1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Is landing page necessary for affiliate products?

Discussion in 'Google AdWords' started by gk_awadhiya, Aug 9, 2006.

I have started an adwords campaign for a affiliate program. I have set the destination url to direct merchant's landing page. I want to know whether my own landing page is necessary?

GK Awadhiya

gk_awadhiya, Aug 9, 2006 IP
  2. H20

H20 Peon

Best Answers:
    Not necessary, but often better.

H20, Aug 9, 2006 IP
  3. gsga02

gsga02 Peon

Best Answers:
    If you have good merchant landing pages You shouldn't bother with making landing pages of Your own....

gsga02, Aug 9, 2006 IP
  4. instantinfopreneur

instantinfopreneur Peon

Best Answers:
    Absolutely **Yes!!**

You need to capture visitors email address before they go to the merchants site. This way you build a targetted optin list to promote further offers.

Also, many folk will not buy first time around. You may need to follow-up several times to make a sale, and it's amazing how many merchants do not do this.

Offer something of value to encourage sign-ups and then send out regular newsletter.

Can be difficult if you know only a little about the subject area though! As with any business, best to stick to subjects you know and like.

instantinfopreneur, Aug 9, 2006 IP
  5. deronsizemore

deronsizemore Peon

Best Answers:
    I'm new to all this affiliate marketing stuff, and I'm curious how you would capture visitors email address with your own landing page? Is there some script that would do it for you?

Also, can someone show me a URL of someone's landing page? Not the merchants, but something something has designed? I'd like to see what one looks like.

deronsizemore, Aug 9, 2006 IP
  6. instantinfopreneur

instantinfopreneur Peon

Best Answers:
    To create a landing page write a couple of paragraphs pre-selling your merchants product. It often helps if this is based on your own personal experience.

Have a link that then goes to merchant site (your affiliate id).

To build your own list simply add an autoresponder optin form and offer some type of incentive if they sign up.

There are various forms, I find unblockable popups work best.
    (email me if you need advice on this).

If they subscribe redirect prospect to merchant site again via your id.

instantinfopreneur, Aug 10, 2006 IP
  7. gsga02

gsga02 Peon

Best Answers:
    It's a better idea, in my opion, to make, contruct, better targetted ads to a good sponsor, merchant site.

Look over and over and "learn" Your "selling site" and afterwards "build" a great 4 line ad.

gsga02, Aug 10, 2006 IP
  8. instantinfopreneur

instantinfopreneur Peon

Best Answers:
    I agree you need a good ad and learn all about the product USP's and stuff but in my experience...the real money is in the list you build...plus in most cases I think I can improve on the merchants copy;)

The Result? Hopefully the prospect is just looking for the "order" button when they reach the merchants site.:)

instantinfopreneur, Aug 10, 2006 IP
  9. top.searchenginemarketing

top.searchenginemarketing Peon

Best Answers:
    Take a Peak at this URL:-

http://www.myonlinevideohosting.com/google-slap/

The Google Slap, it will hurt a few and if so: Those doing it correctly will benefit.

Andrew Max Stubbs

10. dougadam

dougadam Active Member

Best Answers:
    feedblitz automates this task.

http://www.feedblitz.com/

dougadam, Aug 13, 2006 IP
  11. danielbruzual

danielbruzual Active Member

Best Answers:
    It would be very useful if you could send your traffic to your own page, this way you can target better. Let's say that the keyword phrase a visitor searched for was "simple and delicious banana recipes", if you create a specific landing page for that keyphrase you can target better those keywords which will lead to higher conversions (you could use "simple and delicious banana recipes" as page title and header, give some sample recipes and some testimonials).

danielbruzual, Aug 13, 2006 IP
  12. OmarNYC

OmarNYC Peon

Best Answers:
    Its also possible the merchant's landing page is seen by others, creating a blind effect. Work with your own :)

OmarNYC, Aug 13, 2006 IP
  13. carjamlangley

carjamlangley Guest

Best Answers:
    I've been working on a small website that will (hopefully) speak to my target audience and target keywords all for the sake of one affiliate program. I plan on focusing one keyword phrase for one page in my site, so my landing page is not my home page but the page that most appropriately fits that keyword phrase. All my pages direct the user to the affiliate link. That is kind of hard to do but I really believe in the product so hopefully that comes through on my pages. Maybe I'm working too hard and I should skip the landing site altogether. We'll see once I test it out when I'm done. I'm new to adwords, just been working for natural search results.

carjamlangley, Aug 15, 2006 IP