I have made so many sales from Host Gator and everything was fine last week I referred a friend to Hostgator and he signed up with my Affiliate Link keep in mind I made him clear all his cookies before he did and guess what ?? I was not CREDITED FOR THE SALE!

ArfanCh, Sep 16, 2009 IP
  20. st0ckman

st0ckman Peon

Best Answers:
    ill get the data on the new accounts i did not get paid for to you

st0ckman, Sep 16, 2009 IP