1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Is this domain worth 5000USD?

Discussion in 'Appraisals' started by leethacks.com, Sep 3, 2009.

1. Colin Behr

Colin Behr Peon

Best Answers:
    ok but do not spend near 5K not worth it

Colin Behr, Sep 3, 2009 IP
  2. leethacks.com

leethacks.com Peon

Best Answers:
    im gunna spend up to 3k

leethacks.com, Sep 3, 2009 IP
  3. bluewebs

bluewebs Banned

Best Answers:
    if we use any trademark at our domain name .. Then Domain Registration services provide sell us..according the law they also ingore sell trademark domain name..

bluewebs, Sep 3, 2009 IP
  4. leethacks.com

leethacks.com Peon

Best Answers:
    i dont understand what you mean?

leethacks.com, Sep 3, 2009 IP
  5. Vivi

Vivi Peon

Best Answers:
    Vivi, Sep 4, 2009 IP
  6. AskTheTrainer

AskTheTrainer Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    $5,000 = strong LOL

ONLY and I repeat ONLY 1 word dot coms command that kind of cash

AskTheTrainer, Sep 4, 2009 IP
  7. samser_m

samser_m Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I got one lesson after looking at this thread, domain reselling business is good. For a domain name, someone may say its $0 worth someone ready to pay $$$. :)

Last edited: Sep 4, 2009
    samser_m, Sep 4, 2009 IP
  8. zyngaPokercip

zyngaPokercip Guest

Best Answers:
    too exspensive...

zyngaPokercip, Sep 4, 2009 IP
  9. reobux

reobux Banned

Best Answers:
    my b it worth 50$ i think google will b happy with you

reobux, Sep 4, 2009 IP
  10. dizigold

dizigold Active Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    it doesnt worth anything, not even the reg fee

dizigold, Sep 4, 2009 IP
  11. SeedSown

SeedSown Active Member

Best Answers:

Anything close to being trademark infringement (spell check)
    is a big NOOOOO.

Had a good friend of mine who had a great domain.

The company sent a shark out to acquire the domain
    by purchasing it... he counter offered... the shark refused
    and a few days later got a letter from the attorney
    and National Abritration Forum (they're a joke but REAL)

Bottom line, he lost a great domain because of trademark
    issues...the worst part, companies are bullies and willing to
    pay more than you have to get what they think "should"
    be theres. It's bullshit but it's real.

SeedSown, Sep 4, 2009 IP
  12. leethacks.com

leethacks.com Peon

Best Answers:
    well in all fairness im willing to take this risk for such a great domain. but its up to you guys what you think. there is nothing you can do to change my mind.

leethacks.com, Sep 4, 2009 IP
  13. Nigel Lew

Nigel Lew Notable Member

Best Answers:
    $0 that is a no brainer.

Nigel

Nigel Lew, Sep 4, 2009 IP
  14. janecompersnews

janecompersnews Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    You WILL get their standard letter which says...

"Google is the owner of the well-known trademark and trade name GOOGLE, as well as the domain name GOOGLE.COM. As you are no doubt aware, GOOGLE is the trademark used to identify our award-winning search engine, located at http://www.google.com. Since its inception in 1997, the GOOGLE search engine has become one of the most highly recognized and widely used Internet search engines in the world. Google owns numerous trademark registrations and applications for its GOOGLE mark in countries around the world.

Google has used and actively promoted its GOOGLE mark for a number of years, and has invested considerable time and money establishing exclusive proprietary rights in the GOOGLE mark for online computer services and a wide range of goods. As a result of its efforts, the GOOGLE mark has become a famous mark and a property right of incalculable value.

You have registered, without Google's permission or authorization, the domain name WHATEVER (the "Domain Name"). The Domain Name incorporates the famous GOOGLE mark in its entirety, and, by its very composition, suggests Google's sponsorship or endorsement of your website and correspondingly, your activities.

Because the GOOGLE mark is famous, it is protected by the federal anti-dilution statute from users that are likely to dilute the distinctiveness of the mark. Your use of a Domain Name that incorporates the famous GOOGLE mark in its entirety constitutes trademark infringement and dilution of Google's trademark rights and unfair competition. Your use of the Domain Name is diluting use because it weakens the ability of the GOOGLE mark and domain name to identify a single source, namely Google. Further, your registration and use of the Domain Name misleads consumers into believing that some association exists between Google and you, which tarnishes the goodwill and reputation of Google's services and trademarks, in violation of Section 43(c) of the Lanham Act.

Your registration and use of the Domain Name is clearly designed to appropriate the goodwill associated with the famous GOOGLE mark in violation of the Anticybersquatting Consumer Protection Act ("ACPA"). Because you are using a Domain Name that incorporates the famous GOOGLE mark to direct Internet traffic to your commercial website, your bad faith intent to profit from our mark is manifest. Please note the ACPA provides for damages of up to $100,000 per domain name.

Your registration and use of the Domain Name is also actionable under the Uniform Dispute Resolution Policy ("UDRP"). Because you are using the Domain Name to attract Internet users to your website for commercial gain, your actions meet the bad faith criteria of Section 4(b)(iv) of the UDRP. Under similar circumstances, Google has prevailed in numerous UDRP actions. These decisions are located online at http://www.icann.org/udrp/udrpdec.htm.

In view of your infringement of our rights, we must demand that you provide written assurances within 14 days that you will:
    1. Immediately discontinue any and all use of the Domain Name;
    2. Take immediate steps to transfer the Domain Name to Google;
    3. Identify and agree to transfer to Google any other domain names registered by you that contain GOOGLE or are confusingly similar to the GOOGLE mark;
    4. Immediately and permanently refrain from any use of the term GOOGLE or any variation thereof that is likely to cause confusion or dilution.

Sincerely,
    The Google Trademark Enforcement Team"

It's all over the net, try googling!!
    http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&...+As+you+are+no+doubt+aware"&btnG=Search&meta=

janecompersnews, Sep 4, 2009 IP
  15. MervinKoops

MervinKoops Member

Best Answers:
    Definitely not worth $5,000 to start with, never mind the fact that it's a trademark violation and Google will just take the domain straight from you for nothing.

Ever thought of finding a much cheaper domain and then spending the other money marketing the website? You'll get much better results that way.

MervinKoops, Sep 4, 2009 IP
  16. Roman

Roman Buffalo Tamerâ„¢

Best Answers:
    Even if I got the domain for free I would not spend the time to build a website on it knowing I might lose it at anytime. As to paying for it, never, not 1 penny.

Roman, Sep 4, 2009 IP
  17. seage212

seage212 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Domain itself i wouldnt say is a trademark violation, it depends what they put on the site, if they write reviews and praise and just a general website about google, then thats ok then because thats just like having a one with facebook or twitter in it.

the law cannot sue someone for avin google in their name.

seage212, Sep 4, 2009 IP
  18. jakomo

jakomo Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    If something is related to Google trademark really I preffer take off the opportunity :p
    Domains similar to google like doogle, guggle, boobles, etc etc you need a good team of lawyers :)

Best,
    Jakomo

jakomo, Sep 4, 2009 IP
  19. parplex

parplex Peon

Best Answers:
    Id be willing to bet his reserve is fairly high and if thats the case it may not even sell or get very high the first time around. If you are really set on getting it, at least try and cut your risk and wait for it to fail to sell and then may a lower offer than the 4-5k he is requesting for offers.

Aside from that, I still really do not see whats so special about it to begin with.

parplex, Sep 4, 2009 IP
  20. leethacks.com

leethacks.com Peon

Best Answers:
    i already have a team of high paid lawyers so im in a good zone.
    i have contacted the guy already and he said if i recive a letter from google he will refund my money and i can keep the domain.

This domain means everything to me.

leethacks.com, Sep 4, 2009 IP